/tar mouseover
    /cast shadowburn

That's the basic way of doing it. You just put your mouse on the mob that you want to sburn and hit that macro. It'll leave your current target so you need to manually switch back, but it will most definitely work to havoc your sburns.

EDIT:
    /tar mouseover
    /cast [harm,nodead][] shadowburn

This is the more sophisticated way of doing it.
    Last edited by Moruff; 2013-10-15 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    how does a working mouseover macro for shadowburn work=)?
    "/cast [@mouseover] Shadowburn"? I haven't tried it myself but I probably should as I'm exceptionally talented at clicking on wrong targets.

Deleted
    But if i don't have my mouse over target will it not work or will it be cast my current target?

Quote Originally Posted by kasajunior View Post
    But if i don't have my mouse over target will it not work or will it be cast my current target?
    then you need to add ; Shadowburn to the macro. so with my example it would be /cast [@mouseover] Shadowburn; Shadowburn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    then you need to add ; Shadowburn to the macro. so with my example it would be /cast [@mouseover] Shadowburn; Shadowburn.
    Thank you, you kind sir.

I've found it necessary to add harm so that if I'm moused over a party member it will cast on the target instead of saying 'Invalid Target'; also you can just add [] after the other conditionals which tells the macro 'under any other conditions just cast'.

Code:
    /use [@mouseover,harm][]Shadowburn

Depending on your keybind setup you may also need to add the following to account for focus casting as well:

Code:
    /use [mod:alt,@focus,harm][@mouseover,harm][]Shadowburn
    The priority is:
    If alt is pressed and an enemy is focused, cast on it.
    If it was not cast on focus, then if moused over an enemy, cast on it.
    If neither condition was met, then cast using normal casting rules (in this case your target).

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    how does a working mouseover macro for shadowburn work=)?
    Code:
    #showtooltip Shadowburn
    /cleartarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    /cast Shadowburn [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn
    /targetlasttarget [@mouseover,harm,nodead]
    This will cast Shadowburn at your mouseover if it's an enemy and not dead, and target otherwise. If you are using it in the mouseover capacity, it will clear your target, and restore your target around the cast to account for the long-standing mouseover Havoc bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    /tar mouseover
    /cast shadowburn

That's the basic way of doing it. You just put your mouse on the mob that you want to sburn and hit that macro. It'll leave your current target so you need to manually switch back, but it will most definitely work to havoc your sburns.

EDIT:
    /tar mouseover
    /cast [harm,nodead][] shadowburn

This is the more sophisticated way of doing it.
    You can include the target conditional inside the brackets, and this way allows you to not lose your current target. Your way does work however. (That will leave your target as your previous mouseover though).

- - - Updated - - -

You can also add an empty conditional such that it's basically the "else" statement in a normal if-then-else conditional. IE

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists][]Shadowburn
    will cast at your mouseover, and if you don't have one, will cast on the target due to the "[]".

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You can include the target conditional inside the brackets, and this way allows you to not lose your current target. Your way does work however. (That will leave your target as your previous mouseover though).
    I was using your macro before, but for some reason it's not spammable. It might double sburn for one charge of havoc but usually not more than that. I think perhaps it has to do with being in the middle of a gcd, spamming the macro, casting sburn in queue, then when sburn actually fires, you've already switched back to your main target, negating the effect of the macro to take advantage of havoc. This was the simplest solution I came up with but it does require a target switch back to your main target.

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    I was using your macro before, but for some reason it's not spammable. It might double sburn for one charge of havoc but usually not more than that. I think perhaps it has to do with being in the middle of a gcd, spamming the macro, casting sburn in queue, then when sburn actually fires, you've already switched back to your main target, negating the effect of the macro to take advantage of havoc. This was the simplest solution I came up with but it does require a target switch back to your main target.
    If you're not hitting it once then yeah that's possible to happen. I haven't encountered it personally yet though.

Deleted
    So I know this has been mentioned here before, but wasn't really a full discussion with a proper conclussion, so I'll toss it in here again.

I just picked up my 4 piece and was wondering how you guys find it the most optimal to use (besides when it happens during other massive int procs of course, then Chaos bolt). But if you don't have much else up, do you refresh Immolate and get a conflag/incin out instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    So I know this has been mentioned here before, but wasn't really a full discussion with a proper conclussion, so I'll toss it in here again.

I just picked up my 4 piece and was wondering how you guys find it the most optimal to use (besides when it happens during other massive int procs of course, then Chaos bolt). But if you don't have much else up, do you refresh Immolate and get a conflag/incin out instead?
    Optimal method in simc is to just continue the normal rotation, with the caveat that simc now prioritizes crit buffs over sp buffs for immolate, so it'll refresh immolate while it is active.

Deleted
    Regarding Shadowburn macro I advise adding in a /stopcasting clause. Especially if you raid with greedy Shadowpriests / other locks.

Deleted
    Hm, until now I've hade different keybinds for mouseover Havoc and focus Havoc, but I never actually considered a mouseover Shadowburn macro. Might try that tonight, since I'm also notoriously awful at clicking the right nameplate, but I have no issues with hovering over them

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    Optimal method in simc is to just continue the normal rotation, with the caveat that simc now prioritizes crit buffs over sp buffs for immolate, so it'll refresh immolate while it is active.
    I think someone also suggested to put a conflag in there to fish for the 2pc proc, then Immolate. Potentially giving you a really high Immolate crit %. So when 4pc procs, conflag==>immolate==>incinerate?

Also, what is the relative value of haste vs crit in multi target situations?
    Simc is also giving me that haste is a higher value in single target than crit, any idea why?

I'm changing to Destro and even knowing about how close Haste and Crit are and the almost irrelevancy of the secondary reforging to destro.....I really don't know if I gonna balance both crit and haste, push my haste until 30%~ to not reach any haste cap without BL or LMG and after go for crit or just go for mastery > crit > haste....

Maybe for AOE I will do: Mastery > haste and Single target Mastery > crit

Or I will reach at 10,1k~ Immo cap and then crit.

So many irrelevant options.... xD

How would the LMG vs Burning Primal Diamond affect realistic situations (occasional adds, extra embers from Sburns)? On one hand, you'll be RoFing in multi-target situations, so that should be haste more attractive. But when you're Havocing pretty much on CD (seems like most fights this tier), especially CBs and Sburns, I'm guessing the extra crit damage is going to be nice and the LMG proc is pretty worthless for ember consumption.

Random question if anyone knows - can you RoF the Crawler Mines on Iron J for embers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazgoth View Post
    I think someone also suggested to put a conflag in there to fish for the 2pc proc, then Immolate. Potentially giving you a really high Immolate crit %. So when 4pc procs, conflag==>immolate==>incinerate?

Also, what is the relative value of haste vs crit in multi target situations?
    Simc is also giving me that haste is a higher value in single target than crit, any idea why?
    Yes, if conflag is available it makes sense to fish for procs before you immolate.

As far as haste/crit in multitarget situations, I understand many argue that haste becomes better. I can understand the theory behind this, but I don't think it plays out that way in most "real" multi-target situations. Reason is because there's not really any situations with long stretches of AoE that don't include ample shadowburn opportunity.

Shadowburn doesn't benefit from haste, used correctly gives more ember regen per cast than your other spells do, and obviously does benefit from crit.

Maybe on really short burst AoE (like 10-12 seconds) haste would be better if sniping shadowburns was difficult or just complete overkill. But where do those actually exist?

Dark Shaman? Our slimes are dead in about 5 seconds, not sure it matters, so i'd rather have the single target setup for the boss (mastery > crit > haste). Not to mention my first global is shadowfury.

Malkorok? our ranged don't aoe, we all purely single target.

So I personally have just kept the mastery > crit > haste so far for all situations...it's worked out just fine.
    Blackfuse? Not sure yet as we start tonight

At least for the way my guild does the bosses, not in SoO, although we start Blackfuse tonight so we'll see about crawler mines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Random question if anyone knows - can you RoF the Crawler Mines on Iron J for embers?
    No. Immune mobs don't generate embers anymore. Was hotfixed pretty early in 5.2, when people were RoF'ing the immune turtles on Tortos for the extra embers.

On a side-note: Sparkuggz finally released his Destro guide. He's saying Mastery > Crit > Haste for single target, and Mastery > Haste > Crit for AoE. Saying that unless you want to reforge on a fight by fight basis, go for Mastery > Crit = Haste, and balance your crit and haste somewhat evenly.

He also says that the Legendary Meta is equal or better than the Burning Meta if you play heavy crit with GoSac, or on AoE fights.

Any thoughts Brusalk?

Single target updates in simc coming through. The evolution of trinkets stomping dark soul has progressed from last tier. This assumes archimonde's, need to test further without. Essentially, we use DS if we have 2 stacks, boss will die before we run out of time on DS, or if we have trinket procs active. Further, we no longer use CB/SB embers if ONLY dark soul is active. If you get a really unlucky trinket drought and you have to use dark soul to prevent it hitting 2 stacks, you want to continue the rotation as normal and just use the ember if you'll cap instead of dumping as many as you can.

Deleted
    Right now I'm trying to balance Crit & Haste instead of favoring either of them. Then again, so far H bosses have only dropped an endless stream of Haste gear so I'm reforging all available Haste to Crit.

On Dark Shamans HC: we run the 3/3/4 tactic, with a Hunter/Ele/Fire Mage and me as DPS. I try to time 2-3 conflags on the slimes, but in all effect they die before I can cast an Incinerate at them. I did some tries yesterday with only bothering to FnB conflag and then snipe (Havoc'd) Shadowburns on the boss. Is there a better way to deal with them from my PoV?