Destro simcraft

This bugs the hell out of me. Tells me to go full haste? But all the top warlocks go for mastery?

Really annoys me, I use simcraft on my alts and I get accurate results from there but on my main its all confusing.

I followed simcrafts advice for 1 raid, noticed my dps dropped. Went back to mastery reforges/gems next reset and topped meters.

Simcraft not good for destr or?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    This bugs the hell out of me. Tells me to go full haste? But all the top warlocks go for mastery?

Really annoys me, I use simcraft on my alts and I get accurate results from there but on my main its all confusing.

I followed simcrafts advice for 1 raid, noticed my dps dropped. Went back to mastery reforges/gems next reset and topped meters.

Simcraft not good for destr or?
    For lack of knowledge of your character, are you using Grim of Sacrifice or Grim of Supremecy? Masterydestro only works with Sacrifice since the spells that get buffed by Sac also get affected by Mastery. Whereas Sup goes Haste to improve Pets most.

I switch grimoires depending on fights. I go with sac on council/tortos and other cleave and aoe fights. SUpremacy on the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    For lack of knowledge of your character, are you using Grim of Sacrifice or Grim of Supremecy? Masterydestro only works with Sacrifice since the spells that get buffed by Sac also get affected by Mastery. Whereas Sup goes Haste to improve Pets most.
    Mastery works for gosup pretty well. Magaera would be a good example. Any single target fight with some extra ember regen increases the value of mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    Mastery works for gosup pretty well. Tortos would be a good example. Any single target fight with some extra ember regen increases the value of mastery.
    Mastery doesnt buff pets. So its actually pretty bad for gosup on most fights where you dont swim in embers
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Mastery doesnt buff pets. So its actually pretty bad for gosup on most fights where you dont swim in embers
    And yet many top warlocks run with tons of mastery in this tier, while using gosup. I think this topic has been discussed many times in this thread there are not that many fights where we dont swim in embers.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I could be grabbing the Lei Shen trinket tonight if it drops and I am kinda curious if it works well with destruction. I am switching constantly between Affliction and Destruction. While it is kinda straight forward how you use the trinket when playing Affliction, there could be several uses as Destruction. How is Chaos Bolt interacting with the trinket? Do you want to use the 4 sec window to put up immolate und RoF for more embers? Conflag and hammer the incinerate button? Would be appreciated if someone with more insight can give me some intel on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sprdl View Post
    Hey guys, I could be grabbing the Lei Shen trinket tonight if it drops and I am kinda curious if it works well with destruction. I am switching constantly between Affliction and Destruction. While it is kinda straight forward how you use the trinket when playing Affliction, there could be several uses as Destruction. How is Chaos Bolt interacting with the trinket? Do you want to use the 4 sec window to put up immolate und RoF for more embers? Conflag and hammer the incinerate button? Would be appreciated if someone with more insight can give me some intel on it
    This has been answered many times, and if you go back one page you'll find that answer.

Just cast Immolate and be done with it. This trinket is not ideal for Destro. It is mandatory for Demo, and Affliction can use it pretty well, but for Destro is outranked by other choices. Cha Ye's and Breath I think are the top two.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Deleted
    Cha Ye's and Breath I think are the top two.
    I can't see how could Cha-Ye be better than Wushoolay for Destro, what happens if you don't have any embers when it procs ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I can't see how could Cha-Ye be better than Wushoolay for Destro, what happens if you don't have any embers when it procs ?
    Well, I'd be open to trying both out, I'm basing my thinking on past posts and people's experience. Since Cha-Ye's procs on a critical strike, and Whushoolay's is a proc on harmful spell PLUS provides a 20 second window - I could see how it could be better. It gives you time to get some embers up, and all those ember generating spells would also benefit from the stacks. At first glance I put them on par with each other mostly, but given that situation, Whushoolay's wins.

Deleted
    So it seems FnB will be doing 40 something percent dmg instead of 60 something ?
    Damn those mage tears are powerful !

Fire and Brimstone Your next Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate or Curse will hit all targets within 10 yards of the target and deal 134,770.64% 43.40% of their normal damage. Warlock - Destruction Spec. 1 Burning Ember. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

Sorry I know it's PTR etc, and subject to change, so i don't wanna start the doom calling

Deleted
    You sit at 3~3.5 embers and wait for it to proc? it procs often enough on single target so you can dump 3 embers on it quite frequently

Can't say if it's better or not, since I only have Cha-Ye, but it's certanly not a bad trinket for destro

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    So it seems FnB will be doing 40 something percent dmg instead of 60 something ?
    Damn those mage tears are powerful !

