1. #1321
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    In that case you should start doing some investigation, because either your game client is bugged, or you're doing something wrong.
    Well, I can use mouseover macros on unit frames, and I try to do the same thing with a nameplate and nothing happens. Is there something else I should be doing ?

    Are you sure you're not using an addon like tidyplates which makes nameplates recognized as unit frames ?

  2. #1322
    Just a quick question, if you are stacking mastery, what would be more preferable: mastery>crit>haste, mastery>haste>crit or mastery>crit=haste with 1) 1 rppm trinket, 2) 2 rppm trinkets

  3. #1323
    Does our haste increase our demons energy rates? And if so is there some point where it increases the number of attacks from them (fire bolts/licks etc)?

    My testing still seems to have my imp well out ahead in total damage done (true dps of 10k compared to my observer seeming to sit at 6-7k -5.8mil total damage for imp over 10mins and about 4.5mil for observer) but I noticed with how much total downtime there is and was wondering if I could truly increase the imps fel bolts (as my getting haste doesnt really help him as he is still entirely limited by regen). If not maybe blizzard could fix that glyph to being a energy increase for the imp instead of a small burst increase.

  4. #1324
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Does our haste increase our demons energy rates? And if so is there some point where it increases the number of attacks from them (fire bolts/licks etc)?

    My testing still seems to have my imp well out ahead in total damage done (true dps of 10k compared to my observer seeming to sit at 6-7k -5.8mil total damage for imp over 10mins and about 4.5mil for observer) but I noticed with how much total downtime there is and was wondering if I could truly increase the imps fel bolts (as my getting haste doesnt really help him as he is still entirely limited by regen). If not maybe blizzard could fix that glyph to being a energy increase for the imp instead of a small burst increase.
    are you using recount or are you actually using WoL for this? the reason is, imp stops long enough for recount(skada) to reset and actually forces the imp ahead. In reality, for all specs, imp is behind, except on very high target switches, then, its far better.

  5. #1325
    What I don't get is that even when I'm myself staying in combat, which is supposed to keep Recount from resetting, the imp seemingly does a lot more than I think it should.

    I don't know how it works ... I know when I do an actual raidboss, for example, as long as I'm in combat, even if I'm not attacking, the Recount parse does not reset. Yet it looks like for imp it's not doing this, because I know it's simply not doing about twice as much as my other pets.

  6. #1326
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Can't the imp get out of combat alone on recount ? I'm not sure it is bound to you.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  7. #1327
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't know how it works ... I know when I do an actual raidboss, for example, as long as I'm in combat, even if I'm not attacking, the Recount parse does not reset. Yet it looks like for imp it's not doing this, because I know it's simply not doing about twice as much as my other pets.
    Some DPS-meters, and recount in particular, parse DPS by damage/active time, not damage/total time. If your imp becomes flagged as "inactive" between firebolt barrages, while its damage remains the same, its "DPS" may increase. In reality, DPS includes time spent inactive, which is why some meters, or World of Logs, include both DPS (DPS while active) and DPS(e) (DPS - effective), the latter of which is damage done divided by the total time of the fight. Unless you see the imp doing a larger portion of your damage compared to other pets, or doing higher effective DPS in full raid buffs, everything is as it should be.

  8. #1328
    In addition to the above, if you are target dummy testing, you are missing raid buffs which benefit certain pets more than others. For example the observer has a fair amount of physical melee damage, so not having physical damage taken on the target is a ~2-3% obs damage lost right there.

  9. #1329
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Some DPS-meters, and recount in particular, parse DPS by damage/active time, not damage/total time. If your imp becomes flagged as "inactive" between firebolt barrages, while its damage remains the same, its "DPS" may increase. In reality, DPS includes time spent inactive, which is why some meters, or World of Logs, include both DPS (DPS while active) and DPS(e) (DPS - effective), the latter of which is damage done divided by the total time of the fight. Unless you see the imp doing a larger portion of your damage compared to other pets, or doing higher effective DPS in full raid buffs, everything is as it should be.
    My recount almost always exactly matches the DPS(e) on WoL. As in, say I die in a fight -- even though I'm no longer in combat, my DPS is going down steadily until combat is over. This is where the confusion stems from me, that Recount apparently acts differently on target dummy tests than it does in actual raids.

  10. #1330
    I have read your guide but I am still having a little trouble finding the correct re-forge/gem stat priority for my ilvl. I have tried simming it but according to what I am reading there is something wrong.

    Specifically in single target fights I'm getting ~100-120k dps which it should be higher. Just wondering if you could take a look at my character, and let me know if I am doing something wrong with the stats.

    Much appreciated

    Won't let me post a link as it is my first post. Name is "terpthree" in armory. I'm 518 ilvl and have haste a little above 2717, crit 18%, mastery 64%, I'm mostly re-forged/gemmed into mastery, and the only time I reforged to crit was to get rid of extra hit.

  11. #1331
    In a couple of words terpthree, you need more haste, im not specifically sure if its going to be worth it to gem full haste at that item level (although i cant really see why not), the thing is with the haste build you shift how the spec plays entirely.

    As you can see in this log below over 50% of my damage is chaos bolt and shadowburn even though i prio haste, this isint because i have heavy mastery, its because the haste is so high that i can just keep Rof going 100% of the fight for insane ember regen, which in turn lets me avoid using incinerate.

    If you try this i think your single target will improve drastically

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/wa7re...?s=3607&e=3841

    Edit- Also that shado pan trinket sucks amazing amounts of balls for destro, replace it even with Raid finder from Tot asap and you will notice an improvement in dps.
    Last edited by AjayxD; 2013-05-06 at 04:46 AM.

  12. #1332
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    In a couple of words terpthree, you need more haste, im not specifically sure if its going to be worth it to gem full haste at that item level (although i cant really see why not), the thing is with the haste build you shift how the spec plays entirely.

    You focus more on Rain of fire uptime to gain embers faster and worry a lot less about incinerate, if you can use this log to determine my damage sources and 'aim' to get as close as possible i think you will find better results.





    Only using this log due to it being the only 'single target' encounter you can really check damage on.

    Thanks for your response, do you try to hit a specific haste breakpoint? You let off a lot more chaos bolts than I do normally it looks like, probably because of increased ember regen.

  13. #1333
    Quote Originally Posted by terpthree View Post
    Thanks for your response, do you try to hit a specific haste breakpoint? You let off a lot more chaos bolts than I do normally it looks like, probably because of increased ember regen.
    Just a note, gemming full haste is not worth it. Int is still more than 2x the value of haste.

    Also there is no breakpoints that matter for Destro.



    And as well, haste/crit is only best for single target fights. On fights where you can get extra embers through Shadowburn sniping or AoE, you'd be best going with at the least a mastery build, and potentially Sac as well if there is a lot of it.

  14. #1334
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    And as well, haste/crit is only best for single target fights. On fights where you can get extra embers through Shadowburn sniping or AoE, you'd be best going with at the least a mastery build, and potentially Sac as well if there is a lot of it.
    I recently started to question the usefulness of Sac and decided to do a full clear as Sup with a heavy mastery build, and then add up the Sac damage and compare with the pet damage. (using observer/imp depending on what works best for the fight)

    What I found from my own personal performance was that Sac only hands-down-no-contest beat Sup on Primordius. They were both very close on several other fights however, but Sup usually having the upper hand.

    I'd be interested to see what results other people have found when it comes to the grimoires.
    Last edited by Micke; 2013-05-06 at 05:01 AM.

  15. #1335
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Just a note, gemming full haste is not worth it. Int is still more than 2x the value of haste.
    For me actually it isint, my damage drops by a noticable margin (for single target) when i change int in for haste, although i am using quite a random trinket combo which changes most people's results.

    The value of haste is determined very very massively by the players ability to react, for example on twins last nite i was able to make my rotation nothing but Chaos bolt and Rof (in which it was literally Chaos > chaos > Rof > repeat) during my dark soul because of the lurker's, but the downside of haste is as brusalk says, on 'anything' where there is more than 1 target mastery and int gain a lot of value, although it is incredibly nice to be able to cast a chaos bolt and immolate during a unerring proc.

    Random results from sim (patchwerk 50k etc)
    Kurosak%C3%AD : 175238 dps

    Int - 5.70
    Crit - 2.63
    Haste - 2.88
    Mastery - 2.77
    Last edited by AjayxD; 2013-05-06 at 05:04 AM.
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  16. #1336
    Did you have physical vulnerability and sunder armor on your dummy when comparing imp damage to the observer?

  17. #1337
    Hello, im not a new warlock but this theorycrafting behind stats and simcrafting is painful to me so I just want to ask for a favor:

    this is my warlock

    http: //eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion /Akukaracha/advanced

    can someone please tell me what should i reforge for lets say majority for fights in tot 10N/10HC?


    Thanks in advance

    (sry for spaces in link but i cant post links yet)

  18. #1338
    Quote Originally Posted by akukaracha View Post
    Hello, im not a new warlock but this theorycrafting behind stats and simcrafting is painful to me so I just want to ask for a favor:

    this is my warlock

    http: //eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion /Akukaracha/advanced

    can someone please tell me what should i reforge for lets say majority for fights in tot 10N/10HC?


    Thanks in advance

    (sry for spaces in link but i cant post links yet)
    You're currently specced Destro with Sac although for almost every fight Supremacy is going to be superior (rule of thumb is when your chaos bolt/shadowburn are going to be 50%+ of your total damage then Sac could be viable).

    In addition, you're currently all haste reforged, and even fully haste gemmed. You're unlikely at the ilevel yet where the pure haste gems are better than int/haste for single target. In addition, if you want to be lazy and not reforge between fights (as seems likely) then you're better off going with a full mastery build rather than a full haste build.

  19. #1339
    Brusalk I'm really curious with your stat weights. It seems you are valuing int higher than 2x any secondary stat. However if I SIM your profile in any fight type (patchwork, helterskelter, hecticaddcleave) I always get one of the secondary stats being better than int. Just wondering how you came to decide your weights?

    Are you re-geming / re-enchanting between fights also or are you leaving gems and enchants and only changing reforges?

    One extra question... you don't have the new meta gem or your value it less than the normal one?
    Last edited by Ahzeal; 2013-05-06 at 11:09 PM.

  20. #1340
    In "real world" situations, pure Mastery gems are most likely worth it. I don't see any reason to gem pure Haste though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •