2pc destro isn't very good... 4pc however is very nice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Define amazing? Simcraft pulls this out for both single target and multi-target: immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=n_ticks*crit_pct_current>3*dot.immolate.ticks_remain*dot.immol ate.crit_pct&miss_react

How is blindly casting Immolate when you have a 4pc proc better than actually following the above.
    miss you bro
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Deleted
    Why everyone are looking DPS answers from Sims?! Sims are only for growing your Ego-Penis as large as you can get with comparing to others... Link your WoL here, do good and /flex with that.. The only DPS that matters is what you do in raids, NOT in Simcraft... And if your not satisfied with your dps, go practise or change reforges yourself and try out them in real action!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jappe View Post
    Why everyone are looking DPS answers from Sims?! Sims are only for growing your Ego-Penis as large as you can get with comparing to others... Link your WoL here, do good and /flex with that.. The only DPS that matters is what you do in raids, NOT in Simcraft... And if your not satisfied with your dps, go practise or change reforges yourself and try out them in real action!
    Simcraft is useful in that it's a theoretical excercise under ideal/custom circumstances. You can easily alter variables and see how they would affect output in said circumstances. It's still a simulation, and a very good one at that. It will not and cannot mimic realistic circumstances 1:1. Saying that Simcraft DPS, or action lists derived from trial/error sims, are worthless is beyond me.
    Simcraft allows you to test a certain hypothesis in a systematic manner. It's valuable in the same way that A-B testing is valuable in all sorts of scientific fields, be that alpha/beta/gamma sciences. Those experiments, just like Simcraft sims, will never allow you to make definitive conclusions about real-life occurences or phenomena. Like most experiments they lack ecological validity. But they do allow you to collect reliable, quantitative data, they allow you to test cause-effect relationships while excluding a lot of interfering variables.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-11-07 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry, wrong thread

Can anyone tell me a good way to reforge and gem my gear so that I can play destroy as my primary and switch to affliction as my OS without having to reforge/regem?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Can anyone tell me a good way to reforge and gem my gear so that I can play destroy as my primary and switch to affliction as my OS without having to reforge/regem?
    Just go mastery > haste > crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post

Mastery>Haste to a breakpoint such as 9778 > Crit

Quote Originally Posted by YellowJelloFellow View Post
    Mastery>Haste to a breakpoint such as 9778 > Crit
    9778 isn't a breakpoint for Destruction. 10124 is what you want if you're going for next Immolate tick (which doesn't do much at all but hey everyone loves breakpoints).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    9778 isn't a breakpoint for Destruction. 10124 is what you want if you're going for next Immolate tick (which doesn't do much at all but hey everyone loves breakpoints).
    He's looking for stat weights so he can dual spec affliction.

Deleted
    And 10124 is a breakpoint close to 9778 which works for both specs.

If you were talking about Affli then you were still wrong so I have no idea what you mean. Standards builds are as follow:

Destro: 15% hit>Mastery>Haste(10124)>Crit
    Affli: 15% hit>Haste(9778)>Mastery>Haste>Crit

It makes sense to aim for the 10437 haste mark as this gives immolate another tick under Meta proc / Bloodlust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If you were talking about Affli then you were still wrong so I have no idea what you mean. Standards builds are as follow:

Destro: 15% hit>Mastery>Haste(10124)>Crit
    Affli: 15% hit>Haste(9778)>Mastery>Haste>Crit
    actually for destro its more like 15% hit >mastery> whatever you prefer, there is next to no difference between haste and crit at this point in general. the only reason to go that high in haste is to more easily spec into afflc and reach the 9778 haste BP.

Finally I get my 4tp, I sacrifice an Warforged item for it, but whatever, 4tp is so yummy making every Chaos Bolt don't be a waste without procs.

But I feel the need of some haste to maintain certain uptime of the proc, to optmize the dps, looks like with 4tp crits loses a bit your value in both aoe and ST fights. Have at least 10k~ looks better than 10k~ of crit.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-11-08 at 12:12 PM.

I know it states in the front that gosac/gosup are roughly even. But for a 568 lock with H PBI should I be going GOSAC for single target fights and GOSUP for multi-target? Sparkuggz guide seems to suggest that. What's everyone doing?

Quote Originally Posted by t3kneek View Post
    I know it states in the front that gosac/gosup are roughly even. But for a 568 lock with H PBI should I be going GOSAC for single target fights and GOSUP for multi-target? Sparkuggz guide seems to suggest that. What's everyone doing?
    Since I'he H WF KTT and Normal PBI i just go Gosac every fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kneek View Post
    you should GoSac for every fight. GoSup is only worth using if you are going to use FnB a lot.

GoSup for Thok. Imp dispel is extremely useful.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

thanks for this guide, helped me change from aff to destro so i could get meh green firez