1. #1761
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    this weeks upcoming farm want to play around with destro, have 543 versions of wush,uvls,breath,chayes. whats the best combo right now? will be using a haste=mastery build
    Wush+BotH.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I would go with Wushooo and Breath, but you can wait for the complete calculations of Brusalk
    Same answer, same time

  2. #1762
    Hey Brusalk, two questions.

    I have 2/2 UVLS, Cha, and Breath, all normal. Thoughts on which to pick?

    Also, Now that my item level is around 531, would a more Mastery heavy build fit Destro better, or are the Int gems more suitable? This question might seem more subjective but I'd still like to hear some thoughts.

    Thanks.

  3. #1763
    Cha and Breath IMO. Since there's about only 1-2 single target fights in ToT, then mastery all the way.

  4. #1764
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    786
    Been working with Evrellias youtube post and went heavy mastery. Problem is it seems my haste is a bit too high as i fall below 1.0 with meta proc and back draft. Is there a stopping point when it comes to haste? Right now im sitting at 9865 haste unbuffed.

  5. #1765
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Been working with Evrellias youtube post and went heavy mastery. Problem is it seems my haste is a bit too high as i fall below 1.0 with meta proc and back draft. Is there a stopping point when it comes to haste? Right now im sitting at 9865 haste unbuffed.
    If you wanna maximise your SINGLE target dps then stack haste as high as you can get it (like 20k+) but that makes the playstyle unfun imo and mastery is the most versatile stat, most choose to go mastery > haste
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  6. #1766
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    Hey Brusalk, two questions.

    I have 2/2 UVLS, Cha, and Breath, all normal. Thoughts on which to pick?

    Also, Now that my item level is around 531, would a more Mastery heavy build fit Destro better, or are the Int gems more suitable? This question might seem more subjective but I'd still like to hear some thoughts.

    Thanks.
    I personally go with hybrid gems over straight stats (for yellows) because I tend to switch specs a lot and don't really care to regem.

    I'd use Cha + Breath, but UVLS + Breath would be pretty good as well. Pretty much go with whatever you prefer. Not dealing with UVLS would be my personal choice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Been working with Evrellias youtube post and went heavy mastery. Problem is it seems my haste is a bit too high as i fall below 1.0 with meta proc and back draft. Is there a stopping point when it comes to haste? Right now im sitting at 9865 haste unbuffed.
    Haste is always best with 2 RPPM procs over crit, with mastery behind those. However that's only for single target and 2 target cleave. Mastery is better once you have a ton of ember generation from adds through Shadowburn, or when you're AoEing.

    Most of Hastes value comes from RoF generation and not Incinerate cast times.

  7. #1767
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    If you wanna maximise your SINGLE target dps then stack haste as high as you can get it (like 20k+) but that makes the playstyle unfun imo and mastery is the most versatile stat, most choose to go mastery > haste
    Yeah at 10392 unbuffed mastery atm. Wasnt sure if i was doing it wrong by allowing my gcd on incinerate to go under 1 second. Ilvl is 532 atm on my lock.

  8. #1768
    Hey guys, quick question. My guild is super causal raiding guild and I am averaging about 90k dps which I feel is low but after reading the forms and all the different setups I just want to make sure I am doing it right. Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kindead/simple

  9. #1769
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I personally go with hybrid gems over straight stats (for yellows) because I tend to switch specs a lot and don't really care to regem.
    Why not just stick with straight mastery gems for all 3 specs?

  10. #1770
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Why not just stick with straight mastery gems for all 3 specs?
    I prefer to stack Haste as Demo. It's pretty much a wash on whether Haste or Haste(to ~8100) -> Mastery is better for Demo, but I personally like to be able to reduce the RNG on UVLS as much as possible.

  11. #1771
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I prefer to stack Haste as Demo. It's pretty much a wash on whether Haste or Haste(to ~8100) -> Mastery is better for Demo, but I personally like to be able to reduce the RNG on UVLS as much as possible.
    Oh, I swapped to mastery instead of haste just because it doesn't increase the rng for it to proc to make it worth it versus loosing so much mastery.

  12. #1772
    brusalk why are you still gemming for int when zumzum is not? so confusing when I check you guys up for ra-den (which is the only fight I play destro on atm). I've been re-gemming to int for that fight alone. I'd like to know the reasoning behind what you're doing.

    ps. get a glider already.

  13. #1773
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    173
    I've tried out the 8094 Haste > Mastery route for Demo, going from my usual 14873 Haste > Mastery, and over the 2-3 weeks of playing around with it, I didn't really notice a DPS difference at all between the two. Will most likely go back to 14873 as I do prefer the higher Fury regen.

    Still waiting for Destro changes... not holding my breath though.

  14. #1774
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    brusalk why are you still gemming for int when zumzum is not? so confusing when I check you guys up for ra-den (which is the only fight I play destro on atm). I've been re-gemming to int for that fight alone. I'd like to know the reasoning behind what you're doing.

    ps. get a glider already.
    I've not done any theorycrafting in all of MoP (not even one SimC run ), so I wouldn't advise you to follow my choices
    But I think Brusalk already said he has a special reason for stacking Int iirc, so I might be right on this though.
    Last edited by Zumzumzum; 2013-08-01 at 12:32 PM.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  15. #1775
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    brusalk why are you still gemming for int when zumzum is not? so confusing when I check you guys up for ra-den (which is the only fight I play destro on atm). I've been re-gemming to int for that fight alone. I'd like to know the reasoning behind what you're doing.

    ps. get a glider already.
    It is so he doesn't have to re-gem for every fight.

  16. #1776
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    It is so he doesn't have to re-gem for every fight.
    If I had infinite money and time I'd regem what's best for every fight.

    Sadly I'm a bit shy on the time aspect which makes money hard to come by.

  17. #1777
    Blademaster HuSaYiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    38
    very well explained

  18. #1778
    so zumzum just doesn't give a damn paragon style and still crush meters while brusalk is a poor bastard who cant afford gems but still get high parses.

    conclusion: stop regemming for ra-den since I top those meters anyway. plus half of the time the freaking boogers are still in the air when the adds die. min/maxing your gems/reforging becomes rather redundant compared to how you actually play the spec.

    thx guys

  19. #1779
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    so zumzum just doesn't give a damn paragon style and still crush meters while brusalk is a poor bastard who cant afford gems but still get high parses.

    conclusion: stop regemming for ra-den since I top those meters anyway. plus half of the time the freaking boogers are still in the air when the adds die. min/maxing your gems/reforging becomes rather redundant compared to how you actually play the spec.

    thx guys
    Sad but mostly true.

  20. #1780
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    zumzum just doesn't give a damn paragon style and still crush meters while brusalk is a poor bastard who cant afford gems
    Hey that would be a nice sig
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •