1. #1481
    The meta gem i found to be quite good when it procs.

    Because it procs quite nicely and im stacking mastery/haste i cant use Volatile talismen of shadopan with it (no luck with maegaera trinket or cha-ye)

    Good news is i can use Relic of Yu-Lon which combined with wushoolay gives a whole new fun called big crits.

    Also got a new weapon hehehe better than the 504 i was using at time.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losia/advanced


    So far my highest crit just raid buffed and all CD's procced is a 1.24 million chaos Bolt.

    I would love to imagine how hard i could have crit with chaos bolt in the old sac build. Because i have managed 800k+ crits in old sac build with relic and about 484 ilvl.

    Hopefully the legendary meta will improve proc rates for destro locks that have been stacking haste, i also heard the internal cooldown has been removed like it was originally.


    You say go all haste or all mastery.

    I need to lose a bunch of crit but at least the stats are not so bad, it gives a nice all rounder seeing that stat weights are getting close, that and my guild has a policy of take loot as an upgrade even if its minor
    Last edited by squee666; 2013-05-18 at 02:27 AM.

  2. #1482
    Stood in the Fire Bloodfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hell Land, You Don't Want to Know
    Posts
    457
    Em...
    On Horridon HM, other lock whom I raid with atm takes GoSac and overwhelms on dps.
    Thing is, that he's stacking more mastery and has aff as 2nd spec.
    Is this viable? I'm stacking haste instead of mastery (Demo main spec) so I'm currently in doubt because for now it's easier to kick that pink dino of LOVE far away.

  3. #1483
    Use Curse of the Elements to knock back the Dino, it's on a short GCD. Haste shouldn't play a role for knocking.

    GoSac and mastery can be amazing on that fight because you are using CB/SB/FnB so often. There's a LOT of embers floating around between RoF on adds and SB sniping. That being said, GoSup is far from worthless - some people prefer sticking an Imp on Horridon 100% of the time, and it works quite well. But for progression on that fight, I'd recommend full mastery with GoSac indeed.

  4. #1484
    Trying to prepare for Ra-Den and was hoping to get some input from warlocks that have killed it or are trying it. Playing in a 10m guild so I was planning to play destro for ball damadge.

    Tallent wise I'm guessing you definatly want to go with Soul Link (for the aoe dmg reduction) and Archimonde's vengeance due to the lack of movement. When it comes to the grimoires I'm a little less sure. I see Brusalk played with GoSac, I'm guessing a combination of wanting ball dmg (pet switches would be slow and ineffective) and the extra embers during p1 from the add? Though I guess p2 is the though phase and the one I should seek to optimize. But if my assumption that ball damadge is the most important thing and trumps boss damadge I guess GoSac is the way to go regardless.

    When it comes to itemization I'm also a little unsure. I havn't played destro for the last month or so, but played it quite some (usually mastery heavy) earlier during ToT. I assume you want a lot of haste and mastery while crit is a bit meh. Haste is good single target and for getting casts off on the balls while mastery is going to help ball damadge a lot (since youll want to chaos bolt them I assume). Also mastery becomes a stronger single target stat in a GoSac build, correct?
    Had a look at what my gear would look like as destro with Wush and Cha-Ye (both hc). Looking to be about 10k haste, 10k mastery, 4.5k crit. This would be with secondary stat gems, sims point to this being the way to go though I know they can't be trusted completely. And the ability to sacrifice 2-3k haste/mastery either way to push fully for one stat if that is the best way to go.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated, even if you don't have experience with the fight and see flaws in my logic!

  5. #1485
    idk if you guys talked about this or not since i have not read the whole pages, only the guide and went to reply, i noticed that you did`t put int the fel flame description that ir adds 6 seconds to your immolate in the target. Now my question is about the same, is it worth to use fel flame every 6 seconds giving you a dmg hit, production of emberticks, and the added time to immolate even tho it is expensive mana wise, or better to just refresh immolate every 13 seconds?

  6. #1486
    Quote Originally Posted by Tian View Post
    idk if you guys talked about this or not since i have not read the whole pages, only the guide and went to reply, i noticed that you did`t put int the fel flame description that ir adds 6 seconds to your immolate in the target. Now my question is about the same, is it worth to use fel flame every 6 seconds giving you a dmg hit, production of emberticks, and the added time to immolate even tho it is expensive mana wise, or better to just refresh immolate every 13 seconds?
    too expensive to use it in the normal rotation
    but in certain circumstances it is a superior choice
    for example:
    UVLS-proc
    sometimes with Havoc
    too much mana, not enough embers for a SB finisher (if you need to finish it for the ember gain)
    enemy lives longer than the current immolate duration but less than a full refreshed one
    you need a instant

  7. #1487
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Trying to prepare for Ra-Den and was hoping to get some input from warlocks that have killed it or are trying it. Playing in a 10m guild so I was planning to play destro for ball damadge.

    Tallent wise I'm guessing you definatly want to go with Soul Link (for the aoe dmg reduction) and Archimonde's vengeance due to the lack of movement. When it comes to the grimoires I'm a little less sure. I see Brusalk played with GoSac, I'm guessing a combination of wanting ball dmg (pet switches would be slow and ineffective) and the extra embers during p1 from the add? Though I guess p2 is the though phase and the one I should seek to optimize. But if my assumption that ball damadge is the most important thing and trumps boss damadge I guess GoSac is the way to go regardless.

    When it comes to itemization I'm also a little unsure. I havn't played destro for the last month or so, but played it quite some (usually mastery heavy) earlier during ToT. I assume you want a lot of haste and mastery while crit is a bit meh. Haste is good single target and for getting casts off on the balls while mastery is going to help ball damadge a lot (since youll want to chaos bolt them I assume). Also mastery becomes a stronger single target stat in a GoSac build, correct?
    Had a look at what my gear would look like as destro with Wush and Cha-Ye (both hc). Looking to be about 10k haste, 10k mastery, 4.5k crit. This would be with secondary stat gems, sims point to this being the way to go though I know they can't be trusted completely. And the ability to sacrifice 2-3k haste/mastery either way to push fully for one stat if that is the best way to go.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated, even if you don't have experience with the fight and see flaws in my logic!
    I went gosac + mastery stacking to get all the ball damage I could. I was also using 3-6 stacks of backdraft for Chaos Bolts to aid in our efforts to kill them. It was a big problem for our raid. I would also Sac/Succ for the knockback if our druids were out of range or doing other things for when we had to kill the small adds.

    I went with Soul Link because 20% more health was more useful than the other two options. The dot ticking part of DB would make it impossible to take for later phases, and while SP would be useful for P1 and the explosion of damage, in the last phase it wouldn't really help that much.

  8. #1488
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I went gosac + mastery stacking to get all the ball damage I could. I was also using 3-6 stacks of backdraft for Chaos Bolts to aid in our efforts to kill them. It was a big problem for our raid. I would also Sac/Succ for the knockback if our druids were out of range or doing other things for when we had to kill the small adds.

    I went with Soul Link because 20% more health was more useful than the other two options. The dot ticking part of DB would make it impossible to take for later phases, and while SP would be useful for P1 and the explosion of damage, in the last phase it wouldn't really help that much.
    Shame I can't play with a pet and Soul Link like that, that would be great defensively. But it makes sense, we already figuered the balls would be the bigest problem dps wise. And the extra knockback will surely be nice (we'll have 1 typhoon, 1 thunderstorm and then my knockback). Thanks for the reply!

  9. #1489
    Hey Brusalk, now you got the meta, are you stacking more haste than mastery?? Kinda curious to see your thoughts.

  10. #1490
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Hey Brusalk, now you got the meta, are you stacking more haste than mastery?? Kinda curious to see your thoughts.
    I'm not changing anything that I've been doing just because I got the meta.

  11. #1491
    Just noticed you bumped your haste above 10k rather than the normal full mastery build i've seen

  12. #1492
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Just noticed you bumped your haste above 10k rather than the normal full mastery build i've seen
    Testing purposes. You can pretty much be assured that my armory will not be what I'm running for any given fight or even in general.

  13. #1493
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Testing purposes. You can pretty much be assured that my armory will not be what I'm running for any given fight or even in general.
    hey brusalk, you're missing a frag belt. its free 600 dps. gz on gem btw.

  14. #1494
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    /cry

    RNG is beyond acceptable this tier. In terms of gameplay and loot drops.
    You have 15? You lucky bastard. Although, you did clear ToT a couple weeks faster than I did. I'm at a crisp 13, after not seeing a single drop for a solid month.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  15. #1495
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    hey brusalk, you're missing a frag belt. its free 600 dps. gz on gem btw.
    Haven't gotten around to engineering up my gear yet. I also don't have a good hotkey available for the frag belt :P

  16. #1496
    you need 20 secrets of the empire for the metagem, you need 12 titanstone once you've gotten the metagem. at no point will you need 15.

  17. #1497
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,001
    Medieve is saying that brusalk is lucky to have 15, as he himself still only has 13. He never said 15 gives you anything.

  18. #1498
    ah ok, totally misunderstood him then.

  19. #1499
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    274
    I get that a lot.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)
    W-Th 6:45 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST - Neolutum of Turalyon, always recruiting! http://neolutum.enjin.com/home

    -Retired as of the end of 5.3

  20. #1500
    Hi, I'm at about ilvl 505-or so. I have been using a mastery heavy, haste heavy build with Imp-Sup or Sac interchangeably, depending on the fight. This seemed to do quite fine. It's come to my attention that haste probably isn't the best stat, and could probably be better used as crit or mastery.
    I have two main questions here, when does Mastery become more beneficial to gem for than Int (already mastery because I used to be afflic)?, and I saw references to GoSac or GoSup... I know what sup and sac are but whats the Go, and whats the alternatives?
    (Cyntholis, Sen'Jin, US servers, since I can't post links)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •