Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I'd appreciate some help with the Megaera strat: I'm doing the Havoc, Immo, FF, FF and I don't feel like I'm doing enough extra damage to the other heads. I am doing a ton of damage to the off head though.

I don't have logs but here are some damage stats:
    1. Immolate 27.1%
    2. Chaos Bolt 19.2%
    3. Incinerate 18.4%

1. Venomous Head 17.85M
    2. Flaming Head 16.25M
    3. Freezing Head 12.43M

As you can see, I'm doing a great job getting those immolates off, but not doing such a great job of translating that to more damage. I was doing the same as someone who wasn't using RoF or havoc/immo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wdizzle/simple

I guess my partial question is does favoring mastery actually help in ember cleave fights or does it just help to pad? Any other suggestions are welcome!
    That sounds odd indeed. Havocing immo plus two felflames should shift your dmg to ember consumers. Altho immoate is a big part of ur dmg with this strategy, it should never be that much above cbs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I'd appreciate some help with the Megaera strat: I'm doing the Havoc, Immo, FF, FF and I don't feel like I'm doing enough extra damage to the other heads. I am doing a ton of damage to the off head though.

I don't have logs but here are some damage stats:
    1. Immolate 27.1%
    2. Chaos Bolt 19.2%
    3. Incinerate 18.4%

1. Venomous Head 17.85M
    2. Flaming Head 16.25M
    3. Freezing Head 12.43M

As you can see, I'm doing a great job getting those immolates off, but not doing such a great job of translating that to more damage. I was doing the same as someone who wasn't using RoF or havoc/immo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wdizzle/simple

I guess my partial question is does favoring mastery actually help in ember cleave fights or does it just help to pad? Any other suggestions are welcome!
    logs would be really helpful so the more educated locks may take a look at them.
    But from my point of view this looks really wrong

you have about 35% dmg left for
    Shadowburn
    Conflagrate
    Rain of Fire
    Fel Flame
    (Stormlash)
    i hope the pet should not be included here!

i can only compare this to my playstile and make assumptions since you did not give really much to work with.

1. You picked GoSup this makes your CB and SB hit less hard and appear less much in % values
    2. how much SB % did you have? did you unload every ember or did you save up some embers to burn the flaming head down faster?(like i am forced to)
    3. RoF uptime? should be up all the time, i guess you had 40-50%, should be 70-80%
    4. did you cap on embers? i hope you did not.
    5. did you "waste" Backdraft stacks on CB´s? you should not on this boss. you should be able to fire every incinerate with a backdraft here and use CB as kind of a filler.
    6. you mentiones the other lock did mor dmg than you... try zum´s megaera thingy (link in his signature) to check the useful dmg, and if he was padding more than you.
    7. assuming the other lock did not pad like a retard and he has about the same ilvl, did you play ABC? maybe you have too much downtime between casts.
    8. You have neither T14 4pc or T15 2pc. T14 boosts your dmg overall and T15 should gives you about 4-5 CB´s/SB´s on this fight.
    9. strange Glyphs? and belt buckle is missing btw (cmon its cheap take this free 160 INT gemslot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain what is happening with the Immolate damage and Havoc? I was looking the logs from my last Magaera kill and i had like 24k dps from Immolate on the frozen head.
    The Logs if you want to check: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xveqe2614jy6nz30/analyze/dd/spell/?source=2&s=4616&e=5124&target=20

Then I went to Org and tested on the Dummies and found what looks like some weird 2nd tick on the havoc target from Immolate that comes from nowhere. And this 2nd tick damage goes crazy after a fel flame. Look:

Havoc > Immolate
    i.imgur.com/rq0sTBu.jpg

Havoc > Immolate > Felflame
    i.imgur.com/luUZtKs.jpg

Sorry about any mistake, my english isn't so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammon View Post
    Can someone explain what is happening with the Immolate damage and Havoc? I was looking the logs from my last Magaera kill and i had like 24k dps from Immolate on the frozen head.
    The Logs if you want to check: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xveqe2614jy6nz30/analyze/dd/spell/?source=2&s=4616&e=5124&target=20

Then I went to Org and tested on the Dummies and found what looks like some weird 2nd tick on the havoc target from Immolate that comes from nowhere. And this 2nd tick damage goes crazy after a fel flame. Look:

Havoc > Immolate
    i.imgur.com/rq0sTBu.jpg

Havoc > Immolate > Felflame
    i.imgur.com/luUZtKs.jpg

Sorry about any mistake, my english isn't so good.
    On a target dummy atm testing this. The Havoc Immolate without being refreshed with fel flame results in the same thing for me. ~500 damage ticks. However, Havoc Fel Flame on the Havoc target is resulting in double ticks of Immolate, and the 2nd tick is almost double normal damage. I'm also able to keep the double ticks and double damage up by refreshing the Immolate with fel flame.
    Link for reference: http://i.imgur.com/fgdTAQ3.png

Deleted
    So Havoc Immolate is creating an extra invisible dot on the havoc'ed target, that once you refresh it with Fel flame (no need for Havoc Fel Flame, normal FF works too) deals twice the normal dmg of Immolate. Giving basically double ember generation and thrice the dot dmg on that target. Considering that you'll need to refresh it with Fel Flame for ever so that you won't lose it, how much a gain could this bug be - and how long until it's fixed ?

Deleted
    First of all, if you were up to exploiting this bug on megaera, which is bad, you should put havoc on the head, your raid aims to kill and cast the original immolate on the "cleave-head".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    First of all, if you were up to exploiting this bug on megaera, which is bad, you should put havoc on the head, your raid aims to kill and cast the original immolate on the "cleave-head".
    that might explain shitloads of empty dps i did on magaera (which zumzumzum's app showed). next time i try the encounter i will always havoc the main head and bounce immolates and felflames of the 2nd head.
    strange bug. it might put immolate before chaosbolts for havoc usage on cleave fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    that might explain shitloads of empty dps i did on magaera (which zumzumzum's app showed). next time i try the encounter i will always havoc the main head and bounce immolates and felflames of the 2nd head.
    strange bug. it might put immolate before chaosbolts for havoc usage on cleave fights.
    What do you mean by "shitloads"? My guild started Megaera heroic 25 on Thursday and we reached the fifth head by the end of the raid. I had 216k total dps with 32k of it being "useless", which is not that bad, especially considering the fact, that most of my useful dps goes straight into the main head, as I am forbidden to cast anything beyond rain of fire on the small adds.

Tonight I'll cast havoc on the main head, too, which will lower my useless damage to maybe 20k dps. That's nice, but nothing dramatic, I suppose..

Deleted
    So on any adds fight we'd want to havoc an immolate onto boss and refresh it just via fel flame rather than ever hardcasting immolate again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    What do you mean by "shitloads"? My guild started Megaera heroic 25 on Thursday and we reached the fifth head by the end of the raid. I had 216k total dps with 32k of it being "useless", which is not that bad, especially considering the fact, that most of my useful dps goes straight into the main head, as I am forbidden to cast anything beyond rain of fire on the small adds.

Tonight I'll cast havoc on the main head, too, which will lower my useless damage to maybe 20k dps. That's nice, but nothing dramatic, I suppose..
    Im talking only from 10m normal perspective. From 148k almost 30k were useless, and I only used havoc for immolates and two felflames. Need to inestigate more this double immolate as it sound totally odd.

Deleted

Ghost Immolate ticking for 2x the dmg.. megusta. Something changed around mid-day yesterday, because it wasnt happening in the morning and it started happening at night :/
    Last edited by mmoc0a4b403eea; 2013-04-14 at 12:58 PM.

rain of fire single target when to?

checking some top logs on heroic jin-rokh for destro locks and i see rain of fire on their damage. when would/should this be casted during this encounter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    So on any adds fight we'd want to havoc an immolate onto boss and refresh it just via fel flame rather than ever hardcasting immolate again?
    For about the next two days, until this bug gets fixed, yes.

I can confirm this bug with immolate, I'll try and use this tonight on Durumu, Twins and Lei shen, I expect this to be fixed in the next few days though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    checking some top logs on heroic jin-rokh for destro locks and i see rain of fire on their damage. when would/should this be casted during this encounter?
    Please look for a thread to post your question in next time, before making a new thread.

If you read the OP of this destruction guide I moved your post to, you'll find the following:

Rain of Fire is a small DPS increase to use in the single target rotation, assuming that the target will take every tick of the Rain of Fire, one's not already there, and you have nothing more important to cast than an Incinerate. (An incinerate can be more important to cast if, for example, without casting the incinerate your next Chaos Bolt will consume 3 stacks of Backdraft)
    So just make sure to drop it when you know he's not moving out of it and it should be an increase.

Deleted
    shh, this is a trade secret!!

Deleted
    Let's make a pact.. no one must speak of this again!

Let's keep it for as long as possible before Blizzard fix it

Deleted
    erase all posts that mentions it!!

Deleted
    There is something completely broken
    I have the same behaviour with Havoc+Immolate. On a funny note, if I the refresh the normal & ghost immolates with Fel flame during the proc of Lei Shen's trinket, the ghost immolate doesn't seem to do damage anymore, but if i then refresh it without the proc it comes back

Deleted
    When using the 'ghost' immolate, it also seems that the damage updates dynamically to your procs rather than snapshotting. This is all quite strange

EDIT: nvm, seem to be wrong
    Last edited by mmocfa0a58c3b6; 2013-04-14 at 03:48 PM.