Is destro still best for Heroic Megaera even if you can't snipe the adds with shadowburn? My guild is running 3 destro locks and it seems nigh impossible to get a shadowburn off before the adds die, which is VERY frustrating. The other locks in raid are complaining about it too, they cant generate embers from shadowburns on adds or havok cleave at all.

We must have other classes in raid group that snipe execute too because we have the same problem on Horridon, once a mob hits 20% its dead. Havok 3x Shadowburn never happens.

And I'm the top dps lock in our raid group, so I know its not the other locks getting all the snipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Is destro still best for Heroic Megaera even if you can't snipe the adds with shadowburn? My guild is running 3 destro locks and it seems nigh impossible to get a shadowburn off before the adds die, which is VERY frustrating. The other locks in raid are complaining about it too, they cant generate embers from shadowburns on adds or havok cleave at all.

We must have other classes in raid group that snipe execute too because we have the same problem on Horridon, once a mob hits 20% its dead. Havok 3x Shadowburn never happens.

And I'm the top dps lock in our raid group, so I know its not the other locks getting all the snipes.
    Most execute are like shadowburn available when the HP is 20%, think the only exception is drainsoul and rogue dispatch (35%).

But you have to understand that when a mob hits 20% it will be up at best for few seconds because you will still have a ton of dots, aeo and cleave going on before you can use shadowburn plus depending on latency other people may be able to use their execute faster.

Even in my 10 man group adds usually die before I manage to get a shadowburn off, and I'm the only one in the group (most of the time) that has a spam-able execute.

Deleted
    Most execute are like shadowburn available when the HP is 20%, think the only exception is drainsoul and rogue dispatch (35%).
    Drain Soul is 20%.
    Soul Reaper for DKs is 35% too.

Deleted
    I think he meant that you can actually cast drain soul before the mob hits 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question about Horridon HM:
    Any benefits in using glyphed imp on pink dinosaur of love? Or w/o it?
    Unglyph it. The imp saves up embers untill it can cast three Bolts in a row with the glyph causing the Pinkolovosaurus to not only reach you but also killing you if you are unaware of this. Without the glyph its being kept on constant distance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post
    Unglyph it. The imp saves up embers untill it can cast three Bolts in a row with the glyph causing the Pinkolovosaurus to not only reach you but also killing you if you are unaware of this. Without the glyph its being kept on constant distance.
    a few pages earlyer someone stated, that the glyphed firebolts burst knocks the dino back 2 times, and therefore it is useful if you care for switching the pet between boss / dino / adds.
    The glyph still offers no DPS increase as discussed a hell lot of time here^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    a few pages earlyer someone stated, that the glyphed firebolts burst knocks the dino back 2 times, and therefore it is useful if you care for switching the pet between boss / dino / adds.
    The glyph still offers no DPS increase as discussed a hell lot of time here^^
    I guess Im lazy, Im going with a Sacrifice build and due to the Lovedino I just Flame of Xorroth (or whatever its called nowadays) to resummon the imp in the last phase so I dont have to pay attention to it.

Hi, i've played with both a full mastery and a crit/haste build and they both seem to do well. However my guild has almost progressed to Lei Shen (normal) and I was wondering which build would be more suitable, considering we may spend a while wiping here I want to squeeze out any possible dps. It is a mostly single target fight, so I expect to use grimoire of supremacy, but considering there are adds to aoe down, what would be better a full mastery or crit/haste build?

Warlock noob here.
    I wasn't playing my warlock for a while(too many alts), but decided to try out Destro today.
    I sim'ed my toon and the stat priority displays, Crit>Haste>Mastery.

Is crit better at low ilvls?
    My crit is at 10.7%. Mastery is at 59% and haste at 9%. Using Glyph of Supremacy with Observer/Imp.

Trinkets I'm using are the SPA and the LFR Lei Shen crit one, which is all I have.
    Wasn't sure if the short duration crit proc is good for Destro, but besides those, the only trinket I have is a blue dungeon trinket.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    Hi, i've played with both a full mastery and a crit/haste build and they both seem to do well. However my guild has almost progressed to Lei Shen (normal) and I was wondering which build would be more suitable, considering we may spend a while wiping here I want to squeeze out any possible dps. It is a mostly single target fight, so I expect to use grimoire of supremacy, but considering there are adds to aoe down, what would be better a full mastery or crit/haste build?
    At least on normal Lei Shen, dps in the first phase isn't all that important and not important at all during the transition phases, but bursting down the ball lightnings in the second and third phases is really important. Mastery buffs F&B and will make your SB snipes that much more powerful. Go with a full mastery build.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quick question on chaos bolt and procs... does it take proc when the cast finishes or when it actually hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Quick question on chaos bolt and procs... does it take proc when the cast finishes or when it actually hits?
    It snapshots your stats when your cast goes off.

Just found a helpful post, plz ignore my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    It snapshots your stats when your cast goes off.
    Do you mean when the CB leaves your hands/when the CB is being cast/when the CB hits the target?

Deleted

Question

Anybody well versed in Simulationcraft?
    I would like to test the following 2 scenari instead of FnB rotation for AOE, but not sure how to rewrite the AOE lines in simcraft

A.
    Keep RoF
    Chaos bolt spam
    Shadowburn spam when < 20%

B.
    Keep RoF
    Keep (FnB) Immolate
    Chaos bolt spam

I once saw a demo who did way more dmg than I with CB spam while I was doing FnB AOE, unfortunately I don't have the logs neither did I check his ilvl vs mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Do you mean when the CB leaves your hands/when the CB is being cast/when the CB hits the target?
    when the CB leaves your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Anybody well versed in Simulationcraft?
    I would like to test the following 2 scenari instead of FnB rotation for AOE, but not sure how to rewrite the AOE lines in simcraft

A.
    Keep RoF
    Chaos bolt spam

B.
    Keep RoF
    Keep (FnB) Immolate
    Chaos bolt spam

I once saw a destro who did way more dmg than I with CB spam while I was doing FnB AOE, unfortunately I don't have the logs neither did I check his ilvl vs mine.
    A should keep FnB Immo up too

FnB Inc or CB depends on how many adds you hit (sorry i cant confirm a strict number but i'd guess about 7)

Deleted
    What do you thing about the new tier set bonuses ? Do they worth it ?

I don't know about the second one; it looks way underwhelming.

Deleted
    Hey guys, hope your all well.

I just need some insight here as i am slightly confused. I have followed this thread very closely however i feel i am still doing something wrong.
    As I am a new user i cannot post a link to my armory. My Warlock is called Dadi EU - Twisting Nether

As you can see i have taken Grim Sac and from my understanding with this i should go Mastery >> Crit/Haste. Sorry to say i don't have any logs to show, but ill get one uploaded after a raid im doing on saturday. My issue is that my dps generally feels a little low single target 90-100k. Could someone look at my armory, and advise if I am reforging and geming accordingly>?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadi187 View Post
    Hey guys, hope your all well.

I just need some insight here as i am slightly confused. I have followed this thread very closely however i feel i am still doing something wrong.
    As I am a new user i cannot post a link to my armory. My Warlock is called Dadi EU - Twisting Nether

As you can see i have taken Grim Sac and from my understanding with this i should go Mastery >> Crit/Haste. Sorry to say i don't have any logs to show, but ill get one uploaded after a raid im doing on saturday. My issue is that my dps generally feels a little low single target 90-100k. Could someone look at my armory, and advise if I am reforging and geming accordingly>?
    Have you even read the guide? Grim Sac is a dps loss on single target. Go Grim Sup with the observer. You can still keep a mastery=haste reforge so you do not have to reforge in between fights, but stop using Grim Sac.

Also you're under the hit cap and haven't enchanted your cloak. I'm guessing that's a recent addition though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post

We just started learning HHoridon this week, but I found that Destro AE knocked the dino back pretty damn often. I spam like a mofo, so cant say for sure what spell, but it seemed like FnBing something would knock the dino back as part of the AE.