Fire and Brimstone Your next Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate or Curse will hit all targets within 10 yards of the target and deal 134,770.64% 43.40% of their normal damage. Warlock - Destruction Spec. 1 Burning Ember. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.

Sorry I know it's PTR etc, and subject to change, so i don't wanna start the doom calling
    That's the same base-% as before. Looks like it's just a data-mining error.

(Those 60%'s you're seeing are because mastery increases that percentage)

10+ Year Old Account
    My feeling on it is that Cha-Ye's and Breath can refresh themselves while they are still up while Wushoolay's can not. I do agree with you that the build up for Wushoolay's is nice for setting up embers before it hits higher stacks, but if you're already sitting on embers I feel like having it just refresh (especially during sub 20% where you're just going to use Shadowburn right away as you're building embers) has an advantage.

Also I was going to ask how people felt about Unerring as I was debating trying to pick up Breath this week or start using my Wushoolay's again. However I noticed yesterday that Unerring was procing a lot more than it had in the past and I hadn't changed the amount of haste that I was running. So again this is just me tin-foil hatting but I think they increased the RPPM on the trinket to make it more worthwhile since I believe a good amount of specs are avoiding it atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McDareth View Post
    My feeling on it is that Cha-Ye's and Breath can refresh themselves while they are still up while Wushoolay's can not. I do agree with you that the build up for Wushoolay's is nice for setting up embers before it hits higher stacks, but if you're already sitting on embers I feel like having it just refresh (especially during sub 20% where you're just going to use Shadowburn right away as you're building embers) has an advantage.

Also I was going to ask how people felt about Unerring as I was debating trying to pick up Breath this week or start using my Wushoolay's again. However I noticed yesterday that Unerring was procing a lot more than it had in the past and I hadn't changed the amount of haste that I was running. So again this is just me tin-foil hatting but I think they increased the RPPM on the trinket to make it more worthwhile since I believe a good amount of specs are avoiding it atm.
    Even if it procs more often, I still believe Cha-Ye's, Wushoolay's, and Breath beat it out. I can still fit more CBs and SBs into a proc of any of those three than the Unerring's. With Immolate doing as much damage as a CB during an Unerring proc; you'd have to get like three procs back to back consistently to best one of the others I'm thinking. RPPM goes off of haste so, perhaps in a haste heavy build :/ dunno for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over all I'm still up in the air about the effectiveness of Unerring for Destro as I've seen times where it has really made a difference in the damage that I can get out of it and I've seen times where I'm just waiting for a proc of a trinket to dump embers and having Unerring makes it so I only have one trinket to rely on for consistent procs. :/

I also could see it being more useful on fights like H Drumu, Lei Shen, and Horrdon where there a multiple targets which would increase the chance of it proccing.
    Last edited by McDareth; 2013-04-09 at 07:46 PM.

Its only worth it on H Durumu because of the strange insanely high procc rate while damaging the eyes with rain of fire. Usually the procc rate wont increase when fighting many targets.

The Demo lock in our guild said he had a ridicioulus uptime in the 4. trys we took to kill primordius heroic. I as destro had the regular 5%. Wondering if there is some buggy behavior on primordius too, but this time favoring demo instead of destro. (but i will never be demo on primordius anyway )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    That's the same base-% as before. Looks like it's just a data-mining error.

(Those 60%'s you're seeing are because mastery increases that percentage)
    Indeed. Apologies for my minsinformed and douchy comment.

As I understand it, Haste is the best stat (marginally?) for boosting pet DPS. Mastery is the best for improving CB/SB and other Ember-consuming spells (does mastery buff the FnB modifier?). So if you can generate a lot of embers, a la Tortos bats, Lei Shen adds, Horridon adds, Mastery would be a good choice. If you're spending a lot of time cycling between building embers and burn phases, Haste would probably be better. Unless you're using Sac, then it's just Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    As I understand it, Haste is the best stat (marginally?) for boosting pet DPS. Mastery is the best for improving CB/SB and other Ember-consuming spells (does mastery buff the FnB modifier?). So if you can generate a lot of embers, a la Tortos bats, Lei Shen adds, Horridon adds, Mastery would be a good choice. If you're spending a lot of time cycling between building embers and burn phases, Haste would probably be better. Unless you're using Sac, then it's just Mastery.
    Yeppers.

Only caveat is that haste and crit are equally good for boosting pet dps as well as ember generators.

Also mastery does buff the FnB modifier.