Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    On normal you can hit every head spawn with a non-MF'd RoF. (Put it basically right between the far right and the far left spawn)

On heroic you can't hit every head spawn with a non-MF'd RoF (though the only combo you can't is Venom/Arcane)
    Stupid question.. would that far right/far left on normal be between the heads then?

was going to share my awesome paint skills but was unfortunately not allowed to post an image until a few more posts but you are free to use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by apo View Post
    Stupid question.. would that far right/far left on normal be between the heads then?

was going to share my awesome paint skills but was unfortunately not allowed to post an image until a few more posts but you are free to use your imagination

Deleted
    Is it because of weird hitboxes or is Rain of Fire bugged ?
    I've aggroed the Council yesterday while showing RoF radius to someone although I was sooo far away (with MF though). And I can hit Mar'li even though she isn't in the reticule.

Deleted
    If you send in a melee minion you'll notice the hitbox on Magera is huuuuge!

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Is it because of weird hitboxes or is Rain of Fire bugged ?
    I've aggroed the Council yesterday while showing RoF radius to someone although I was sooo far away (with MF though). And I can hit Mar'li even though she isn't in the reticule.
    RoF hits everywhere in the target reticle. However, a lot of the boss hitboxes in ToT are WAY bigger than their actual ground red circle. As a result you can have RoF ticking in the middle of nowhere and hit a lot of these bosses.

Megeara is a good example. Horridon can get RoF'd almost by the door if you have him near-ish to the door you're on.

Deleted
    How do you people use the Lei Shen trinket as Destruction? I notice Brusalk runs with it, and I just got mine today, but it procs very erratically, and most of the time at complete and utter crap times. Simcraft does show it as a 2.5k dps upgrade over a 2/2 normal Sha trinket though.

Are there any tricks you can pull with the Lei Shen trinket? Should I drop everything I'm doing and use a /stopcasting /cast Chaos Bolt macro the moment it procs? As Affliction it's really clear, SB:SS when it procs and you're done.

Also, the stat weights in simcraft switch so much it's unbelievable. I've gone from crit>haste>mastery to crit>mastery>>haste to haste>>mastery>crit within gaining one ilvl and switching some reforges.

And one more thing, Soul Leech at Lei Shen = insane.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-03-18 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    How do you people use the Lei Shen trinket as Destruction? I notice Brusalk runs with it, and I just got mine today, but it procs very erratically, and most of the time at complete and utter crap times. Simcraft does show it as a 2.5k dps upgrade over a 2/2 normal Sha trinket though.

Are there any tricks you can pull with the Lei Shen trinket? Should I drop everything I'm doing and use a /stopcasting /cast Chaos Bolt macro the moment it procs?

Also, the stat weights in simcraft switch so much it's unbelievable. I've gone from crit>haste>mastery to crit>mastery>>haste to haste>>mastery>crit within gaining one ilvl and switching some reforges.
    I believe a little further back in the thread there was a comment stating it's better to use it for an immolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post

Are there any tricks you can pull with the Lei Shen trinket? Should I drop everything I'm doing and use a /stopcasting /cast Chaos Bolt macro the moment it procs? As Affliction it's really clear, SB:SS when it procs and you're done.

And one more thing, Soul Leech at Lei Shen = insane.
    It's a trinket I don't stress over. Not worth it :P

The only thing I do is make sure I get one Immo off on a target that'll last for it's duration.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I believe a little further back in the thread there was a comment stating it's better to use it for an immolate.
    I had a slight DPS gain in simc switching the chaos bolt line to Immolate instead for when the trinket procced.

I also tried using Fel Flame to refresh stats on Immo instead of hard-casting Immo and it was a wash there. Both gave pretty much identical DPS.

Sup guys !

We killed tortos tonight, and I saw a strange bug when focusing the spinning turtles : when I chaos bolted them, it would sometimes not hit them, but instead just spin around it forever... Anyone encountered this bug aswell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Sup guys !

We killed tortos tonight, and I saw a strange bug when focusing the spinning turtles : when I chaos bolted them, it would sometimes not hit them, but instead just spin around it forever... Anyone encountered this bug aswell ?
    Visual only effect, but yes. IIRC all travel time spells will hit their target at a maximum of like 0.5 seconds or something like that.

Brusalk,
    i would like like to thank you for helping get a better grip on my Lock my guild kept trying to have my play afficination and i never really liked that spec, so i was tring demon for abit and then i found you guild and now i'm fighting for top dps in my guild as before i was mid or fighting with the tanks for lowest dps ( hint i was not very go at affication lol) so thank you for this guild. there is once question i have what are the stat weights for a destro lock because i use reforgelite and would like to get that right so i dont spend tons of gold reforging

Hey thanks again for those that contribute to this thread (Brusalk, Zum,...). Made a nice rank 18th on Iron Qon tonight
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

i am considering to play Destro on Tortos, Horidon and possibly Megaera.

Reading the guide, i conclude that Gosac is the best option.

In such case, am I right to assume my reforge priority must be Mastery >> Haste >> Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by miasmah View Post
    i am considering to play Destro on Tortos, Horidon and possibly Megaera.

Reading the guide, i conclude that Gosac is the best option.

In such case, am I right to assume my reforge priority must be Mastery >> Haste >> Crit?
    Tortos/Horridon yeah sac is probably best with Mastery > Crit > Haste.

However on megaera you'd be better off going with Sup as you need single target damage on one mob.

Deleted
    GoSup is also not bad on horridon as you can send you pet on horridon all the time and it will do 50% bonus dmg/100%/150% etc after each gate all the time!

So sorry that Im still not sure with this GCD problem with backdraft and bloodlust... are we sure that Simcraft is using the GCD after a hardcast? or does it only applies this when using instant casts? This is more a question for the developers of the tool I guess but maybe someone here knows this too.
    So if doesn't applies a GCD after a hardcast it would just calculate a incinerate all 0.7 sec and so on during bloodlust making haste the best for sure!
    Last edited by mmoca54f789dce; 2013-03-19 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    Somehow gosup with observer on the boss gave me better results on tortos than earlier wipes when i was running gosac (i even reforged). Need to check the logs properly, but my pet was doing ~15% of my dmg. I must say that even tho I got ranked with 168k I wasnt very good at havoc sniping the bats (they didnt last for too long). Maybe then gosac would triumph.

Of course it applies a GCD.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Deleted
    I recently ran my Warlock through SimC, and it tells me that GoServ Succubus is a .5k DPS increase over GoSup observer.
    Can this be right?

Doesn't sound too far-fetched - they're within 100 dps of each other in full T15H gear. Individual differences in gear might easily sway things in GoServ's favor, like if you have an ICD trinket that happens to sync up with the GoServ cooldown.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a nice post written and ready to go about where I am on the haste thing, but it seems to have been eated. Essentially, don't worry about haste this tier unless you're sitting at 29% unbuffed (12,331 rating). At that point (or maybe a bit sooner, still working that out), you're reintroducing RoF into your single target rotation again. The additional cast time reduction of CB is offset by the "wait" periods of waiting for the GCD of Incin if you haste past 1 sec casts, and you start wasting lust at that point. There's a lot of "it depends," "but," and "oh wait, if you do THAT" involved with this, some of it I'm still trying to wrap my head around, but that seems to be the essential. If you're at that much haste right now, you're probably doing so at the expense of crit and mastery, and probably have much higher stat weights for those. With the Volatile trinket, my recommendation is to get rid of it as soon as you can upgrade out of it. It's too much haste in 10 second intervals. There's no real good level to sit at where the trinket is better than any other.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!