Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    conclusion: stop regemming for ra-den since I top those meters anyway. plus half of the time the freaking boogers are still in the air when the adds die. min/maxing your gems/reforging becomes rather redundant compared to how you actually play the spec.
    Isn't it pretty much always true that mastery of playstyle and encounter is a far greater dps gain than gemming/reforging? Only time I really justify regemming/reforging is experimentation, progression kills, or chasing ranks.

Im abit confused. guide says like this

For the time being:
    Grim of Sac: Mastery > Haste == Crit
    Grim of Serv/Sup: Haste==Crit > Mastery

but then below it says:

Single Target:

Grimoire/Pet DPS Priority
    Sup/Observer 172596 Mastery == Haste > Crit
    Target Cleave:

Grimoire/Pet DPS Priority
    Sup/Observer 222427 Mastery == Haste > Crit
    so if Observer with Sup is so much superior why does the top say haste=critt>mastery when everything else shows to be mastery==>haste?

also curious about this:

As for gemming, a good rule of thumb is to go Int in all sockets. If the socket bonus provides more than 100 Intellect (or 200+ of a secondary stat), then you should match socket colors. If the socket bonus for any gear with a blue or yellow gem in it is worth gemming over pure Int, then you should go Int/Hit or Int/Expertise, whichever is cheaper to get, for Blue, and Int/Best secondary stat in yellow.
    Im not quite sure i get this. should i put a pure int if the bonus isnt 100+ and i dont need the hit?

beacuse lets say its a yellow socket with 60 bonus. putting a pure int gives me a flat 160 int while a dual stat gives me 80int+bonus of 60=140 and then 160+ of a secondary of my desire.

im really confused haha
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-08-06 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Best is to read Evralias tutorial on Sim C and simming your toon yourself. You can find it in the index sticky.

Keep in mind what type of fight you are preparing for and where most of your damage will come from (ember generators or ember consumers).

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Best is to read Evralias tutorial on Sim C and simming your toon yourself. You can find it in the index sticky.

Keep in mind what type of fight you are preparing for and where most of your damage will come from (ember generators or ember consumers).
    well my warlock is just an alt. but still want to do proper (lfr/normals) but dont want to take it to the edge of simming even more characters. just go with the general stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Im abit confused. guide says like this

but then below it says:

so if Observer with Sup is so much superior why does the top say haste=critt>mastery when everything else shows to be mastery==>haste?

also curious about this:

Im not quite sure i get this. should i put a pure int if the bonus isnt 100+ and i dont need the hit?

beacuse lets say its a yellow socket with 60 bonus. putting a pure int gives me a flat 160 int while a dual stat gives me 80int+bonus of 60=140 and then 160+ of a secondary of my desire.

im really confused haha
    Just go with Haste==Crit > Mastery w/ Obs. The top portion informs the reader that the results below it are/were out of date. I apparently forgot to clean up that section.

As for gemming your intuition is correct. Gems are incredibly straight-forward if you know the rough value of stats. You basically want to know, when given the choice between matching a socket for a bonus and going straight int:
    Is 160 Int > 80 Int + 160 Secondary + Socket Bonus. If so, then match the socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tip about taking destro on Dark Animus H?
    We're having problems at Ra-Den so I guess I'll have to respec for destro again.

Multidot immo and rof on small anima to keep embers up. Dump CBs rest of the time.
    3x sburn on DA as anima die.
    Rest of the fight is just keeping RoF on massives and DA for embers.
    If you're doing matter swaps, get soul link and soul leech. If you're not, might see more dps with sac.
    Lots of padding to be done on this fight, sooooo.... Guess that'sup to you.

Deleted
    FnB+Immo is pretty nice with MF, with RoF to spam CB during the whole encounter (well except when the healers dispel the matter swap 0.1s before you finish your Chaos bolt cast).

10+ Year Old Account
    K thx.
    Sadly, we somehow got managed to KILL HIM .
    But the info is very nice, I'm thinking into the future patch hence Demo+UVLS rotation is likely to be gone after RPPM nerf.

Why even play Destro on DA when you're struggling? Affli does insane burst if you dot up 4 anima golems and boss on pull with bloodlust. If you have UVLS then Demo is also a much better option. Remember Destro does have rampup time (an insane one when you can't abuse RoF). From personal experience I find the first 20s of DA HC being the most important part of the fight. The only fights I personally find Destro appealing with similar gear as you are Horridon, Primordius and Ra-Den.

Deleted
    Why even play Destro on DA when you're struggling? Affli does insane burst if you dot up 4 anima golems and boss on pull with bloodlust. If you have UVLS then Demo is also a much better option. Remember Destro does have rampup time (an insane one when you can't abuse RoF). From personal experience I find the first 20s of DA HC being the most important part of the fight. The only fights I personally find Destro appealing with similar gear as you are Horridon, Primordius and Ra-Den.
    But... Destro is awesome on DA at the pull, there is absolutely no ramp-up with RoF
    And FnB+Immo does wonders.
    (this might be less true in 10man, I only did it once and with a weird strategy without killing adds)
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-08-09 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    But... Destro is awesome on DA at the pull, there is absolutely no ramp-up with RoF
    And FnB+Immo does wonders.
    (this might be less true in 10man, I only did it once and with a weird strategy without killing adds)
    That's a 25m thing sadly. You have to be super spread out in 10. My guilds' strat involves a tank tanking 3 small adds at the beginning though, so with those it's decently easy to build up some embers with RoF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    That's a 25m thing sadly. You have to be super spread out in 10. My guilds' strat involves a tank tanking 3 small adds at the beginning though, so with those it's decently easy to build up some embers with RoF.
    Well we are doing it in 10man because of the holidays and we aren't really that spread, but this is the zerg strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Well we are doing it in 10man because of the holidays and we aren't really that spread, but this is the zerg strategy.
    Our guild recently split up our main raid into 2 raids with half alts/half mains. Haven't gotten to enjoy the wonder that is the zerg strat yet.

Doing it the correct way requires some spread.

im starting my lock up again and im wondering with my current ilvl what gems should we use. im sure im gemmed wrong atm. i was thinking first that destruction for around 500 ilvl is crit>mastery>haste but idk... its confusing

armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Altoice/simple
    and yes i know i need slightly more hit.. but is it crit first then reforge to haste at around 500 ilvl? or haste mastery? or crit mastery... idk

Hi Warlocks,

Quick question: Is it worth replacing 530 Robes of Mutagenic Blood for a LFR tier chest to obtain the 4 set?

- Thanks

4 set is pretty weak by most accounts. Destro with 2pc and otherwise sticking to the max ilvl seems to be stronger. Of course usual "run your own simC" logic applies but just guesstimating that would be my expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    this would be the only way I can see dDestro viable. but still after that it's mainly single target and you have almost 0 benefit from havoc other than for more embers. maybe with lesser gear it's good don't know but shouldn't be for most people by now, definitely not on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    this would be the only way I can see dDestro viable. but still after that it's mainly single target and you have almost 0 benefit from havoc other than for more embers. maybe with lesser gear it's good don't know but shouldn't be for most people by now, definitely not on farm.
    Destro was pretty good for early progression when everyone didn't have gear. Now though with people progressing with tons more gear than we had at the beginning it'd be pretty stupid to be Destro save for a few fights where Destro shines due to fight mechanics.

I'm afraid the same thing will happen to Destro again next tier since it seems the developers don't want to change Destro's mechanics and instead just want to buff coeffs in a balance pass.

Deleted
    To be clear even at 550 item level there is no fight destro sucks on.

Jin - ye . .
    Horridon - Dont see the problem here
    Council - Huge sustained damage with all the ember gen
    Tortos - Aoe is monstrous and can be done while getting bounced around
    Megaera - Extra ember gen, shadowburn embers from adds
    Jikun - Damage buff and aoe
    Durumu - No need for statement
    Primo - Same as above
    DA - Depends on strat, but i see no reason why destruction is bad here
    IQ - Mostly single target which keeps destruction down a bit, but you can make fancy use of the burn phase
    Twins - Extra embers, good aoe, havoc burn
    Lei shen - Aoe is sick for the balls, mobile execute
    Raden - Same comment as Jin

You cant make statements as broad as above when people are asking for advice, if you actually try to play the spec well it is incredibly strong (mostly due to Rof ember gen), you will one in every 5 pulls get better numbers as demo 'IF' your trinket procs, if you wanna play that game then go enjoy.

Bottom line, while we still have rain of fire with the 5.3 mechanics destruction is perfectly viable on every boss in Tot.

Edit - Spelling mistake
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-08-11 at 11:53 PM.