1. #1661
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,248
    Chaos bolt scales with crit, and under 20% the extra crit chance does a lot to make sure your shadowburns crit. With T15 2 set you also can fit in an extra CB/SB during dark soul.

    Using embers on trinket procs is good and you should do this, but you should ALSO pool up embers for dark soul. Spend your embers on both. Furthermore, you're likely to get a trinket proc during dark soul anyway.

    Unless you struggle to generate 4 full embers in between dark souls, you should use trinket procs as windows to dump at least an ember or two, depending on the proc.

  2. #1662
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    Hey I’m trying to maximise my dps output, and the guide says to save embers for dark soul, DS gives me 30% of my crit rating which for me would be about 1400 as i reforge out of crit,
    1400 crit rating compared to a trinket procc of about 7k int… isn’t 7k int worth a lot more? Shouldn’t I save my embers for my trinkets? Am I missing soth about DS?
    DS doesn't give you 30% of your crit rating, it gives you +30% crit. Flat-out. No questions asked. Given that crit scales very well with CB, you should definitely save up embers to burn during DS.

  3. #1663
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    On the obvious side it looks like you're missing quite a few gems and enchants.

    Weak auras is a good add on to track ICDs and procs. There is also a very good thread here to provide sample auras that you can import.
    Yah I need to get those taken care of, was in a hurry before raid and was not able to get them done.

    I'll check out Weak Auras, glad to see there's a thread for samples because the last time I gave it a try I got overwhelmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Just took a quick look at your log, a couple remarks :
    - You should use Havoc to generate embers on this fight (yes, the extra damage is useless, but the embers aren't)
    - Only 3 Dark Souls in 6:36 ?

    PS: Parks and Recreation !

    Edit: wow looks like this wasn't such a quick look
    So on any multi target fight we should havoc, good to know. I didn't put together the Ember Generation part.

    I am definitely not managing my Dark Souls appropriately. However I'm not popping it immediately on the pull as I only have one ember, shouldn't I wait until I have 3.5 or more and THEN pop it? Unfortunately I know this is making me not stack with Lust/Banner on the pull.

    And yes, Parks and Rec is awesome, a favorite for my wife and I.

  4. #1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Well here's the official confirmation that Rain of Fire will no longer play a part in our single target rotation.

    Whilst it might not have been practical, it did give the spec a bit more diversity than spamming incinerate. I wonder if they'll buff ember generation somewhere else to compensate.
    Imo they have to buff ember generation of other spells or it will be a huge nerf. RoF is a pretty boss ember generator at the moment.

  5. #1665
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    I am definitely not managing my Dark Souls appropriately. However I'm not popping it immediately on the pull as I only have one ember, shouldn't I wait until I have 3.5 or more and THEN pop it? Unfortunately I know this is making me not stack with Lust/Banner on the pull..
    My opener is how brusalk outlined it (somewhere). Prepot at 3 seconds and cast an incinerate followed by an immolate, drop rain of fire and conflagrate x2. After this pop dark soul and incinerate 4 times (which gets you to 2 stacks of backdraft). Chaos bolt twice followed by refreshing immolate and rain of fire, spend your back draft charges, chaos bolt again, then resume rotation.

    If you wait until 3.5 embers then you just wasted your prepot and your trinket procs lining up.

  6. #1666
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Imo they have to buff ember generation of other spells or it will be a huge nerf. RoF is a pretty boss ember generator at the moment.
    yeah removing rain of fire from single target APL in simcraft seems to be a ~5% dps loss. they are probably gonna do a lot of number tweaking for all classes but you could start arguing for a compensation for the sake of it.

  7. #1667
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Imo they have to buff ember generation of other spells or it will be a huge nerf. RoF is a pretty boss ember generator at the moment.
    My thoughts exactly, I'm not on the PTR but I hope this can get tested and feedback given, or I predict they'll ship out 5.4 and we'll need a heavy band-aid patch akin to mages at the start of 5.2.

  8. #1668
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    My opener is how brusalk outlined it (somewhere). Prepot at 3 seconds and cast an incinerate followed by an immolate, drop rain of fire and conflagrate x2. After this pop dark soul and incinerate 4 times (which gets you to 2 stacks of backdraft). Chaos bolt twice followed by refreshing immolate and rain of fire, spend your back draft charges, chaos bolt again, then resume rotation.

    If you wait until 3.5 embers then you just wasted your prepot and your trinket procs lining up.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight

  9. #1669
    Can anyone offer any tips on Lei shen Heroic? Put about 25 attempts into it last night and it seems pretty easy honestly, just a retard check. Question I had though is I know sup in the best on this fight but what should I be reforging to? I've been full mastery reforged so far but it just feels like haste would benefit me a lot more. Also should I be running MF or KJC? We only get 3 ball lightnings so I kinda felt like MF would be a waste.

  10. #1670
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Can anyone offer any tips on Lei shen Heroic? Put about 25 attempts into it last night and it seems pretty easy honestly, just a retard check. Question I had though is I know sup in the best on this fight but what should I be reforging to? I've been full mastery reforged so far but it just feels like haste would benefit me a lot more. Also should I be running MF or KJC? We only get 3 ball lightnings so I kinda felt like MF would be a waste.
    Our guild doesn't care about the ball lightnings so we get a crap ton, and as a result I run with Mastery/MF.

    If you ever have problems with balls in the last phase not dying, then MF/Mastery would probably be best. KjC would be really nice to have if they aren't a problem for you though.

  11. #1671
    It depends what is wiping you. Do you get behind on balls and people die or do you not have enough dps to push through the phase quickly so people get behind due to attrition? MF is nice for wider aoe but last phase winds can really gimp your dps without KJC. Sounds like you are in a 10m so you can probably get away with not having to MF if there is a DK aoe grip or just havoc/nuke while hoping someone else can deal w' the 3rd. There is no right answer for destro secondary stats. Haste (and crit) are ember generating stats, mastery is an ember spending stat. Can also think of it as "reliable burst" stat.

  12. #1672
    Mechagnome Zephre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In the mountains?
    Posts
    643
    I have a question. The OPs said to roll with haste as the main stat if using supremacy but according to his armoury he's stacking mastery whilst using supremacy. Which is confusing the hell out of me, not just this but all the " stat " prio things in general. Icyveins, Noxxic, Here and ask mr robot all say something completely different pretty much and I honestly have no idea what to do. >_<

  13. #1673
    This has been answered about 100 times in this thread
    Single target, all depends on your chars current stats, but usually Haste with supremacy is best stat for improving single target dps. Now, how many pure single target bosses do we have in ToT? Just Jinrok (even on Jinrokh mastery is great since most of your damage is from chaosbolt/shadowburn in the pools.)
    For multi target/Aoe mastery is far superior to haste
    -Going full haste on aoe/multi target compared to mastery will greatly nerf your dps.
    -Going full mastery on single target compared to haste, will SLIGHTLY nerf your dps.

    If you play an offspec alot as well, you will find locks with demo off, go for 8.1k haste rest mastery, and affliction 9.8kish and rest mastery.

  14. #1674
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I have a question. The OPs said to roll with haste as the main stat if using supremacy but according to his armoury he's stacking mastery whilst using supremacy. Which is confusing the hell out of me, not just this but all the " stat " prio things in general. Icyveins, Noxxic, Here and ask mr robot all say something completely different pretty much and I honestly have no idea what to do. >_<
    Crowz answer is pretty much complete.

    I'm using Sup/Mastery because that's what I use for ball damage on Ra-den, and I typically just logout after Ra-den is done for the majority of the week.

  15. #1675
    Question about Ra den, for destro whats the best Gem/Reforge setup to use? Was thinking of going full mastery gem with haste reforge but wasnt totally sure.

  16. #1676
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Question about Ra den, for destro whats the best Gem/Reforge setup to use? Was thinking of going full mastery gem with haste reforge but wasnt totally sure.
    Why would you ever gem one thing and reforge another?

    Commit Man! Commit!


    It depends on how much trouble you have with orb damage. If orbs are not a problem what so ever, you could get away with haste/sup. If you're having some trouble, and boss damage is a problem, then mastery + sup w/ Shivarra (for knock-back on the add at a DPS gain) would be best. If you absolutely NEED all the damage you can get on the balls, then Sup w/ Fel Imp w/ Glyph of Demon Training and manually using Felbolt will provide the best damage on balls (saving up Fel Energy for 2-3 bursts of Felbolt).

  17. #1677
    Just got our first kill of Ra-den tonight. I had to play destruction because people are bad at balls. However, I died and got the absolute lowest parse on WoL as Destro.

  18. #1678
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Just got our first kill of Ra-den tonight. I had to play destruction because people are bad at balls. However, I died and got the absolute lowest parse on WoL as Destro.
    My guild has only killed Lei-Shen (normal) once. I'd kill for the lowest WoL parse on Ra-Den. Count your blessings :P
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  19. #1679
    Hi Brusalk,

    I've a question, just got my legendary meta gem and I was wondering if I should cast CB under the 30% haste effect or wait as usual for int procs, ty.

  20. #1680
    Quote Originally Posted by Sothis View Post
    Hi Brusalk,

    I've a question, just got my legendary meta gem and I was wondering if I should cast CB under the 30% haste effect or wait as usual for int procs, ty.
    Chaos Bolts consume a limited resource. Being able to consume that resource faster just means you'll run out of resources faster.

    You want to use the limited resource as optimally as you can. That means the most bonus damage and thus int/mastery/crit procs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •