1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Some people in my raid usually ask for dispells to get better buffs, but if you aren't killing more adds I guess this isn't an option ^^
    You can Unbound Will all of the stacks (good/bad) off and restack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    This must have been asked before, but is there some kind of trinket ranking? all top locks, and ones posting here as using ALL of the ToT trinkets, is it a case of get hold of 2 x522 trinkets asap then the differences are not major? (I know unerring is op for Demo).
    Unerring is OP for all of the specs except for Destro (in theory, don't have it so can't say for sure or not). But generally speaking all of the ToT trinkets are better than all of the T14 trinkets.

  2. #662
    I've spent a good 6 hours reading, regemming, reforging and a lot more nonsense over the past week and still can't seem to hold at least a steady 100k dps.

    Logs of last weeks ToT run:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q9n3yviziip4qyko/
    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lyynx/advanced

    Settled with GoSac on all fights as no one had the reforge mount and it was my best option for most of what we did that night. I've done some MV/HoF heroics since, but I do not have logs, I just don't seem to be able to hold a steady respectable amount of damage throughout a fight. I've thought about going affliction but that would also require additional reforging/regemming between bosses, which isn't a big deal, but that would mean having to hearth to reforge between bosses and to my guild would be more of a burden then they see is worth it. I've tried using sims to gauge the dps I can be doing and while I'm doing around that level I know I can be doing better, I'm just not sure what I'm missing to be doing my max.

    I know my trinkets also are not ideal for destro either, but it's the best I have to work with sadly as the only time I can get normal mode trinkets from 5.0 raids is from pugs and I'm not first in line for the ToT trinkets either. I'd like to utterly destroy the other dps in my raid so I can move up that list and sort of cement my status of being a skilled dps (previously healer up to 5.2) but for now I'm around middle of the meter, which isn't good enough for me.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by LucianX View Post
    I've spent a good 6 hours reading, regemming, reforging and a lot more nonsense over the past week and still can't seem to hold at least a steady 100k dps.

    Logs of last weeks ToT run:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q9n3yviziip4qyko/
    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lyynx/advanced

    Settled with GoSac on all fights as no one had the reforge mount and it was my best option for most of what we did that night. I've done some MV/HoF heroics since, but I do not have logs, I just don't seem to be able to hold a steady respectable amount of damage throughout a fight. I've thought about going affliction but that would also require additional reforging/regemming between bosses, which isn't a big deal, but that would mean having to hearth to reforge between bosses and to my guild would be more of a burden then they see is worth it. I've tried using sims to gauge the dps I can be doing and while I'm doing around that level I know I can be doing better, I'm just not sure what I'm missing to be doing my max.

    I know my trinkets also are not ideal for destro either, but it's the best I have to work with sadly as the only time I can get normal mode trinkets from 5.0 raids is from pugs and I'm not first in line for the ToT trinkets either. I'd like to utterly destroy the other dps in my raid so I can move up that list and sort of cement my status of being a skilled dps (previously healer up to 5.2) but for now I'm around middle of the meter, which isn't good enough for me.
    Either armory is bugged or you are missing engi gloves enchant. 2 haste proc trinkets might be annoying as you dont have windows for dumping ur embers. Except back enchant procs and on use synapse strings from engi.
    I suggest you use your coins in ToT on bosses with trinkets (council, maegera, dark animus).

  4. #664
    Been reading these forums for awhile and still not sure how I should be prioritizing stat weights.

    Looking for some assistance with my current gear set:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced

    I'm fairly new to destro been playing affliction mostly for a long time. Been playing GoSup following a crit > haste > mastery setup currently. I'm able to do decent dps, but just wanted to see if anyone had some insight on a different direction I should be trying to go down.

    Here's some recent logs:

    Lei Shen
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=7048&e=7632

    Durumu, Prim, DA, Iron Qon
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=3396&e=3774

    Just got the shoulders and helm last night haven't been able to try the new stats in a raid setting yet since I gained alot of crit. Any help is appreciated.

  5. #665
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    DefiasBrotherhood-EU, Norway
    Posts
    484
    I'm here yet again to ask for heroic advice. We beat Jin'rokh fairly fast, but now we're stuck on Horridon. We seem to be struggling with matters I can't directly help with, so I'm stuck trying to improve my own performance.

    I've been using GoSac for superbuffed shadowburns, and to great result. However, in the final phase, I can only havoc the Direhorn (in the purpose of keeping it away) every 25th second, between that I am gonna have to use CotE on it, and that's a significant dps loss (as it is for every class). What I am wondering, is if using GoServ, and sticking the main pet on the Direhorn Spirit in the last phase (and before that, on boss because I can keep it away with FnB until then) and Serv on Horridon on CD would be of a higher benefit? GoSup would be of no use at all, since all damage on the direhorn is negative damage (as in no effect at all, and takes away the uptime of boss DPS). I am inclined to think GoSac still is the better choice, but then I'm stuck with the lovesick Dinosaur chasing me...

    Any tips greatly appreciated. :-)

    @Dercas,

    Hi. I realize you wanted assist with your gear, but tbh it looks fine. The only thing that irks me is not having 15% hit as a hardcasting spec. I took a look at your logs, and the Durumu one I found interesting. While I haven't killed the boss myself (stupid reasons I won't go into), I was able to keep a consistent 100-120k dps until we wiped (anywhere between 40%-8% left). Take from this what you will, but I'll give you my 0.02$ :-).

    I see you had only 88% uptime on Immolate. At times it can be tough to keep it higher because of procs and squeezing in as many Chaos Bolts as possible, but I strongly believe it can be planned better to yield a higher uptime.

    Taking a look at the Log Browser, I see that your raid chose to start with Bloodlust. Since this is the case, I wonder why you started with a chaos bolt, affected by no buffs other than prepot and haste. A better option would be to use RoF, conflagx2, CDs then Incin till 2 Backdraft charges, then 3x chaos bolts. All the while keeping RoF at a 100% uptime while DS is up. You'd presumably have all buffs up when the majority of these chaos bolts would land.

    While the Crimson Fogs are up, you can from the moment the 1st one spawns until the 3rd one is dead, keep a 100% uptime on RoF on Durumu because of the mana return from Shadowburn coupled with the fact that you'll be casting 2 chaos bolts on durumu between the fogs. This should yield a higher dps than your current option I believe. I looked at your log, and you went quite a long time after casting your 1st rain of fire during the add phase till your second one was up.

    Also, I notice you're using the Glyph of Dark Soul. On this particular fight, you'll have the option to use DS every time it comes off CD. While it may be tempting to use DS on the adds, I see no benefit to it, as the adds die soon enough - their health isn't the issue, getting to them are. If using DS on adds means you'll be postponing its use by some seconds, I would rather use DS on CD instead. It may yield a lower dps, but the effective dps on the boss will be higher, and tbh that's what counts here.

    A question I didn't find a good answer to, was wether or not to use gosac on that fight. However, as your gear does not allow it, I think you did well all things concidered.

    Sorry for not being able to help you with your gearing, but I believe you may take some away from this post anyway. :-) GL.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-03-29 at 11:06 AM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

  6. #666
    @Alarinth
    I use GoSup and micro the pet. When Direhorn is getting close to you just command your pet to attack it and back to the boss when direhorn is far enough. U just have to be careful, if your pet goes too far it will despawn but as destro its not that big of a problem since you can resummon your pet instantly for 10 burning embers and in that fight embers shouldn't be a problem except the last phase.

  7. #667
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    DefiasBrotherhood-EU, Norway
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    @Alarinth
    I use GoSup and micro the pet. When Direhorn is getting close to you just command your pet to attack it and back to the boss when direhorn is far enough. U just have to be careful, if your pet goes too far it will despawn but as destro its not that big of a problem since you can resummon your pet instantly for 10 burning embers and in that fight embers shouldn't be a problem except the last phase.
    Hm. That sounds to me like a DPS loss, especially if you micro the pet to attack it in the phases leading up to the War God. But thanks for the advice, I'll try this in the last phase with GoServ.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

  8. #668
    @Alarinth

    I use GSac for the Doors and resummon my pet in the last phase to stick it on the dinosaur. No idea if thats the best option but has worked great for me

  9. #669
    Field Marshal McDareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Twisting Nether, Sargeras-US
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Dercas View Post
    Been reading these forums for awhile and still not sure how I should be prioritizing stat weights.

    Looking for some assistance with my current gear set:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced

    I'm fairly new to destro been playing affliction mostly for a long time. Been playing GoSup following a crit > haste > mastery setup currently. I'm able to do decent dps, but just wanted to see if anyone had some insight on a different direction I should be trying to go down.

