1. #3801
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    I've had similar problems in the past, even went as far as to manually enter my stats then when I ran it they again didn't match. Couldn't figure it out then. Posted that on mmo forums about 8 months ago.
    From what i can tell, haste under 10437 (4th tick of immo under hero/meta) skyrockets my haste value (6.88 vs 5.30 crit and 5.58 mastery)
    Anything over makes haste plummet to 5.14 vs 5.41 and 5.88.

    But not sure if i can trust the sims when the import is bugged. I'm i on the right track ?


    About 4set, i should refresh immo, but is it a dps gain/loss to also use a 3 stack CB to fit into the same buff (Like if i have double procs going) ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Isn't the amp effect added on afterwards? Check the results tab stats.
    You da man!
    I tried to unequip bindings and it now matches the import values.
    Highly strange and confusing but at least you found the "missing stats".
    Thanks
    Last edited by santa666; 2014-08-03 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #3802
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,240
    No problem.

    Also at 10.4k haste you can still fit in Chaos Bolt and Immolate in your 5 second 4pc window without needing to consume 3 stacks of backdraft.

    Just make sure you are tracking both your ember bar and the ICD of your 4pc buff and you can plan a few casts ahead.

  3. #3803
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    No problem.

    Also at 10.4k haste you can still fit in Chaos Bolt and Immolate in your 5 second 4pc window without needing to consume 3 stacks of backdraft.

    Just make sure you are tracking both your ember bar and the ICD of your 4pc buff and you can plan a few casts ahead.
    Lovely
    What do you use to track embers (besides default ui) ?
    Already track the buff but im bit of a spammer when it comes to buttons and noticed I can easily waste a global of the buff

  4. #3804
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,240
    I use elvui, but have detached the resource bar and placed it closer to the middle of my screen, along with Gnosis for a cast bar, surrounded by my weak auras.

  5. #3805
    Hello folks, its me again requesting some more help. Having arrived at Paragons 25hc I'm a little staggered about the amount of movement required. How is it possible to maintain competitive dps on that fight?

    Logs if needed: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4jr3xavwgJGN6MfY

  6. #3806
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    Hello folks, its me again requesting some more help. Having arrived at Paragons 25hc I'm a little staggered about the amount of movement required. How is it possible to maintain competitive dps on that fight?

    Logs if needed: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4jr3xavwgJGN6MfY
    If you aren't "padding" on the parasites with FnB/RoF and Havocing on CD you won't be able to "compete" with the dotters. Otherwise plant your feet as much as possible and (if you need to) use Backdraft on CB's if you have the procs to use. Don't be afraid to use your Havoc on another mob for Ember generating spells (Incin/Conflags) instead of just nuking the healing boss with CB.

  7. #3807
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    No problem.

    Also at 10.4k haste you can still fit in Chaos Bolt and Immolate in your 5 second 4pc window without needing to consume 3 stacks of backdraft.

    Just make sure you are tracking both your ember bar and the ICD of your 4pc buff and you can plan a few casts ahead.
    If you have other procs rolling and can plan for your 4 pc proc I like to go with an immolate refresh and 2 chaos bolts during 4 pc even if I have to consume 3 backdraft charges.

  8. #3808
    Mechagnome Crisius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    Hello folks, its me again requesting some more help. Having arrived at Paragons 25hc I'm a little staggered about the amount of movement required. How is it possible to maintain competitive dps on that fight?

    Logs if needed: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4jr3xavwgJGN6MfY
    I am assuming we're talking about actual damage on the targets you want to DPS, and not pure padding like a lot of affliction warlocks I've played with on that encounter in particular.

    Destruction has loads of things in its arsenal for this fight, which pretty much should ensure you a top spot provided you're equally geared to other players of your raid.

    First off, you'll want to keep immolate ticking on all 3 targets (preferably with your 4-set, but timing will not always allow for it).
    Secondly, you want to keep rain of fire up on the boss you are DPS'ing, as long as there either is another boss near enough for ROF to hit two targets, or especially if there are parasites up.
    Thirdly, you'll want to use havoc on cooldown. Not to chaos bolt, but to immolate, incinerate or conflagrate. This, coupled with immolate and ROF, will provide you a high, steady flow of embers.

  9. #3809
    Evening peeps,

    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the simcraft of my destro lock. Ive watched the vid from Evrelia about the simcrafting, however I'm getting some weird results for my lock and frost mage. For my warlock on a patchwerk fight with 1 or 2 targets it suggest dropping around 16% mastery in favor of 15% haste. So Int > Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit. Armory ain't working atm due to connected realm stuff, but I'm only in flex/normal gear, 556 ilvl with 93% mastery unbuffed. I was under the impression that I'm not where near the point yet that I need to drop that much mastery in favor of another stat?

    Any help is appreciated

  10. #3810
    I can't conceive of any time that you'd want to trade mastery for another stat. Simcraft has a tendency to overvalue haste, and with more than one target the value of haste goes up. I honestly wouldn't take Simcraft results to heart at this point in time. Stack mastery, and after that go for haste or crit per your preference.

  11. #3811

    question about snapshotting

    hey, I haven't been here for a while but i have a question about using proccs, this is something i read in the demo forum, when you're proccs are about to fade you don't have enough time for another SF, you would use drain life

    does that work for destro as well? or would it be better to use fel flame instead of drain life when your proccs are about to fall off and you don't have time for chaos bolt?

  12. #3812
    Mechagnome Crisius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    hey, I haven't been here for a while but i have a question about using proccs, this is something i read in the demo forum, when you're proccs are about to fade you don't have enough time for another SF, you would use drain life

    does that work for destro as well? or would it be better to use fel flame instead of drain life when your proccs are about to fall off and you don't have time for chaos bolt?
    The drain life trick does not apply to destruction. To question number two, you're much better off trying to time your conflags for those instances.

  13. #3813
    Stood in the Fire Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    hey, I haven't been here for a while but i have a question about using proccs, this is something i read in the demo forum, when you're proccs are about to fade you don't have enough time for another SF, you would use drain life

    does that work for destro as well? or would it be better to use fel flame instead of drain life when your proccs are about to fall off and you don't have time for chaos bolt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    The drain life trick does not apply to destruction. To question number two, you're much better off trying to time your conflags for those instances.
    It works identically, it's just not worth it — the primary reason this is feasible for Demonology is the significant damage bonus of being in Metamorphosis.
    <Duality> Zul'jin 7/7 Mythic

    Furty
    | Ciri | Badwolf | Furtysmage

    Twitter | Twitch - Streaming Challenge Modes, Mythic Raids, and more!

  14. #3814
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,213
    I hear pretty much everywhere how easy destro is but vaguely remember brusalk answering a post on that topic and that destro has a lot more depth then people give it credit for but cant seem to find the post

  15. #3815
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I hear pretty much everywhere how easy destro is but vaguely remember brusalk answering a post on that topic and that destro has a lot more depth then people give it credit for but cant seem to find the post
    Destro is fairly simple to get the basics of but has a good deal of skill required to squeeze the most out of it.

  16. #3816
    Stood in the Fire Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    Destro is fairly simple to get the basics of but has a good deal of skill required to squeeze the most out of it.
    Same is true with literally any spec in the game. As far as specs go it's pretty cut and dry though.
    <Duality> Zul'jin 7/7 Mythic

    Furty
    | Ciri | Badwolf | Furtysmage

    Twitter | Twitch - Streaming Challenge Modes, Mythic Raids, and more!

  17. #3817
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I hear pretty much everywhere how easy destro is but vaguely remember brusalk answering a post on that topic and that destro has a lot more depth then people give it credit for but cant seem to find the post
    The people that say it is easy think it's just build embers, then hurp durp CBs whenever you want. Embers are a resource, and any resource spec does require some degree of thought in order to get the most out of it due to being limited in the amount you'll get. You could get 40 CBs off in a fight, and still do less dps than someone in the same gear as you, who only gets 10 off just because they used their procs right.

    It's certainly not an insanely challenging spec, but it's not as overly simplistic as some people would say.

  18. #3818
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Same is true with literally any spec in the game. As far as specs go it's pretty cut and dry though.
    There's not that many specs faced with decisions that are not cut-and-dry correct or incorrect on a routine basis. Destro (and most Warlock specs) is (are) one of the few that faces such decisions many, many times in one encounter.

    Many specs don't have decisions with heavy trade-offs and opportunity costs associated with those decisions.

  19. #3819
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Same is true with literally any spec in the game. As far as specs go it's pretty cut and dry though.
    On a gross comparison sure but not really too many that are as polar with results or inability to recover from a mistake as warlocks in general. I've not mastered every spec but have played most at a decent level and the margin for error on any warlock spec is much smaller.

  20. #3820
    Stood in the Fire Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanattos View Post
    On a gross comparison sure but not really too many that are as polar with results or inability to recover from a mistake as warlocks in general. I've not mastered every spec but have played most at a decent level and the margin for error on any warlock spec is much smaller.
    That's exactly my point though; what mistake can you possibly make as destro that you can't recover from?
    <Duality> Zul'jin 7/7 Mythic

    Furty
    | Ciri | Badwolf | Furtysmage

    Twitter | Twitch - Streaming Challenge Modes, Mythic Raids, and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •