Deleted
    Just go with a crit heavy build! It's super fun and lovely to see my Shivarra just crit like the bitch she is over and over again.

Im currently 27277 sp, 10126 haste (10124 breakpoint), 20'89% crit on 521ilvl. Do you think im ok ? Or Should I change my reforges ?

Here is my armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...3%B8u/advanced

EDIT: 0 buffs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcceballos View Post
    Im currently 27277 sp, 10126 haste (10124 breakpoint), 20'89% crit on 521ilvl. Do you think im ok ? Or Should I change my reforges ?

Here is my armory : eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/sanguino/Majinsenp%C3%B8u/advanced

EDIT: 0 buffs
    Did this build give you more dps than a GoSac with full masteries ?

Im really really lost in the way to go... :x

Thx !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Link3r View Post
    Did this build give you more dps than a GoSac with full masteries ?

Im really really lost in the way to go... :x

Thx !
    GoSac is the worst for single target, you'd be better off using the observer or fel imp than sac. This has been stated multiple times already.
    Last edited by mmoc112615a1c9; 2013-04-10 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

Reforging Destro Help

Hey there, this is a copy and paste from my post on the eu forums, where i have had no help, but i tend to have better luck here, so fingers crossed

I've recently become addicted to my Warlock to the point it is now better geared than my main.

However i'm really struggling with reforging, and always have, i just don't *get* it.

I've got about ten tabs open right now with various information, simcraft running, and everything else i could do, and i'm totally lost.

I am using reforgelite addon in game, and recently selected Destro from the list and let it do it all automatically for me.

Then when i went out and did some random fights with mobs, i noticed i was now hitting low numbers, such as 30k - 48k and then every now and then i might get a bit 99k or 101k hit.

Before i did the reforge my numbers were always hitting higher, i think about 60k and upwards and it felt better!

So yeah, i'm worried my reforge is wrong. Everywhere says a priority to reforge for but its all foreign to me.

Does anyone have any specific numbers i could put into reforge lite and just click 'calculate' and let it do its thing?

Thanks for any help, my brain hurts.

(Armory Link)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndotrun/simple

Curious if anyone has tried a full haste build as destro (Haste>Mast>Crit). Tried it last week on consorts and I was more or less able to keep RoF up 100% of the time as opposed to going Mastery > Haste > crit which gave me lesser damage (about 6-7k)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix09 View Post
    Hey there, this is a copy and paste from my post on the eu forums, where i have had no help, but i tend to have better luck here, so fingers crossed

I've recently become addicted to my Warlock to the point it is now better geared than my main.

However i'm really struggling with reforging, and always have, i just don't *get* it.

I've got about ten tabs open right now with various information, simcraft running, and everything else i could do, and i'm totally lost.

I am using reforgelite addon in game, and recently selected Destro from the list and let it do it all automatically for me.

Then when i went out and did some random fights with mobs, i noticed i was now hitting low numbers, such as 30k - 48k and then every now and then i might get a bit 99k or 101k hit.

Before i did the reforge my numbers were always hitting higher, i think about 60k and upwards and it felt better!

So yeah, i'm worried my reforge is wrong. Everywhere says a priority to reforge for but its all foreign to me.

Does anyone have any specific numbers i could put into reforge lite and just click 'calculate' and let it do its thing?

Thanks for any help, my brain hurts.

(Armory Link)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndotrun/simple
    Unsure of what your reforge was before, but I suspect Mastery, and going for a crit build, like you have is mostly adventagous in getting more resources then getting heavy hitting spells. You'll still have crits more of course, but most of the crit value is in providing you with more resources, compared to Mastery. So you'll do less heavy hits, but do them more often.

For comparisons like this you also can't rely on a few random mobs you killed, or hitting a training dummy. You need to compare Simcrafted numbers, or real boss fights before and after.

On the whole though I suspect you'd get much more out of your gear by actually gemming all of it, and getting enchants, then you will by reforging better. Also, look at your glyphs, cause Imp Swarm is not going to help you in any way as Destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Curious if anyone has tried a full haste build as destro (Haste>Mast>Crit). Tried it last week on consorts and I was more or less able to keep RoF up 100% of the time as opposed to going Mastery > Haste > crit which gave me lesser damage (about 6-7k)
    its basically the build im using now its the best build i have come across tbh so many embers lol

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Unsure of what your reforge was before, but I suspect Mastery, and going for a crit build, like you have is mostly adventagous in getting more resources then getting heavy hitting spells. You'll still have crits more of course, but most of the crit value is in providing you with more resources, compared to Mastery. So you'll do less heavy hits, but do them more often.

For comparisons like this you also can't rely on a few random mobs you killed, or hitting a training dummy. You need to compare Simcrafted numbers, or real boss fights before and after.

On the whole though I suspect you'd get much more out of your gear by actually gemming all of it, and getting enchants, then you will by reforging better. Also, look at your glyphs, cause Imp Swarm is not going to help you in any way as Destro.
    This all sounds about right to me And i just came from Demo so doh @ glyphs! And lack of enchants and gems are down to getting a fair few new pieces today But will do that once i have reforge set.

So can anyone give me some rough numbers to throw into reforge lite so i can get a proper reforge going? So lost with it

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    This is me reforging for GoSup Destro in 5.2 :
    @ Trix09
    This is still my fav pic this instance and something I want to link everytime someone asks how to reforge for destro. Zum is an amazing lock and goes all out mastery. At this point in time you could prob grab the top 10 destro lock and find them reforged 8 diff ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    @ Trix09
    This is still my fav pic this instance and something I want to link everytime someone asks how to reforge for destro. Zum is an amazing lock and goes all out mastery. At this point in time you could prob grab the top 10 destro lock and find them reforged 8 diff ways.
    Single Target/100% uptime on 2 targets: Haste == Crit > Mastery w/ Sup/Serv

Single Target w/ AoE: Mastery > Haste == Crit w/ Sup/Serv

Extra ember generation to where you have >50% damage done from SBurn/CBolt (excluding Sac damage): Mastery >> Haste > Crit w/ Sac.

Deleted
    Anyone got some tips for me for Tortos heroic? Should I use MF? Someone else is assigned to the bats though and I really like KJC there. And what should I be havoc'ing?

Also, I'm Sup specced and just let my pet sit on the boss.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-04-10 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    My guild kites the bats at the tortos heroic encounter. Therefore I specced MF and GoSac, keep RoF in the bats' kiting path and spam Chaos Bolts and Shadowburn until my fingers hurt. Works quite good. I've got less total dps than the affliction lock, who slows the turtles and keeps SS:SoC on the bats (for the shards!), but my damage on the turtles and my dps on Tortos during execute are great.

I'm not allowed to touch the bats either. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'm not allowed to touch the bats either. Lame.
    Once the kiting tank has proper aggro on them you really should AT LEAST rain of fire them. I'm sure you could make a strong argument to your raid leaders on the advantages of the extra embers.

hey!

I'm having very much fun on Horridon playing as Destruction, and I think it's going well. However, I see there is a lot of damage left until top #20 on Horridon, and that's something I'm aiming for. Right now I'm following the full out mastery gearing model that some other warlocks use as well, and it's giving pretty okay results. I also swapped out alchemy for engineering, cause I think the synapse strings will give havoc a much higher benefit than passive int will, if I make sure to time it to every other havoc with Shadowburns.

Also, I opted to use the Doomguard on the direhorn in the last phase, not sure if that's the best option or not. I'd like feedback on what I can do to improve in this encounter.
    World of logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    hey!

I'm having very much fun on Horridon playing as Destruction, and I think it's going well. However, I see there is a lot of damage left until top #20 on Horridon, and that's something I'm aiming for. Right now I'm following the full out mastery gearing model that some other warlocks use as well, and it's giving pretty okay results. I also swapped out alchemy for engineering, cause I think the synapse strings will give havoc a much higher benefit than passive int will, if I make sure to time it to every other havoc with Shadowburns.

Also, I opted to use the Doomguard on the direhorn in the last phase, not sure if that's the best option or not. I'd like feedback on what I can do to improve in this encounter.
    World of logs.

I agree! It's extremely fun to play Destro on Horridon. Here's my log of last night's kill to give you an idea of what I did.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...41#Athuramazda

Use fel imp (GoSUP) with the demon training glyph in. The delay between the first and third bolts casted by your imp is just enough that it bounces the direhorn back TWICE. I was first using GoSAC for the dmg, but found that by worrying about the direhorn less, and using less GCD's on it, I actually did more dmg without GoSAC.

EDIT: Looks like you're 25 man, which means you have the direhorn less. Not sure if using imp would be best for you then.
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-04-10 at 11:56 PM.

What happened to this guide? Last time I checked it was in 5.1 and I haven't been back for 5.2 updates until today.

The just-dang-90 gear list is gone.

Absolutely no mention of talents/glyphs.

The slimmed down version for 5.2 is missing the only information I actually wanted from it...

Quote Originally Posted by twothousandgt View Post
    What happened to this guide? Last time I checked it was in 5.1 and I haven't been back for 5.2 updates until today.

The just-dang-90 gear list is gone.

Absolutely no mention of talents/glyphs.

The slimmed down version for 5.2 is missing the only information I actually wanted from it...
    You didn't look very hard if you didn't find any mention of talents/glyphs at all.

This is a different guide from the 5.1, and is made by a different person (me). Since it's now 5.2 and 2 patch cycles have gone by, I've excluded some things that make sense in a .0 guide, but not in a mid-expansion guide.

Hey Zum or anyone able to solve the problem, I'm trying to figure out how come when I try to use the Meg analyzer that the names on being cut off. There isn't any side scroll I can see and Zooming in and out doesn't work. Trying to figure out the useless dps for our fight to determine if I should swap back or stay Demo.