    Here's some recent logs:

    Lei Shen
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=7048&e=7632

    Durumu, Prim, DA, Iron Qon
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=3396&e=3774

    Just got the shoulders and helm last night haven't been able to try the new stats in a raid setting yet since I gained alot of crit. Any help is appreciated.
    Well I don't really think anyone is 100% sure on what is the "correct" way to gear yourself as Destro which is why you'll see everyone doing it differently. As to what I do is I gem and try to "stack" mastery as the way I see it and crit both point-for-point buff Chaos Bolt damage but mastery also buffs Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Fel Flame (though FF is not that important) by a decent amount and Shadowburn by the same amount as Chaos Bolt. Haste is actually pretty good as well as it buffs not only our pets and our own casting times (not really any point to hitting haste thresholds as destro) but it also increases proc chances on our RPPM trinkets which make Chaos Bolts do more damage as the fight goes on. And of course crit increases Chaos Bolt damage point-for-point and increases the chance for more ember generation.

    So as a rule of thumb, I gem and enchant for mastery, get haste to about 6636 (as I run an Aff OS for some fights this tier) but this will go up as I get better pieces, and I try to make sure that every piece of gear that I get has passive crit on it. Even though I'm going to end up forging out of the crit for other stats, all of the passive crit that I am gaining is still and increase on Chaos Bolt damage, potential ember generation, and more chances at procs of Cha-Ye's (as an example I went from around 2000 crit rating to 5382 crit rating). But again not 100% sure if this is the perfect way to go, all I know is that it has been working for me and I'v been doing rather well both on single target and multi-target fights all tier.

    When it comes to your logs I see what I've seen in other Destro warlock logs in that Incinerate damage beats your Chaos Bolt damage on pretty much on almost every fight, which is something that I personally don't understand. Are you watching your trinket procs and making sure that you are dropping embers on Chaos Bolts whenever an int proc is up (or skull banner, tricks, ect.)?

    Here's logs of my dps on every boss before Iron Quon for this week (as we were working on H Tortos so we'll do the rest on Monday):
    Heroic Jin'rokh - Council: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0vuu0wcyx1m8a9ne/
    Megaera - Dark Animus: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rr2pxhuwg4r8u3ol/

    (I wouldn't look at Megaera though as I was cheesing it this week as people thought I was padding last week so I decided to show them the difference. Here's a link without all of the cheese: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...=10075&e=10518 )

    And Iron Quon - Twin Consorts from last week:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pys01u1j64cq0yxn/

    In all of these logs for me Incinerate was no where near Chaos Bolt (except on Horridon when I was on bats). Again I'm not sure why I see Incinerates doing more damage then Chaos Bolts for you but it's something that I've noticed for a lot of Destro warlocks. It could be because your mastery is so low that you don't get as many high damaging Chaos Bolts as I do, but again not 100% sure.

    Also with your geming, since you're geming for crit I think it would be better for you to use crit/hit gems in your blue sockets over int/hit gems. I also don't think you're going to get much benefit from the Glyph of Dark Soul as you should really be using DS on CD.

    Edit: I didn't look for this the first time I looked at your logs but it came to me after I had already finished the post. You should keep RoF up as much as possible. The amount of embers it generates is pretty huge and might make up for some of the disparities in your Chaos Bolt damage and my own. Take Iron Quon for instance (as it's a pretty good single target fight where you'll be damaging the boss nearly the entire time) you had a total of 63 RoF ticks while I had a total of 552.
    Last edited by McDareth; 2013-03-29 at 01:51 PM.

  10. #670
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    (I wouldn't look at Megaera though as I was cheesing it this week as people thought I was padding last week so I decided to show them the difference. Here's a link without all of the cheese:
    You can (beta-)test this app to remove cheesing on Megaera : http://toprealm.fr/Megaera.html
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  11. #671
    Field Marshal McDareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Twisting Nether, Sargeras-US
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You can (beta-)test this app to remove cheesing on Megaera : http://toprealm.fr/Megaera.html
    Thanks again, Zum, I'll have to remember that site for next time something like that comes up D:

    Oh, and thanks for your PTR Kanrethad kill video. Helped me out a lot when I was trying to figure out a strat to kill him <3

  12. #672
    Dreadlord Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    925
    I have a problem with weird stat weight results from simulationcraft . look at my post in this thread at page 33 .

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    I'm here yet again to ask for heroic advice. We beat Jin'rokh fairly fast, but now we're stuck on Horridon. We seem to be struggling with matters I can't directly help with, so I'm stuck trying to improve my own performance.

    I've been using GoSac for superbuffed shadowburns, and to great result. However, in the final phase, I can only havoc the Direhorn (in the purpose of keeping it away) every 25th second, between that I am gonna have to use CotE on it, and that's a significant dps loss (as it is for every class). What I am wondering, is if using GoServ, and sticking the main pet on the Direhorn Spirit in the last phase (and before that, on boss because I can keep it away with FnB until then) and Serv on Horridon on CD would be of a higher benefit? GoSup would be of no use at all, since all damage on the direhorn is negative damage (as in no effect at all, and takes away the uptime of boss DPS). I am inclined to think GoSac still is the better choice, but then I'm stuck with the lovesick Dinosaur chasing me...

    Any tips greatly appreciated. :-)
    I would say there are two ways handle the direhorn well. Use GoSac for P1 and push the dire horn back with FnB. I When P2 starts summon you fel imp and put it on direhorn. Micro manage the imp for more dips. Like put him on war god and put him on boss full time under 10-20%.

    The other way is to GoSup imp and soullink, or he seems to die all the time. Put the imp on boss in P1 and direhorn in p2.

    Manaroths fury is also insane for this fight. If you weren't using it already.
    Last edited by dahri; 2013-03-29 at 02:48 PM.

  14. #674
    So in short, when focusing on maximizing damage as destruction, things I should be doing are

    1) Stacking embers for cooldowns, unless they are close to capping
    2) Keeping Havoc on cd when applicable
    3) Keep ROF up
    4) Sniping soulburns as much as possible
    5) Don't let conflag cap

    Anything else? I look at my logs and see I am not getting enough soulburns off, but still not pulling the numbers I should be with my gear

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Either armory is bugged or you are missing engi gloves enchant. 2 haste proc trinkets might be annoying as you dont have windows for dumping ur embers. Except back enchant procs and on use synapse strings from engi.
    I suggest you use your coins in ToT on bosses with trinkets (council, maegera, dark animus).
    The glove enchant is on my gloves and I have it tied to Incinerate so I don't have to keep a close eye on it unless my Embroidery is proc'd then I try to get off any CB I can. I've been using my coins on trinket/tier bosses.

    I just don't know why my dps is still low even though my gear is getting better, I see my dps going up, it's going down.

  16. #676
    Didnt know it would come to that but my latest sims tell me that 2haste>intelect. I did the sim with 50k iterations just to be sure.
    The exact values were 2.51 for haste and 4.95 int. Sounds odd as i havent seen destro locks gemming pure haste.
    Im currently not reforged into anything and just sitting at hitcap, 7,5k haste and both crit mastery and crit at 4k.
    Is there any point in gemming pure stats as destruction at higher ilvls?

    Ps. My question is purely theoretical for single target. i know that in any cleave scenario where dmg shifts from incinerates to chaosbolts/shadowburns mastery is the stat to go for.
    Last edited by yalin; 2013-03-29 at 07:46 PM.

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by McDareth View Post
    Well I don't really think anyone is 100% sure on what is the "correct" way to gear yourself as Destro which is why you'll see everyone doing it differently. As to what I do is I gem and try to "stack" mastery as the way I see it and crit both point-for-point buff Chaos Bolt damage but mastery also buffs Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Fel Flame (though FF is not that important) by a decent amount and Shadowburn by the same amount as Chaos Bolt. Haste is actually pretty good as well as it buffs not only our pets and our own casting times (not really any point to hitting haste thresholds as destro) but it also increases proc chances on our RPPM trinkets which make Chaos Bolts do more damage as the fight goes on. And of course crit increases Chaos Bolt damage point-for-point and increases the chance for more ember generation.

    So as a rule of thumb, I gem and enchant for mastery, get haste to about 6636 (as I run an Aff OS for some fights this tier) but this will go up as I get better pieces, and I try to make sure that every piece of gear that I get has passive crit on it. Even though I'm going to end up forging out of the crit for other stats, all of the passive crit that I am gaining is still and increase on Chaos Bolt damage, potential ember generation, and more chances at procs of Cha-Ye's (as an example I went from around 2000 crit rating to 5382 crit rating). But again not 100% sure if this is the perfect way to go, all I know is that it has been working for me and I'v been doing rather well both on single target and multi-target fights all tier.

    When it comes to your logs I see what I've seen in other Destro warlock logs in that Incinerate damage beats your Chaos Bolt damage on pretty much on almost every fight, which is something that I personally don't understand. Are you watching your trinket procs and making sure that you are dropping embers on Chaos Bolts whenever an int proc is up (or skull banner, tricks, ect.)?

    Here's logs of my dps on every boss before Iron Quon for this week (as we were working on H Tortos so we'll do the rest on Monday):
    Heroic Jin'rokh - Council: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0vuu0wcyx1m8a9ne/
    Megaera - Dark Animus: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rr2pxhuwg4r8u3ol/

    (I wouldn't look at Megaera though as I was cheesing it this week as people thought I was padding last week so I decided to show them the difference. Here's a link without all of the cheese: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...=10075&e=10518 )

    And Iron Quon - Twin Consorts from last week:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pys01u1j64cq0yxn/

    In all of these logs for me Incinerate was no where near Chaos Bolt (except on Horridon when I was on bats). Again I'm not sure why I see Incinerates doing more damage then Chaos Bolts for you but it's something that I've noticed for a lot of Destro warlocks. It could be because your mastery is so low that you don't get as many high damaging Chaos Bolts as I do, but again not 100% sure.

    Also with your geming, since you're geming for crit I think it would be better for you to use crit/hit gems in your blue sockets over int/hit gems. I also don't think you're going to get much benefit from the Glyph of Dark Soul as you should really be using DS on CD.

    Edit: I didn't look for this the first time I looked at your logs but it came to me after I had already finished the post. You should keep RoF up as much as possible. The amount of embers it generates is pretty huge and might make up for some of the disparities in your Chaos Bolt damage and my own. Take Iron Quon for instance (as it's a pretty good single target fight where you'll be damaging the boss nearly the entire time) you had a total of 63 RoF ticks while I had a total of 552.
    Appreciate the analysis and some very useful information I'm going to take into my next raid. I know I don't keep RoF up enough and that's just something I need to work on. Thanks to you and Alarinth for the help.

  18. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Didnt know it would come to that but my latest sims tell me that 2haste>intelect. I did the sim with 50k iterations just to be sure.
    The exact values were 2.51 for haste and 4.95 int. Sounds odd as i havent seen destro locks gemming pure haste.
    Im currently not reforged into anything and just sitting at hitcap, 7,5k haste and both crit mastery and crit at 4k.
    Is there any point in gemming pure stats as destruction at higher ilvls?

    Ps. My question is purely theoretical for single target. i know that in any cleave scenario where dmg shifts from incinerates to chaosbolts/shadowburns mastery is the stat to go for.

    This ^^^^

    I spend way too much time simming myself and a few other people with top ranks etc.
    I simmed Fearsom from vigil and he simmed out to 161600.
    I then regemmed my char (Vudumajik from Aerie Peak) and only got to 155815.

    Now what throws me off is, he has 12553 haste rating BUT he could go for more haste via a few reforges.

    So my question is, Is this 12553 a breakpoint for destro that I am missing or what?

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Didnt know it would come to that but my latest sims tell me that 2haste>intelect. I did the sim with 50k iterations just to be sure.
    The exact values were 2.51 for haste and 4.95 int. Sounds odd as i havent seen destro locks gemming pure haste.
    Im currently not reforged into anything and just sitting at hitcap, 7,5k haste and both crit mastery and crit at 4k.
    Is there any point in gemming pure stats as destruction at higher ilvls?

    Ps. My question is purely theoretical for single target. i know that in any cleave scenario where dmg shifts from incinerates to chaosbolts/shadowburns mastery is the stat to go for.
    Problem with destruction and sims is the stats vary widely based on number of mobs etc in the sim. You can't really reforge for single target because there are so few fight that are single target, but you can't ignore it either because you need to be able to burn targets on demand. When I sim 1-4 targets (GoSupp) I see a swing from crit to mastery but crit always seems good based on my current stats. In short, unless you are going to reforge every fight, you probably want something viable for each encounter, which is where the stacking int comes into play.

  20. #680
    I'm going to put all my stats in a hat. Whatever I draw, I'm going to stack.



    ....(drum roll)...Agility it is!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •