Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    1.1 Million crit without damage increase ? o_O O_o O_O
    easily. im running fairly mastery heavy and i get 850k easy enough with wushoolay+DS+relic. and he has 13 ilvls on me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k%C3%AD/simple

Try getting this much mastery, I dont raid with skull banner and i still see chaos bolt crit 1.1 million before the dot (Pot + double trinket + jade) on boss's without a damage increase, the TL;DR of mastery is this, if you can react and build around trinket procs you will do monstrous dps if you cant stick with haste and crit as then your damage isint so effected by your own reactions.
    I'm interested as to how those trinkets are working out for you with so little haste, since mastery heavy depends on trinket procs for bolt dumping - are you still getting enough procs avoid to regularly have to throw out none-buffed CBs?

My guild has yet to see any caster trinkets drop, so I'm still stuck with old ICD ones - but I like the idea of playing mastery heavy and working around trinkets, similar to affliction's proc reliance.

Deleted
    I dont find i have problems with them, ill give you my uptime from horridon heroic kill.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/5fuul...?s=8769&e=9428

If you dont know what to look for-

Hydra was 30.3%
    Cha-ye was 24.5%

Dont think i can complain much.

Funny thing to note if you look at our shadow priest who is almost at the same haste rating as i have mastery he only has 18% uptime on the hydra trinket so take that into consideration.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-04-06 at 05:22 PM.

God... Think mastery is my way to go ! I should take Sacrifice too ? That's a bit sad since I'm an orc x)

Homophobia is so gay.

Back to the 4pc discussion, could it be possible then that 2pc plus Thunderforged items would be better, based on itemization? Not asking or implying a BiS list here, just a general performance kind of thing. Especially if you could get, say, 2 Heroic Thunderforged plus 2pc Normal vs 4pc Normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Back to the 4pc discussion, could it be possible then that 2pc plus Thunderforged items would be better, based on itemization? Not asking or implying a BiS list here, just a general performance kind of thing. Especially if you could get, say, 2 Heroic Thunderforged plus 2pc Normal vs 4pc Normal.
    This is backed up by absoloutely no maths at all, but if your talking only single target then potentially yes with a full mastery build, would it be worth going for, imho no.

For a full haste build i severely doubt it because they do a lot more incins.

I suppose RoF is considered helpful in 10 man Megaera? It doesn't seem like a huge benefit to me but maybe that's just my perception.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I suppose RoF is considered helpful in 10 man Megaera? It doesn't seem like a huge benefit to me but maybe that's just my perception.

Yes it is helpful. Having it hit a second target is a noticeable ember gain over not having it, at least for me.

Can anyone help? Ive tried out several builds for destro and my dps is always meh. I just swapped out my 2set t14 for a higher ilevel and simcraft gave it a minor dps loss. I'm still confused at the whole reforging. Is mastery best? crit? haste? Ive been stacking mastery atm. Scale Factors Chart puts: crit :1.51, Mastery 1.27, Haste 1.20 but yet I 've hit the second haste plateau for affliction which I often have to switch to dep on boss. There is another lock who runs destro who uses mainly intell/hit gems with mastery gems. He kicks my ass with a 506 i level. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k%C3%AD/simple

Try getting this much mastery, I dont raid with skull banner and i still see chaos bolt crit 1.1 million before the dot (Pot + double trinket + jade) on boss's without a damage increase, the TL;DR of mastery is this, if you can react and build around trinket procs you will do monstrous dps if you cant stick with haste and crit as then your damage isint so effected by your own reactions.
    Hey AjayxD, nice chatting with you over Twitch the other day

I've since been using the Mastery-GoSac build and it's been ok so far. Aside from the damage potential, I like the heals provided by GoSac as well. I'm always #1 on healing to myself, which is something that is quite significant in progression where healers could use every bit of stress relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I have #1 rank for all specs on Magaera in 10H using MF just so I can use RoF on both heads 100% of the time. (And using all havocs on just immo/fel flame for ember generation, except for the one havoc where I was stupid and used it without thinking and copied 3 shadowburns instead >.>)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I have #1 rank for all specs on Magaera in 10H using MF just so I can use RoF on both heads 100% of the time. (And using all havocs on just immo/fel flame for ember generation, except for the one havoc where I was stupid and used it without thinking and copied 3 shadowburns instead >.>)
    While i absolutely approve this strategy and love swiming in embers, i would love to somehow filter empty dmg that havoc'd head takes from my immolates, felflames and rain of fire. And she takes a lot, i must say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    While i absolutely approve this strategy and love swiming in embers, i would love to somehow filter empty dmg that havoc'd head takes from my immolates, felflames and rain of fire. And she takes a lot, i must say.
    You mean like http://www.toprealm.fr/Megaera.html from Zumzumzum here at MMO-C?

Edit: or it has been working, atm, it just gave me a string of errors when I tossed Brusalk's log at it. Check back later?

Edit2: it's fixed. Bad WoLogs, bad!
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-07 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    about Havoc'ing Immo + FF. how exactly do you fit the 2nd ff in? I mean, immo has a base duration of 15 (so a theoretical increase of 7.5 sec is possible), FF adds 6 sec and has a 1,5 sec gcd. if you do 2 FF's don't you lose 1,5 sec or something? (even though immo ticks per 3 sec without haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    about Havoc'ing Immo + FF. how exactly do you fit the 2nd ff in? I mean, immo has a base duration of 15 (so a theoretical increase of 7.5 sec is possible), FF adds 6 sec and has a 1,5 sec gcd. if you do 2 FF's don't you lose 1,5 sec or something? (even though immo ticks per 3 sec without haste)
    I'm not sure I really want to say my strategy for the fight outright, but lets just say it has something to do with using Chaos Bolts in somewhat unusual times, and the fact Havoc lasts some 15 seconds.

Aw, who am I kidding:

Basically I'll Havoc->Immo->Stuff that doesn't consume havoc stacks->FF->More stuff that doesn't consume havoc stacks->FF

Doing this is only really viable on Megaera though, because between 100% uptime on 2 separate targets with RoF + Immo/FF generation AND the adds which can be FnB'd, there's a lot of time.

Another trick is to Havoc your primary target (whatever head you're on), so if you don't want to consume havoc stacks you just do your rotation on the main head, and when you want to do a havoc'd ability you use it on the other head.

This is kind of off-topic, but the main reason why I don't really respond to questions about "tell me how to play" is because of the following:
    1. 99% of what you need to know is in the OP of this guide
    2. It's tedious to do and I don't have a whole lot of free time outside of raiding right now, since I recently started work full-time and I'm still getting into the swing of things
    3. By understanding the mechanics of Destruction, you can think about stuff like above and not rely on other people to tell you how to play. I didn't have anyone tell me how to do the above. I thought about it on my own and came up with it
    4. I don't think particularly highly about people who ask questions that are either mundane/painfully obvious, or people who ask questions about information that is extremely readily available

That's not to say I won't help! That said I'm also not your high-school teacher who's job is to answer mundane questions over and over again. I'm some guy who likes to play to the best of his ability as a warlock, and also shares his thoughts/information to the general public through this forum.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post

Edit: or it has been working, atm, it just gave me a string of errors when I tossed Brusalk's log at it. Check back later?
    I used it yesterday. He must've been working on something and broke it in the process :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post

yep, broken for me as well. thx for the link anyway, i must have missed it.

Deleted
    This is kind of off-topic, but the main reason why I don't really respond to questions about "tell me how to play" is because of the following:
    2. It's tedious to do and I don't have a whole lot of free time outside of raiding right now, since I recently started work full-time and I'm still getting into the swing of things
    3. By understanding the mechanics of Destruction, you can think about stuff like above and not rely on other people to tell you how to play. I didn't have anyone tell me how to do the above. I thought about it on my own and came up with it
    4. I don't think particularly highly about people who ask questions that are either mundane/painfully obvious, or people who ask questions about information that is extremely readily available

That's not to say I won't help! That said I'm also not your high-school teacher who's job is to answer mundane questions over and over again. I'm some guy who likes to play to the best of his ability as a warlock, and also shares his thoughts/information to the general public through this forum.[COLOR="red"]
    hehe well i do appreciate the answer! I've been away from the game since 4.3 so i've been dropped in destro from the Dragon soul demo rotation so i'm still somewhat rusty . Hope i didn't annoy you too much!
    altough i did have my suspicions (typo?) about fitting a CB in but i have no practical experience yet with that rotation so i left it out my post (with backdrafts 'n stuff!)
    but putting havoc on the main target, haven't thought of that, thinking outside the box
    anyhow, your guide really set me on the right course since i started playing again 3 weeks ago so cuddos!

Deleted
    I'm not sure I really want to say my strategy for the fight outright, but lets just say it has something to do with using Chaos Bolts in somewhat unusual times, and the fact Havoc lasts some 15 seconds.

Aw, who am I kidding:

Basically I'll Havoc->Immo->Stuff that doesn't consume havoc stacks->FF->More stuff that doesn't consume havoc stacks->FF

Doing this is only really viable on Megaera though, because between 100% uptime on 2 separate targets with RoF + Immo/FF generation AND the adds which can be FnB'd, there's a lot of time.

Another trick is to Havoc your primary target (whatever head you're on), so if you don't want to consume havoc stacks you just do your rotation on the main head, and when you want to do a havoc'd ability you use it on the other head.

That's not to say I won't help! That said I'm also not your high-school teacher who's job is to answer mundane questions over and over again. I'm some guy who likes to play to the best of his ability as a warlock, and also shares his thoughts/information to the general public through this forum.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:07 AM ----------

I used it yesterday. He must've been working on something and broke it in the process :P
    That's why I like your guide, and your play style Brusalk If it wasnt for you I wouldev stick with afli/demo forever

Regarding trinkets, is there a minimum amount of intellect needed for it to be worth to cast a chaos bolt?
    I understand I should cast a cb when jade spirit and LotC procs at the same time but what if only one is up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Regarding trinkets, is there a minimum amount of intellect needed for it to be worth to cast a chaos bolt?
    I understand I should cast a cb when jade spirit and LotC procs at the same time but what if only one is up?
    Plenty of addons to track internal cooldowns of your intelect procs gg o/