^ Been wondering similar things with trinkets and have asked about three times in this thread with no reply. :P

The real PPM stuff really makes these new trinkets annoying and hard to predict and plan for, unlike trinkets such as LotC where I can track the ICD and pretty much proc it on demand with RoF.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Brusalk;20574766]It depends on what layout you're using. Tidyplates has lots. Threatplates is one, Quatre is another.

I use Quatre. (one of the built in ones)[COLOR="red"]

Ye well i've been using that also, is there any other settings i need to make in there. Because everything i change doesnt seem to work, well except for the build in ones.

Deleted
    Try getting your hands on the Wushoolay's Final Choise! (Sorry, don't know how to link items on these boards).
    The PPM on that one is said to be really low, but it almost always procs when you pull and often proccs twice in a row, and rarely do I have to wait over a minute to make it proc again.

I don't know if hits and stuff has anything to do with the proc rate, but I'm at 7000 haste and in like... 80% of the time there is a RoF ticking too.

The RPPM really works well, I like it!

Deleted
    Try getting your hands on the Wushoolay's Final Choise! (Sorry, don't know how to link items on these boards).
    The PPM on that one is said to be really low, but it almost always procs when you pull and often proccs twice in a row, and rarely do I have to wait over a minute to make it proc again.

I don't know if hits and stuff has anything to do with the proc rate, but I'm at 7000 haste and in like... 80% of the time there is a RoF ticking too.

The RPPM really works well, I like it!
    I got it yesterday on H. Council, only used it once before the end of raid : 3 procs in a row in 1'35, 60% uptime on Tortos H It must have been a very lucky pull. I got a problem that I really didn't expect though, I already had all my hit reforged out so 1600 more hit plus 2 new i528 items with hit too... I'm screwed.

Made a video of Horridon 25H too.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-21 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ads

Deleted
    Yeah, it sometimes proc that often. That's not super unusual. And at 8+ stacks your Chaos Bolts will hit harder than under Dark Soul... This trinket pwns.

Hello !

I'm gonna make a horde warlock but I do not know which race to choose... I like all of them so I'm asking for the "best" one.

Homophobia is so gay.

Pretty sure for T15 that troll is the best race.

Deleted
    Well, as many would say, a race isn't that important and doesn't add that much dammage.

Though, there are some specifics that might help you choose :

Orc is great for pet dammage +2%, and a 2mn cd adding spellpower. And if you have a wand or a sword, you'll get 1% hit.
    Goblin has the 1% haste that helps a lot when trying to reach caps.
    Troll is really great for an affliction warlock for the mini lust. And it has the 5% dammage on beasts, which is great for ToT especially.
    BloodElf isn't that great, though it has an additional CS.
    Finally, Undead is really good for pvp (anti fear + self heal on corpses), and has a cool dammage addition that procs a lot.

Overall, many would say Orc or Goblin would be best, but I'm sure you'll find Undead and Troll very cool too. BloodElf is definitely the worst.

Deleted
    Orc is great for pet dammage +2%, and a 2mn cd adding spellpower. And if you have a wand or a sword, you'll get 1% hit.
    Orcs don't get hit when wielding a sword (never did ?) or a wand (not anymore since 5.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Orcs don't get hit when wielding a sword (never did ?) or a wand (not anymore since 5.1).
    Humans get the 1% from sword i'm pretty sure. That is probably where he got confused.

[QUOTE=pufyanny;20580156]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It depends on what layout you're using. Tidyplates has lots. Threatplates is one, Quatre is another.

I use Quatre. (one of the built in ones)[COLOR="red"]

Ye well i've been using that also, is there any other settings i need to make in there. Because everything i change doesnt seem to work, well except for the build in ones.
    I had a similar issue setting mine up, it boiled down to setting both my primary and secondary to Quattro DPS then making sure I had changed the setting in the dps section of the plates.

Thanks everyone for the replies ! I'll probably roll Gobelin or Orc 'cause I already have a troll !

Homophobia is so gay.

Yeah I went race changed to goblin for the extra haste when I used to play nothing but affliction. I love the rocket jump now though lol. I'm going to pick up engineering for the glove/rocket belt so I can really feel like a true goblin. I thought about going Orc for the pet passives but I wasn't sure if it would make a noticeable difference, especially with GoSac.

Sigh @destruction

I am so utterly frustrated after my first week of raiding as destro. I have compared my world of logs with top destro dps'ers and (padding aside) it is obvious that I am not keeping rain of fire up nowhere near enough no matter what I try. My best is like 50% uptime compared to 90% from top dps'ers(for example, but not only mageria). This means I have less embers and this less chaos bolts.

With avoiding boss mechanics, needing to burn embers, and the ridiculously short duration of rof I don't see how it's remotely possible to keep that kind of uptime and still have time to do much else in fights like mageria.

Am I missing something completely?

I agree Delvaz, I typically don't look at top dps locks but rather try to beat my simulation dps. Either case, my uptime on RoF is pretty non existant on single target fights, what is the priority for rain of fire in our rotation? I usually try to squeeze one in after I conflag, finish backdrafting, and after immo refresh. It still seems incredibly low, usually around 30-40%.

Deleted
    Yea I also cant keep RoF up a lot in singel target fights because I will run into mana issues pretty quick when trying no maintain it up all the time! I just pullt it out when I see that I have high mana levels and casting CB when it gets to low but Im also not getting more then 30-40% uptime

I keep RoF up about 80% of the time. It kind of surprises me that only recently people have been doing that as Destro.(Then again it's been a long time since destro was competitive) But I looked at the tooltip for RoF and saw that it generates embers and thought "Seems like that would be a dps increase to keep it up" Looks like I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    I keep RoF up about 80% of the time. It kind of surprises me that only recently people have been doing that as Destro.(Then again it's been a long time since destro was competitive) But I looked at the tooltip for RoF and saw that it generates embers and thought "Seems like that would be a dps increase to keep it up" Looks like I was right.
    It was neutral on single target if the target took every tick prior to 5.2. Now in 5.2 there's a bug or something that led to more ember generation from RoF, making it better.

Deleted
    I tried keeping rof as much as possible on a dummy yday (single dummy, no cleavi g). 5 min tries. This resulted in huuuge dps gain and 37% of my dmg was comming from chaos bolts. Normal gosup haste=crit>mastery setup. I was thinking about getting more mastery then, since my dmg shifted towards ember consumers. Gonna try gosac but i doubt it will triumph in this scenario.

Deleted
    Well for me this far in raiding, and we're "only" at the boss after Dark Animus, whatever his/hers/its name is; GoSac hasn't been better than GoSup nor GoServ in any fight, not even Horridon. Not for me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 11:01 AM ----------

Ohh and btw, just a general question regarding any and all specs of any and all classes:

Why do we frown so upon meter padding?
    Are people glued to worldoflogs or what's the deal? I sometimes feel I missed something.