Quote Originally Posted by Ahzeal View Post
    Brusalk I'm really curious with your stat weights. It seems you are valuing int higher than 2x any secondary stat. However if I SIM your profile in any fight type (patchwork, helterskelter, hecticaddcleave) I always get one of the secondary stats being better than int. Just wondering how you came to decide your weights?

Are you re-geming / re-enchanting between fights also or are you leaving gems and enchants and only changing reforges?

One extra question... you don't have the new meta gem or your value it less than the normal one?
    I don't regem/re-enchant between fights. As a result I take a middle-ground approach and I found that the average of my secondary stats between fight types was below that of int/2. Therefore I gem int and a secondary stat.

Also I'm still at 10/20 secrets. I hate RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    In "real world" situations, pure Mastery gems are most likely worth it. I don't see any reason to gem pure Haste though.
    Fitting spells into the unerring vision window is what i have noticed, being able to cushion chaos bolt and immolate into that 4 sec window without problems has quite a drastic impact on my dps, but i need to be above 30% raid buffed haste to manage that without problems.

In saying that i think any higher than 32.5% haste (which is what i currently have) i would run mastery as the rotation just becomes slightly to insane, i am trying to ignore crit and go haste > mastery (with unerring) mostly because of the passionate hate i have for how hydra never procs when i want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

I'm basically posting because this is absolutely shocking. My evil side laughed. That's all.

Thanks for all your advices, I was switching things over, loosing gold and stuff and after watching evrelia's destro guide updated stat prio said that haste was first so I decided to try that ( never did before ).
    Normally Im running with GoSup with observer but me and my guild were trying to kill Ji-Kun HC 10M and had to use GoSac due to petbugs, becouse Im flying.
    Now I switched to mastery, but also I still got an question.
    Go full mastery? Does it mean, ignore slot bonus and go full +320 mastery gems everywhere? or just like I did ?

Also thru the night I did 50000 simcraft and stat prios ended up like that:

Int 4.41
    SP 3.50
    Hit 2.73
    Crit 2.01
    Haste 1.73
    Mastery 2.05

so according to that I should go mastery>=crit>haste, em I right ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...racha/advanced - Link to my armory.

I don't regem/re-enchant between fights. As a result I take a middle-ground approach and I found that the average of my secondary stats between fight types was below that of int/2. Therefore I gem int and a secondary stat.

And here I thought you just didn't like the legendary meta for destro...

Deleted
    oh i know the feeling of bad RNG all too well, im still at 15/20, slightly better than brusalk atleast but sucks when half my guild are already getting theirs and then also having craptastic lootdrops to boot, often DE'ing half the loot that drop, sucks so badly when it is things like that that you cant do anything about.

AjayxD, afaik the UVLS is a suboptimal trinket for destro as the proc isnt up long enough to benefit properly from the proc, which is why you ned so much haste to pull off a chaos bolt and immolate. afflic or demo would definately be the optimal specs for that particular trinket.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-07 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    I've never wrote about it, nor seen someone talk about it, but don't you have problems with Immolate & FnB Immolate ?
    I mean the behaviour seems very weird, I often can't reapply/refresh Immolate on my main target if there is a FnB Immolate on it after an AoE phase. It has been bugging me since MoP release -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I've never wrote about it, nor seen someone talk about it, but don't you have problems with Immolate & FnB Immolate ?
    I mean the behaviour seems very weird, I often can't reapply/refresh Immolate on my main target if there is a FnB Immolate on it after an AoE phase. It has been bugging me since MoP release -_-
    This was annoying me last night on Durumu.

Deleted
    Yep, quiet annoying when uvls proccs and immolate just says: Oh i'm sorry but overwritting? me? hell no!....
    But the bug is working both ways, you can't overwrite an exisitng normal immolate with a fnb immolate as well as the other way round. (afair form our last horridon hc tries). But additionally i'm not sure if this is a general behavior or just irregular appearances :Y

Deleted
    Unless I'm hallucinating it doesn't seem consistent : sometimes it becomes a regular Immolate, sometimes it doesn't do anything.

Another thing (bug ?) that annoys me to no end is that refreshing a 10 sec immolate brings it to not even 20 sec, while refreshing an 8 sec immolate brings it to up to 23 sec...

I've been trying to pin down exactly when they don't let you refresh Immolate, and I think the problem stems from it being considered the same DoT in the game's engine.

It probably has something to do with stats when casted. IIRC they don't let you overwrite stuff with "weaker" versions (A more powerful spell is already active)

At least the above jives with what I've observed, because sometimes I can refresh an Immolate w/ FnB, and the other way around, and sometimes I have to let an FnB-Immo tick all the way off before applying a normal Immo. (Which is REALLY annoying for when you have to FF for movement.)

Please forgive me if this is already answered but I didn't see it. When you say to stack mastery for those fights it is advantageous to do so on, does that mean mastery>> haste, or is it just crit I should be losing in favor of mastery?

Edit: nevermind. I found the answer. Stupid mobile browser. I guess that means my little plan of haste stacking and doing affliction sigle target and destro multi isn't going to work out.
    Last edited by Herrenos; 2013-05-07 at 02:13 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my primary target, sometimes yes. I'll FnB to refresh Immo's, and it'll consume the Immo on my main target, but still spread as normal elsewhere. I've been trying since release to figure out why that happens and can't think of anything that would trigger that behavior. For a long time I thought it was just my UI not updating to show the new debuff for whatever reason, and I couldn't strip it down and test on dummies to replicate it since I don't know what caused it. I ended up writing down the time in pulls and checking WoL to see if it really was happening, or if it was some UI issue and Immo was there, just invisible.

It may be not being able to overwrite more powerful Immo's, but I've overwritten more powerful immo's with FnB immo's. I didn't notice the strange refresh behavior in regards to time exension, so maybe linked to that?
    Last edited by Medieve; 2013-05-07 at 02:16 PM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Brus any chance on getting an updated copy of you UI? I fund the one from early "12 but not too keen on it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    Brus any chance on getting an updated copy of you UI? I fund the one from early "12 but not too keen on it :/
    TBH my UI is working for my warlock, and not for any of my other toons. I'm not sure exactly what profile everything is under for every addon, so I can't even get it to look right by copying the folder and renaming it.

It's probably not going to happen anytime soon. Sorry

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 07:32 AM ----------

I think the game may consider FnB-Immo to be more powerful than a normal Immo (Which is probably where this problem stems from)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    AjayxD, afaik the UVLS is a suboptimal trinket for destro as the proc isnt up long enough to benefit properly from the proc, which is why you ned so much haste to pull off a chaos bolt and immolate. afflic or demo would definately be the optimal specs for that particular trinket.
    I find personally i get my immolate crit chance to 50% over the course of a fight with UVLS and ill always end up with chaos bolts being cast during the proc, which helps the trinket a Lot for me, the other thing is crit, i personally feel crit really doesnt help destro much more than mastery even with supremacy, so this lets me ignore crit, partially get the benefit from it and keep mastery as my second stat while keeping its stat weight above crit for me.

The downside to hydra is that because destro's only 'steroid' is dark soul it is very difficult to make as much use as other class's if it procs at akward moments, so lets say you got a Cha-ye's proc and 30 ember bits, i can probably get 4 chaos bolts out depending on meta and backdraft procs, the problem with hydra is that i dont really find i get 'double' the use out of that proc even though it comes up half as often.

In saying this when hydra lines up with dark soul ye it is nice, but this is so rare i really have lost interest trying for it.

I can single target about 180k dps as destruction with Uvls, i rarely find i can keep 'consistently' as high with hydra, although there will be random tries where i get silly assed uptime on hydra and can do slightly better, but mostly it is lower damage.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-05-07 at 02:39 PM.

TBH my UI is working for my warlock, and not for any of my other toons. I'm not sure exactly what profile everything is under for every addon, so I can't even get it to look right by copying the folder and renaming it.

It's probably not going to happen anytime soon. Sorry

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 07:32 AM ----------

I think the game may consider FnB-Immo to be more powerful than a normal Immo (Which is probably where this problem stems from)
    Ah ok thanks!

Just one question then, how did you get the boss bars in the lower right hand corner? That is what I'm really looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    Ah ok thanks!

Just one question then, how did you get the boss bars in the lower right hand corner? That is what I'm really looking for.
    Bigwigs. I just customized the look a bit using the ingame config.

Deleted
    Someone in the Demonology thread :
    Finally got my hands on a Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen trinket, and after seeing how buggy Ra-den encounter interracts with Destruction's Havoc, I decided to play around with Demo.
    I've yet to kill Lei Shen H, what is this bug with Havoc on Ra-den ? I'll probably have to exploit the Soul Swap thing anyway, this is just curiosity

Deleted
    It probably has something to do with stats when casted. IIRC they don't let you overwrite stuff with "weaker" versions (A more powerful spell is already active)
    It's exactly this. BUT! The next problem is how blizz has determined which buff is stronger than the other. I just played a little bit on the puppet and for instance the 2000int procc is rated higher than the 100% crit buff. It also seems that the only stat taking into account is int / spellpower. You can overwrite a 30% haste + 100%crit proc immolate with a immolate which is only buffed by jade spirit.

So with bad luck in AoE fights uvls procc is wasted at all...