Page 8 of 198 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the vp trinket is a direct replacement for relic/Heroic sha trinket. as someone said above you can basically use the lotc 'on demand' with rof when the icd is up.

Deleted
    Just simmed my character. GoSup Observer Int > Hit > Crit ~= Haste ~= Mastery So it's basically a mirror opposite of 5.0-5.1 Destro locks doing GoSac Master>Crit>Haste.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    the vp trinket is a direct replacement for relic/Heroic sha trinket. as someone said above you can basically use the lotc 'on demand' with rof when the icd is up.
    should i replace relic or LoTC?

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    should i replace relic or LoTC?
    for affliction its easier to answer you would replace the relic/eots with the new valor trinket, but for destro i dont really know and will have the same decision to make. run double int+haste proc trinkets or keep using lotch+new valor trink

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:45 PM ----------

does anyone have a havok focus,target last target macro they can post here? im terrible at making macros but i know one exists just cant find it
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-03-12 at 07:47 PM.

for affliction its easier to answer you would replace the relic/eots with the new valor trinket, but for destro i dont really know and will have the same decision to make. run double int+haste proc trinkets or keep using lotch+new valor trink

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:45 PM ----------

does anyone have a havok focus,target last target macro they can post here? im terrible at making macros but i know one exists just cant find it
    Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead]Havoc
    If you wanted one to cast on your mouseover replace focus with mouseover.

If you wanted one to cast on your mouseover when your focus either doesn't exist, is friendly, or is dead, then:

Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Havoc

And finally for good measure:

Code:
    #showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Havoc
    Above is the same as the 2nd one, though if your mouseover fails for the same reason focus did, it'll cast it at your target.

Deleted
    I use a mouseover macro, I don't know if that is exactly what you are looking for but it's easy and efficient. Just hover your mouse over a target and press the button for Havoc and of you go!

#showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [target=mouseover] Havoc

yea i dont want a mouseover macro, i want to have the boss as my focus, be killing adds and with 1 click havok boss and be able to spam shadowburns on a sub 20% hp add

i know there was a similar macro for windlord that would target your focus (if you were ccing an add) use the spear then return to your previous target all with 1 click
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-03-12 at 08:04 PM.

yea i dont want a mouseover macro, i want to have the boss as my focus, be killing adds and with 1 click havok boss and be able to spam shadowburns on a sub 20% hp add

i know there was a similar macro for windlord that would target your focus (if you were ccing an add) use the spear then return to your previous target all with 1 click
    See my first macro I gave you.

ok what do the 'harm' 'no dead' do can i drop them from the macro? and would i add another line below 'targetlasttarget'?

also what do you think about using eots+new valor trinket while using gosup? more intel and double haste procs benefitting our pet and we have less focus now on using building cb's up for int procs.

Deleted
    Well... at least with the nerfs to Aff & Demo I might stay Destro during all 5.2 and not bother with Aff x)

Has anybody done serious tests with the 5.2 trinkets ? I've started to browse logs from warlocks with Wushulay's and put together proc counts & uptime per spec & fight, kinda boring job. I have evaluated doing a new app for that, but the number of reports to parse would be astonishing and might bring the internet down, so...

ok what do the 'harm' 'no dead' do can i drop them from the macro? and would i add another line below 'targetlasttarget'?

also what do you think about using eots+new valor trinket while using gosup? more intel and double haste procs benefitting our pet and we have less focus now on using building cb's up for int procs.
    the harm and nodead conditionals means that it won't try and cast havoc on your focus if your focus isn't an enemy, or if your focus is dead. Basically it makes the macro smarter and only casts it on your focus if it's a valid enemy to cast it on.

What do you mean by eots?

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well... at least with the nerfs to Aff & Demo I might stay Destro during all 5.2 and not bother with Aff x)

Has anybody done serious tests with the 5.2 trinkets ? I've started to browse logs from warlocks with Wushulay's and put together proc counts & uptime per spec & fight, kinda boring job. I have evaluated doing a new app for that, but the number of reports to parse would be astonishing and might bring the internet down, so...
    The only testing I've done showed that Unerring is better than 2/2 upgraded Relic and LoTC

i ended up making this macro and it seems to work well for anyone else that may find it usefull

#showtooltip Havoc
    /target focus
    /cast havoc
    /targetlasttarget
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-03-12 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    rain of fire did actually occur to me shortly after i posted this! hopefully that will be a decent dps buff. but now i have the question of whether it is worth replacing relic 2/2 or normal LoTC 2/2 with the VP trink?
    No idea!

and also, should i go for the lei shen trinket? i know its amazing for demo which i also play, but if it is terrible for destro i wont get it since i dont wanna spend my EPGP on 3 trinkets for 2 specs
    No clue! I really don't much about what trinkets are the best, I just often pick the ones that drop and that on one else wants.
    I as a Warlock manage to be top 2 on every fight with subpar gear anyway so... I dunno!

also, do you feel that there is a minimum amount of crit needed to keep ember generation above a certain level?
    and i heard today that at 5% haste (10% with raid buff) hero+backdraft will cause incinerate to go below 1sec cast, is this true and if so does that mean we should try not to go above that amount of haste?
    I currently have around 22% haste raidbuffed and with a backdraft and I think I cast my Incinerates at like 0.93sec. It feels uncomfortable and kind of weird, but it's no problem if you keep spamming that button aaaall niiiiiiight looooong!

i ended up making this macro and it seems to work well for anyone else that may find it usefull

#showtooltip Havoc
    /target focus
    /cast havoc
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead]Havoc

it does exactly what that does, only it doesn't force an actual target change (and is better in that regard) and it also checks to make sure the focus target isn't dead or an ally. I'm not sure why you're so adamant that /targetlasttarget is required.

Is the Valor Trinket really an upgrade from 2/2 Relic or 2/2 H-LotC?

I tried running some simcraft tests, but it was showing as a net DPS loss for me by 2-3k. I couldn't find the buff from the trinket in my helpful procs though, so I'm not sure if it wasn't reading the trinket or what.

when i tried your macro above it didnt switch back to my previous target?

Deleted
    When does haste stop being "good" as a GoSup Destruction lock?
    Right now I sit at around 21.60% raidbuffed and with Backdraft I cast my Incinerates in less than 1 second.
    How fast can we cast before hitting some kind of GCD minimum-point?

It's abit uncomfortable with this much haste and I can only imagine how much more uncomfortable it will get with the new meta gem and let's say the VP trinket.

EDIT: Maybe I should go with haste = Mastery -> Crit as you mentioned in your excellent guide:
    "Sup/Shivarra Haste == Mastery > Crit"

But that feels weird too cause I've always kept crit as the second stat to reforge to! Hmm!
    Last edited by mmocc408757861; 2013-03-12 at 10:21 PM.

when i tried your macro above it didnt switch back to my previous target?
    You should never switch targets in the first place! The macro just casts Havoc on your focus. Your target shouldn't switch from whatever you had it on before.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    When does haste stop being "good" as a GoSup Destruction lock?
    Right now I sit at around 21.60% raidbuffed and with Backdraft I cast my Incinerates in less than 1 second.
    How fast can we cast before hitting some kind of GCD minimum-point?

It's abit uncomfortable with this much haste and I can only imagine how much more uncomfortable it will get with the new meta gem and let's say the VP trinket.

EDIT: Maybe I should go with haste = Mastery -> Crit as you mentioned in your excellent guide:
    "Sup/Shivarra Haste == Mastery > Crit"

But that feels weird too cause I've always kept crit as the second stat to reforge to! Hmm!
    My most recent theorycrafting suggests that for single target, keeping Haste and Crit rating roughly even, at the expense of mastery is the most optimal way to go.

In actual practical fights however, mastery will be significantly better than sims would suggest, so we may be in the same place as Demo where Haste==Crit==Mastery is the way to go for practical applications of theory.

Regardless, for fights where you spend a lot of time using SBurn/CBolt, Sac with stacking mastery is your best bet (Horridon, Primordius, etc etc)
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-03-12 at 10:24 PM.

So here's a dumb question. Had a little luck in the LFR today and got the 502 Shoulders, Wand and Wushoolay's Final Choice trinket off one run.

The question being, at what point is it worth breaking 4pc bonus if 3 of the pieces are 483, and is the WFC trinket a better option than LFR EoT? Other trinket is 2/2 DMF Trink.
    Last edited by Elutem; 2013-03-12 at 10:29 PM.

So is Relic or Heroic LotC better for Destruction? Trying to decide which to replace with the Hydra trinket.