Deleted
    Actually I play GoSUp + Mast on several fights like Tortos, Durumu...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Twins (but you can still Havoc CB/SB during all of P1 and execute)
    Hmm, thought the inactive twin during the P1 was immune to everything whenever she appeared

Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Hmm, thought the inactive twin during the P1 was immune to everything whenever she appeared
    Most of the times she appears she is immune. I forget the name of the ability but there is a part where she comes out for like 5 seconds and sit there and spins. I usually Havoc, cast a single CB and then throw an immolate on her during that time.

Thing is, I'm spamming CBs, SBs and FnBs on almost all the fights of this Tier except :
    Jin'rokh (but Mast can still be very good with pools)
    Durumu N (and still did 187k yesterday with GoSup Mast so...)
    Iron Qon (probably will reforge for this one on HM)
    Twins (but you can still Havoc CB/SB during all of P1 and execute)

So in the end Mastery is a huge stat overall on this Tier.
    am i right to assume that youre trying to get haste and mastery on every piece if you can? or are you just trying to get to the haste that youre at now? if its haste and mastery on every piece i imagine it makes it alot easier to switch from destro gosac to affliction when one wants

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Just did the fight, did a measly 214k DPS. Looking through top logs, a very high portion of their damage seemingly comes from RoF. How does that work? I couldn't get mine above 5-6% of total damage done, and I was swimming in embers. Almost all my damage was from CBs.

How do they get so much damage from Rain of Fire?
    If my guild's logs would've been working last week I would've had rank one on Primordius normal. What you should do is spec Mannoroth's Fury and GoSac, keep RoF up on as many adds as possible for as long as you can. Tell the other dps to not touch the adds. Keep FnB Immolate up on the adds (should be easy with MF). Spam Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn as filler (lol) on the boss.

The key to insane dps is the FnB Immolate, my dps shot up by at least 50k when I started keeping that up consistently. Also, the fight is unplayable without MF RoF.

This week the logs were working but people kept killing the adds so RoF and FnB Immolate didn't do anything and I ended up below 200k dps iirc So really, tell your fellow raiders to stop AoE-ing the adds ^^

But what were you talking about about only needing to get the buff once? How does that work?

We also had a few tries on Iron Qon hc this week, but my goodness what a shitty fight that is

I get good rankings on just about every fight (or well, I would if the logs weren't broken half of the time), but the fight where I never even rank is Tortos. What the hell should I do on that fight?
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-04-01 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    If my guild's logs would've been working last week I would've had rank one on Primordius normal. What you should do is spec Mannoroth's Fury and GoSac, keep RoF up on as many adds as possible for as long as you can. Tell the other dps to not touch the adds. Keep FnB Immolate up on the adds (should be easy with MF). Spam Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn as filler (lol) on the boss.

The key to insane dps is the FnB Immolate, my dps shot up by at least 50k when I started keeping that up consistently. Also, the fight is unplayable without MF RoF.

This week the logs were working but people kept killing the adds so RoF and FnB Immolate didn't do anything and I ended up below 200k dps iirc So really, tell your fellow raiders to stop AoE-ing the adds ^^

But what were you talking about about only needing to get the buff once? How does that work?

We also had a few tries on Iron Qon hc this week, but my goodness what a shitty fight that is
    you get the stacks to turn the first time, and when it gets closer to the stacks dropping, you dispel urself(gosac imp), you will dispel 1 stack and u only need to pick up 1 stack to refresh the buff, instead of needing to get all the stacks all over again

Deleted

The key to insane dps is the FnB Immolate, my dps shot up by at least 50k when I started doing keeping that up consistently.

This week the logs were working but people kept killing the adds so RoF and FnB Immolate didn't do anything

Smells like you just did a lot of meter padding :O
    Not to mention the adds you risk to kill near the boss.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-04-01 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    I get good rankings on just about every fight (or well, I would if the logs weren't broken half of the time), but the fight where I never even rank is Tortos. What the hell should I do on that fight?
    I find my tortos numbers very much dependant on our dps setup and now fast we kill the bats. Having fnb immolate + rof on them does wonders to your dps. I was actually surprised how easy i got ranked on that fight with my lame ~510ilvl.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    5.3 ptr notes show them removing ele shamans ability to cast lightning bolt while moving. anyone else now scared for KJC?

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    5.3 ptr notes show them removing ele shamans ability to cast lightning bolt while moving. anyone else now scared for KJC?
    They'd have to replace it with another talent, or make it completely useless.

I'm guessing it's just a partially completed datamine and that they might be making the glyph baseline. (I don't really know of any ele shaman that doesn't take the glyph, and Blizzard tends to make glyphs that feel mandatory baseline, just like they did with 4 Shards/Embers.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    They'd have to replace it with another talent, or make it completely useless.

I'm guessing it's just a partially completed datamine and that they might be making the glyph baseline. (I don't really know of any ele shaman that doesn't take the glyph, and Blizzard tends to make glyphs that feel mandatory baseline, just like they did with 4 Shards/Embers.
    yeah the making it baseline thing just occurred to me as well. god i hope so, but i know GC is very much against all the mobility casters have.

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    I don't think I have ever cried over a video game but if they take away my KJC I just may. It just makes everything so smooth and pleasant as ranged dps. While I understand that is one of the skills of a good ranged dps player (and GC agrees) I do not want them taking it away. Now, if they do take away KJC what are they going to replace it with? AV is basically useless and MF is situational. Only thing I could see them doing in the middle of an expansion is make it like spiritwalker grace (least I think thats the name) and give us a CD where we can cast and run without penalty for x number of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I don't think I have ever cried over a video game but if they take away my KJC I just may. It just makes everything so smooth and pleasant as ranged dps. While I understand that is one of the skills of a good ranged dps player (and GC agrees) I do not want them taking it away. Now, if they do take away KJC what are they going to replace it with? AV is basically useless and MF is situational. Only thing I could see them doing in the middle of an expansion is make it like spiritwalker grace (least I think thats the name) and give us a CD where we can cast and run without penalty for x number of seconds.
    They should take Dark Apotheosis (buff it a tad) and give it to us in KjC's place for all specs. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    They should take Dark Apotheosis (buff it a tad) and give it to us in KjC's place for all specs. :P
    that would be nice. i agree with hatelocker though, i love KJC. and i actually find it harder to do my full dps rotation while moving than simply stopping my cast, sprinting to where i need to be and then continuing my rotation. god knows im struggling enough with epicus maximus

10+ Year Old Account
    GC added this about Ele's change:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Old Unleashed Lightning glyph benefit is baked in for Elemental. Cast time penalty just goes away. (Anything can change before 5.3 launch.)
    source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...94055281020929

So I don't think we have to fear for KJC just yet.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the risk of going too far off topic, I think KJC is probably fine for the immediate future but I wouldn't expect to see it survive into the next expac.

I'm fine with them reining in ranged mobility a bit to give melee that niche in raids again, provided a couple of things:

1) Since we're probably going to see movement-heavy tiers from now until the end of eternity as encounter designs evolve, that raids continue to be ranged-friendly even if we're less mobile.

2) Melee interrupts and gap closers are evaluated at the same time to keep that from getting out of hand.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-04-02 at 04:00 AM.

Help with reforging and pet choice ...

I currently play destruction and have gone all out mastery and use the Observer pet as I believed this to be the best reforge and pet choice, my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vikur/advanced however I recently saw a fairly well geared Warlock who has gone all out haste and uses the Observer, his armory is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uuden/advanced I just wondered if there is a reason for this and if I'm missing something?
    Any tips or advice would be much appreciated regarding my character
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Smells like you just did a lot of meter padding :O
    Not to mention the adds you risk to kill near the boss.
    How else do you think those locks got those rankings ;-)

Once the first few initial kills in the first week or two have been logged, the only way you'll ever get ranked is by meter padding and pulling tricks that don't actually help the fight but just increase your dps. Unless it's a pure single target fight of course.

you get the stacks to turn the first time, and when it gets closer to the stacks dropping, you dispel urself(gosac imp), you will dispel 1 stack and u only need to pick up 1 stack to refresh the buff, instead of needing to get all the stacks all over again.
    Ah, thanks a lot!
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-04-02 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvaz View Post
    Unless your gosupp which blizzard just won't allow our pets to benefit from for some reason (minus demonology). I hate having to balance haste, crit, mastery for a good all around build but I have tried GoSac and am just too disappointed in my single target dps.
    Even as GoSup mastery is still a really good stat. As Zum said that we're using Chaos Bolt (it's my highest damage source on every boss), Shadowburn, and FnB so much this tier that I honestly think that mastery is just the better go-to stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Most of the times she appears she is immune. I forget the name of the ability but there is a part where she comes out for like 5 seconds and sit there and spins. I usually Havoc, cast a single CB and then throw an immolate on her during that time.
    The ability is called Tears of the Sun. Also I don't know if it's worth casting an immolate on her as she's not out for that long and I believe that she purges dots off of her when she leaves. I normally just havoc a Chaos Bolt and then make sure RoF is up for the ember generation while it's on two targets.

Deleted
    The ability is called Tears of the Sun. Also I don't know if it's worth casting an immolate on her as she's not out for that long and I believe that she purges dots off of her when she leaves. I normally just havoc a Chaos Bolt and then make sure RoF is up for the ember generation while it's on two targets.
    My last pull :
    [23:00:37.140] Zûmzum casts Immolate on Suen
    [23:00:37.503] Zûmzum Immolate Suen *45690*
    [23:00:37.503] Suen afflicted by Immolate from Zûmzum
    [23:00:38.836] Zûmzum begins to cast Immolate
    [23:00:40.093] Zûmzum Immolate Suen 23289
    [23:00:40.093] Zûmzum casts Immolate on Lu'lin
    [23:00:40.373] Zûmzum Immolate Lu'lin *60706*
    [23:00:40.373] Lu'lin afflicted by Immolate from Zûmzum
    [23:00:42.468] Zûmzum Immolate Suen 23289
    [23:00:42.902] Zûmzum Immolate Lu'lin *72847*
    [23:00:44.983] Zûmzum Immolate Suen 23289
    [23:00:45.374] Zûmzum Immolate Lu'lin 29469
    [23:00:47.486] Zûmzum Immolate Suen *57570*
    Same for the next applications of Immolate, she takes full damage fom the DoTs while invisible.