1. #1221
    Mechagnome Kuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    581
    for sacrifice its

    Mastery > Crit > Haste

  2. #1222
    When reforging for that much haste (the 10124 cap) how do you deal with backdraft charges? I mean, as a goblin with 4.3k haste I already go under the GCD cap alot of times and it just feels like a waste to me... So I stack Mastery>Crit

  3. #1223
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    General question: Has anyone noticed a slowdown with RoF ember generation? I had a harder time squeezing out CB's this week than I had in the past, even though gear hadn't changed. Quite possibly could be my imagination or just unusually bad critting that stands out (everyone remembers the bad pull, no one remembers the good ones). I haven't seen any changes come down that would affect it, but it's worth asking just to make sure.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  4. #1224
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    General question: Has anyone noticed a slowdown with RoF ember generation? I had a harder time squeezing out CB's this week than I had in the past, even though gear hadn't changed. Quite possibly could be my imagination or just unusually bad critting that stands out (everyone remembers the bad pull, no one remembers the good ones). I haven't seen any changes come down that would affect it, but it's worth asking just to make sure.
    I didn't feel like it was any lower than normal, beyond the second guessing of myself due to you saying this.

  5. #1225
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    General question: Has anyone noticed a slowdown with RoF ember generation? I had a harder time squeezing out CB's this week than I had in the past, even though gear hadn't changed. Quite possibly could be my imagination or just unusually bad critting that stands out (everyone remembers the bad pull, no one remembers the good ones). I haven't seen any changes come down that would affect it, but it's worth asking just to make sure.
    I doubt it. Ghostcrawler tweeted the other day that blizzard weren't too crazy about the RoF in single target rotation and they may change something, but they didn't want to do it mid tier.

    EDIT: included a link
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...57210099511296

  6. #1226
    im currently using ask mr robot site to get my basic reforges etc. It says to change things to crit once hit/expertise is at its cap, is it better to reforge to haste still or should i stick with robot? Currently 494 item lvl

  7. #1227
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    General question: Has anyone noticed a slowdown with RoF ember generation? I had a harder time squeezing out CB's this week than I had in the past, even though gear hadn't changed. Quite possibly could be my imagination or just unusually bad critting that stands out (everyone remembers the bad pull, no one remembers the good ones). I haven't seen any changes come down that would affect it, but it's worth asking just to make sure.
    Honestly i was thinking i had slower ember generation when i was on Megeara this week. other than that, no.

  8. #1228
    First of all thank you for all the people here, who are responding and helping with queries i have previously posted much appreciated.

    I am currently going grim ser / Mastery >> haste, but what sort of numbers am i looking for with Mastery before i start focusing on haste. I currently have 7910 mastert and 5386 haste. I saw somewhere that just over 8k is the number for mastery? not sure how true this was. Could someone confirm correct numbers.

  9. #1229
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    I doubt it. Ghostcrawler tweeted the other day that blizzard weren't too crazy about the RoF in single target rotation and they may change something, but they didn't want to do it mid tier.

    EDIT: included a link
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...57210099511296
    Haha, I forgot they fixed Havoc'd Immolate. That's probably why it felt so low. And I don't remember any of us being especially thrilled that RoF was entering the single target rotation.

    Oh wait, saw Zum at the bottom of the feed. Guess SOMEONE likes this foolish adventure on single target .
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  10. #1230
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Oh wait, saw Zum at the bottom of the feed. Guess SOMEONE likes this foolish adventure on single target .
    Well it's not that I love using it with the reticule but it does add depth in the gameplay, which was the main issue brought up during the beta. Originally the spec was supposed to be about managing mana & embers but this is never the case without RoF.

    If they make RoF useless again in single target I will miss it.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  11. #1231
    They should bring back searing pain and have it provide a temporary debuff on the target that increases RoF damage taken for 20 seconds, but have Searing Pain be on a long-ish cooldown so that we can use it for extra ember gen when necessary (IE going into DS burn phase).

  12. #1232
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    They should bring back searing pain and have it provide a temporary debuff on the target that increases RoF damage taken for 20 seconds, but have Searing Pain be on a long-ish cooldown so that we can use it for extra ember gen when necessary (IE going into DS burn phase).
    I'd rather a combustion-like spell that we could spread with FnB spells, applying perhaps a Nether Tempest type spell on targets hit in a mass of mini-RoF's. Perhaps it's more along the lines of a powerful single target DoT that can be detonated in a 30 yard radius affecting the ground enemy stands on in a 5 yard RoF or something of that sort. To be honest, AoE isn't much more exciting than single target, with or without RoF. I like the mini-game in single target of squeezing in CB's well, but placing that stupid reticule well makes it a royal pain in the ass to go back to clicking my spells .
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  13. #1233
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    I'd rather a combustion-like spell that we could spread with FnB spells, applying perhaps a Nether Tempest type spell on targets hit in a mass of mini-RoF's. Perhaps it's more along the lines of a powerful single target DoT that can be detonated in a 30 yard radius affecting the ground enemy stands on in a 5 yard RoF or something of that sort. To be honest, AoE isn't much more exciting than single target, with or without RoF. I like the mini-game in single target of squeezing in CB's well, but placing that stupid reticule well makes it a royal pain in the ass to go back to clicking my spells .
    I don't feel like our AoE or cleave rotation (for lack of a better word) needs any changes. I think RoF needs out of our regular single target rotation. That said, I think RoF is perfectly acceptable on single target as long as we're making the trade off of More Mana + Less Damage -> More Embers.

    If they were to give us a spell, or a CD, that would let us make a decision to include RoF in our single target rotation for a short-ish period of time, making it More Mana -> More Embers, then I think that would easily make single target more interesting.


    I should also say that I never, ever, EVER want to change our AoE rotation. Our AoE rotation is already significantly more "complicated" than other specs. We don't need to make it more complicated. In addition I never want to have to deal with a combustion-like mechanic. I don't think it fits destruction on a conceptual level.

  14. #1234
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Defias Brotherhood
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If they were to give us a spell, or a CD, that would let us make a decision to include RoF in our single target rotation for a short-ish period of time, making it More Mana -> More Embers, then I think that would easily make single target more interesting.
    I saw this, and it got me thinking - how to make it more interesting as both a single target cooldown and a good aoe spell?
    Rain of Fire
    30s CD

    Calls down a fiery rain to burn enemies in the area of effect for [amount] Fire damage over 6 sec. Deals 50% additional damage if the target is immolated. Suggested change: Each time it deals damage to a enemy, the CD is reduced by 1.5 sec. Also generates 100% more ember than the live version.
    Also, either a tier set bonus or a glyph:

    During Dark Soul, Rain of Fire has no cooldown.
    obv no cooldown may be a bit too much, but something along those lines would make it interesting.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-04-28 at 09:47 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

  15. #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    I saw this, and it got me thinking - how to make it more interesting as both a single target cooldown and a good aoe spell?


    Also, either a tier set bonus or a glyph:



    obv no cooldown may be a bit too much, but something along those lines would make it interesting.
    There shouldn't be a change to RoF (besides maybe letting more than one RoF tick in a single location).

    Also, that set bonus would be largely useless because RoF can currently only tick once per location. It doesn't stack.

  16. #1236
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I don't feel like our AoE or cleave rotation (for lack of a better word) needs any changes. I think RoF needs out of our regular single target rotation. That said, I think RoF is perfectly acceptable on single target as long as we're making the trade off of More Mana + Less Damage -> More Embers.

    If they were to give us a spell, or a CD, that would let us make a decision to include RoF in our single target rotation for a short-ish period of time, making it More Mana -> More Embers, then I think that would easily make single target more interesting.


    I should also say that I never, ever, EVER want to change our AoE rotation. Our AoE rotation is already significantly more "complicated" than other specs. We don't need to make it more complicated. In addition I never want to have to deal with a combustion-like mechanic. I don't think it fits destruction on a conceptual level.
    Our AoE is essentially single target without Chaos Bolt and a toggle. All of the proc watching of single target, except not because you're casting incin anyway. Admittedly, if procs didn't influence chaos bolt so much I'd find it far more interesting than single target, but as it stands hitting a buff before casting more incin's doesn't really engage me. On the Beta, it was the complete opposite for me, but a lot of changes since then.

    I didn't mean combustion per se, just used it (poorly) as an example of something placed and detonated to spread. I'd love for a DoT that we can blow up on demand to start our AoE instead of toggling on our AoE and then....toggling on our AoE as we cast single target spells, but it's a bit much a change for mid expansion. Something that you don't want to blow up single target to replace Rain of Fire. Using it to spread a ton of mini rain of fire's would just be cool, but probably impractical. Just a pipe dream that would probably be a nightmare to properly balance or just not work. Also creates the problem Destro has no way to pop anything out of stealth, since all our AoE becomes targetted, but I'm sure that could be solved with more work too. But, still, too much change for mid expansion. Honestly, I'm just bored with toggle--> cast, repeat.

    Edit: We may be getting a bit off topic here though. Don't wanna anger the mods . New thread?
    Last edited by Medieve; 2013-04-28 at 10:11 PM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  17. #1237
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Defias Brotherhood
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There shouldn't be a change to RoF (besides maybe letting more than one RoF tick in a single location).

    Also, that set bonus would be largely useless because RoF can currently only tick once per location. It doesn't stack.
    Well, on a 30s CD it's very limited how often you can cast it. With that setbonus, you'd be able to keep it up without letting it drop during DS, and with the added ember regen, that'd be a significant boost. I think RoF was very interesting in 5.0 - 5.1 because of the limited amount of haste we had access to, but now in ToT gear, being able to keep it up 100% is bland imo.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

  18. #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Using a curse macro is a lot less boss DPS lost than sticking a pet on the dino full time.
    When Jalak dies I usually set up the Dino as my focus target and use havoc on it as often as possible. Cleaving immolate followed by two incinerates with Chaos Bolts / RoF inbetween (much like Megaera but with incinerate instead of fel flame) knocks back the dino 3 times without any loss of DPS on Horridon. That way you need to use CoE only once between two havoc-cooldowns.

  19. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Our AoE is essentially single target without Chaos Bolt and a toggle. All of the proc watching of single target, except not because you're casting incin anyway. Admittedly, if procs didn't influence chaos bolt so much I'd find it far more interesting than single target, but as it stands hitting a buff before casting more incin's doesn't really engage me. On the Beta, it was the complete opposite for me, but a lot of changes since then.

    I didn't mean combustion per se, just used it (poorly) as an example of something placed and detonated to spread. I'd love for a DoT that we can blow up on demand to start our AoE instead of toggling on our AoE and then....toggling on our AoE as we cast single target spells, but it's a bit much a change for mid expansion. Something that you don't want to blow up single target to replace Rain of Fire. Using it to spread a ton of mini rain of fire's would just be cool, but probably impractical. Just a pipe dream that would probably be a nightmare to properly balance or just not work. Also creates the problem Destro has no way to pop anything out of stealth, since all our AoE becomes targetted, but I'm sure that could be solved with more work too. But, still, too much change for mid expansion. Honestly, I'm just bored with toggle--> cast, repeat.

    Edit: We may be getting a bit off topic here though. Don't wanna anger the mods . New thread?
    For a lot of specs (read: pretty much all of them) they have to push one button to AoE. Our AoE is already more complicated than most specs for AoE, I don't think we really need to make it more complicated.

    On a side note, we should totally be able to FnB Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn (probably not shadowburn). Make it cost 2 embers when cast (1 normal + 1 FnB), have the same damage penalty. It would give us either great AoE burst or something to do with all those extra embers when we're AoE'ing a bunch of mobs. (Okay, I may be being a bit hypocritical saying both of that in one post, but one's a pipe-dream and the other is being realistic. :P)

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    When Jalak dies I usually set up the Dino as my focus target and use havoc on it as often as possible. Cleaving immolate followed by two incinerates with Chaos Bolts / RoF inbetween (much like Megaera but with incinerate instead of fel flame) knocks back the dino 3 times without any loss of DPS on Horridon. That way you need to use CoE only once between two havoc-cooldowns.
    You'd probably be better off using the Megaera strat, as it is the most optimal way to spend Havoc charges for increasing single target damage.

  20. #1240
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    On a side note, we should totally be able to FnB Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn (probably not shadowburn).
    Yeah probably not... Or should we ? I would totally install the PTR client to try that before they scrap it
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •