1. #401
    Would be pretty cool if FnB was an ability, like... press the button and FnB is on and active, everything you do is now an AoE untill FnB is cancelled. But, you have no Ember generation while active, or your generation is severely reduced and FnB costs... something to activate.
    Something similar to the Combat Rogue thing they activate to cleave.

    I don't know if it would work out well, but I would sure like to try it!

  2. #402
    Hi guys,

    I got some problem concerning my stuff. Is it worth to break my 2 and 4 part T14 bonus to equip normal/heroic stuff from ToT (non T15) ? My gain is about +800 intel ans +3% in primary stats, but of course I'd loose instead both bonuses from the T14. Which is the best option ? Should I wait until I have two T15 pieces to break my T14 bonus ?

    Other question: which is the best trinket between the Relic and the Volatile Talisman for destro, knowing that I've upgraded my Relic ?

  3. #403
    Stood in the Fire Aeiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Asurboobz View Post
    Hi guys,

    I got some problem concerning my stuff. Is it worth to break my 2 and 4 part T14 bonus to equip normal/heroic stuff from ToT (non T15) ? My gain is about +800 intel ans +3% in primary stats, but of course I'd loose instead both bonuses from the T14. Which is the best option ? Should I wait until I have two T15 pieces to break my T14 bonus ?

    Other question: which is the best trinket between the Relic and the Volatile Talisman for destro, knowing that I've upgraded my Relic ?
    We don't know. Please please please sim these things yourself as it saves both ours and your own time.


    That being said, with my own gear level it was worth it to lose my 4 piece to gain higher stated off pieces(I did not have heroic tier though).

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'd rather it wasn't a togglable ability. It's much easier to remember "Press this button before I cast a spell to AoE" than "Hmm.. Do I have an Ember AND do I actually want to use this spell as an AoE AND Is the spell active right now?"
    It just feels extremely clunky because of how Embers work vs Soul Shards. Coming from a long time Afflock it literally feels like FnB is on GCD with all the other abilities (when I know it's not) and you can't properly activate it like you can with Soulburn. I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    That being said, with my own gear level it was worth it to lose my 4 piece to gain higher stated off pieces(I did not have heroic tier though).
    Was worth it for me to break my 4 piece T14H upgraded 2x in favor of 2 piece T15N. For whatever face value that's worth.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It just feels extremely clunky because of how Embers work vs Soul Shards. Coming from a long time Afflock it literally feels like FnB is on GCD with all the other abilities (when I know it's not) and you can't properly activate it like you can with Soulburn. I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy.
    It does feel clunky, it must be some hidden GCD or a bug triggering the GCD because you cannot spam both FnB and another spell at the same time like you can with Soul Burn.

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmo View Post
    It does feel clunky, it must be some hidden GCD or a bug triggering the GCD because you cannot spam both FnB and another spell at the same time like you can with Soul Burn.
    That's exactly what I was trying to describe but kinda failed at it. Thank you!

  7. #407
    Are y'all referring to using F&B not being able to que up while a F&B+Immo/Incin is casting or something else?

    I know it's a bit clunky and sucks that we can't que it.

    Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Immolate
    #showtooltip
    /cast Fire and Brimstone
    /cast Incinerate
    I do use the 2 macros and what I've been able to work with it is that with my TukUI, the F&B (including the showtooltip macros) icon greys out during the cast of a F&B Immolate/Incinerate/ and Conflag. Since I can't que it because doing so causes me to cast without the F&B, I've been waiting for the icon to ungrey/castbar to finish before using my keybind for the macro.

    To summarize:
    - Don't use the macro/keybind until the cast actually finishes. Trying to que it or spam the keybind before it finishes will result in a un-F&B spell.


    I wish they could make it que though a lot easier. If I reiterated someone else's explaination, I apologize. Also, I'm not trying to teach or say this is just how I've been trying to cope with it.

  8. #408
    well they could just make it similar to meta, so that it is a form of stance you change into, and once you're out of embers(if you are out of embers) it will automatically put you out of it like with meta when you run out of fury. i think that would be the easiest way but afaik the macros with FnB works just fine, its just they arent spammable at all, and it is annoying that you end up casting a non-FnB incinerate when you wanted a FnB incinerate. it feels kinda clunky that your macro can be buggy like this and then have to do it manually.
    Last edited by almara2512; 2013-03-19 at 11:52 PM.

  9. #409
    Rather not have a macro that could ruin my DPS if I hit it twice on accident/while spamming. It's really ineffective to not spam your buttons, which sounds silly but is true.

  10. #410
    Yeah, I've always hated FnB for this reason. Esp with the Destro GCD (unrelated, but I already almost always double cast CoE - blah). Would love to see a toggle or a redesign altogether. Basically, I'd like to only have to press FnB about as often as I press RoF. Design accordingly.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It just feels extremely clunky because of how Embers work vs Soul Shards. Coming from a long time Afflock it literally feels like FnB is on GCD with all the other abilities (when I know it's not) and you can't properly activate it like you can with Soulburn. I dunno, maybe I'm just crazy.[COLOR="red"]

    That's because it is.

    FnB has a GCD of its' own, however since it is a buff on the player you cannot cast a second FnB until the buff is off of the player again. As a result, when you are casting AoE spells that have a cast time you can't queue up another FnB until after the current cast finishes and the buff is removed from you.

    That's what I was trying to prevent with my idea, while keeping the core mechanic exactly the same as before.


    (In an effort to be more descriptive):

    Currently you do the following:
    Cast FnB -> Cast Spell -> wait -> Cast FnB -> Cast Spell -> ...

    If they made it so that it removed the buff from the player when the spell cast starts, however if the spell is interrupted it puts the buff back on you at no cost. If you queue a second FnB and it gets overwritten by a refresh due to an interrupted spell, then the player gains an ember.

    That way you have the following scenarios (all of which are identical to how it functions today, with the benefit of being able to cast another FnB while casting a FnB'd spell already and thus queue up your second ability):


    Cast normal spell A, then while A is casting cast FnB, then queue up a FnB'd A
    Cast FnB'd spell A, then while A is casting cast FnB, then queue up FnB'd A again
    Cast FnB'd spell A, then while A is casting it's interrupted. FnB buff isn't consumed and remains on player.
    Cast FnB'd spell A, then while A is casting cast FnB. While A is still casting it is interrupted. Interrupt refreshes FnB buff, caster gains 1 ember. (Is back to ember amount they had before casting the 2nd FnB)


    The first and 3rd are what happens currently, while the 2nd and 4th are only possible with the new method.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Milmo View Post
    It does feel clunky, it must be some hidden GCD or a bug triggering the GCD because you cannot spam both FnB and another spell at the same time like you can with Soul Burn.
    FnB has a normal GCD, however it shares it with just itself and doesn't trigger the normal GCD. You cannot cast a second FnB while it's on it's local GCD.

    In addition to that, you cannot cast a FnB while you have a pre-existing FnB buff on your character. The FnB buff is removed off of your character at the end of the cast. As a result you cannot cast a second FnB until your client registers that you have sent a successful spell-cast while the buff is on you. As a result we have to wait for the client to request updated aura information, get back the info and remove the player's FnB buff before we can cast a second FnB. This means after a FnB'd spell finishes we still have to wait an amount of time equal to 2*your ping to the server. If I had a ping to the server for combat data of 50ms, that means I am FORCED to wait at least 100ms until after my spell cast finishes before I can cast another FnB'd spell.

    That's the clunkyness you're running into and are feeling. It also gets way worse when you have a worse ping to the server. (For example being an Aussie and trying to AoE destro on a US server would be TERRIBLE. .5-.75 sec between AoE. OUCH)

  12. #412
    Ya I like that idea a lot, actually. Too bad Blizz will never do it - too game breaking!

  13. #413
    prolly the easiest way to fix it and make macro'ing it pointless is to simply make FnB a passive ability that "creates" new version of spells like incinerate, conflag, immolate and coe that can only be casted if you have an ember, basically, it does the same as now, just without having to manually push FnB.

  14. #414
    /castsequence reset=1 fire and brimstone, spellname

    The above macro has yet to fail me, but it you have fnb already it will not do anything. Feel free to improve on it.

  15. #415
    Which 2 trinket do you guys think would be good for destro? I already have Hydra but I was wondering if I should pick up the VP or not vs Wush, Vision or Cha-Ye.

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaeo View Post
    Which 2 trinket do you guys think would be good for destro? I already have Hydra but I was wondering if I should pick up the VP or not vs Wush, Vision or Cha-Ye.
    im fairly sure that cha-ye's is BiS due to the way it scales with crit and haste, other than that, im not exactly sure, i would imagine the VP is great until you have acces to hc versions, then i would prolly stick with cha-ye's hc and wush hc.

  17. #417
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,033
    I went for the VP trinket mostly cause it was the best way to spend my valor. It's not like there were many items or things to spend valor on anyway, so I just went and spent it on what was the biggest upgrade for me. Depending on drops you won't have much to spend your valor on in a short while anyway. So taking the opportunity and getting an upgrade NOW, seems like a better idea then sitting on valor and not spending it.
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  18. #418
    So guys would you say that speccing, gemming and reforging like HE does would be the way to go for most fights in Throne of Thunder heroic?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Nafiy/simple

  19. #419
    Thats sacrifice gemming with very high ilvl. If you are planning on using gosac and have similiar gear then by all means, go ahead. If not then i suggest you do the thinking and simming by yourself.

  20. #420
    I wish F&B was like a "stance" similar to bladeflurry that once active, just uses a ember to trigger its AoE effect.

    It's a bit tedious :\

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •