1. #2961
    GoSup for Thok. Imp dispel is extremely useful.
    Cabana Pie Chart US 10th

  2. #2962
    thanks for this guide, helped me change from aff to destro so i could get meh green firez

  3. #2963
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If you were talking about Affli then you were still wrong so I have no idea what you mean. Standards builds are as follow:

    Destro: 15% hit>Mastery>Haste(10124)>Crit
    Affli: 15% hit>Haste(9778)>Mastery>Haste>Crit
    at 562 ilvl i went this route for destro and lost 10k on my sim. went from 306k with mastery >crit> as little haste as possible to 296k. Bummer.

  4. #2964
    how do you guys manage to get off a chaos on 4set? find it nearly imossibel. even with 9k haste

  5. #2965
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    how do you guys manage to get off a chaos on 4set? find it nearly imossibel. even with 9k haste
    It is a 5 sec buff and CB only has a 3 sec cast time before factoring in haste. There is plenty of time to cast one. Do you not use any addons to track to the buff? Also, most people save CBs for stronger procs (DS, trinkets, etc) and use the 4 set bonus for immo to get more embers.

  6. #2966
    Though if you have to choose between getting off a chaosbolt with the 4pc or refreshing immolate in pandemic range go with immolate. The only time to aim for using the 4pc proc with chaosbolt is when you have 3.x embers and will cap in the next couple casts. Its more of a "better than nothing" type proc than something you aim to spend on.

  7. #2967
    The Patient Xtrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Exodar
    Posts
    208
    My friend is too lazy to post on here, so I'm posting for him. He's a 531 Destruction Warlock, and does no DPS.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oulswap/simple

    He wants to stack straight 320 Mastery gems, would that be best for him? I'm trying to help him get better on his Warlock so he'll enjoy playing it. So, any help would be best. Also, can someone list the stat weights and caps for Warlocks so I can relay them?

  8. #2968
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Though if you have to choose between getting off a chaosbolt with the 4pc or refreshing immolate in pandemic range go with immolate. The only time to aim for using the 4pc proc with chaosbolt is when you have 3.x embers and will cap in the next couple casts. Its more of a "better than nothing" type proc than something you aim to spend on.
    To build off that; you can pretty easily get an Immolate + Chaos Bolt within the procs duration at 10124 haste so you can squeeze them both out in either order (Immolate then CB or CB then Immolate).

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    My friend is too lazy to post on here, so I'm posting for him. He's a 531 Destruction Warlock, and does no DPS.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oulswap/simple

    He wants to stack straight 320 Mastery gems, would that be best for him? I'm trying to help him get better on his Warlock so he'll enjoy playing it. So, any help would be best. Also, can someone list the stat weights and caps for Warlocks so I can relay them?
    Int/Mastery in red sockets, Hit/Mastery in blue, Mastery in yellow. He should just go Hit(15%)>Haste(2021)>Mastery>Crit>Haste with his gear or alternatively Hit(15%)>Mastery>Haste=Crit.

  9. #2969
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    My friend is too lazy to post on here, so I'm posting for him. He's a 531 Destruction Warlock, and does no DPS.

    He wants to stack straight 320 Mastery gems, would that be best for him? I'm trying to help him get better on his Warlock so he'll enjoy playing it. So, any help would be best. Also, can someone list the stat weights and caps for Warlocks so I can relay them?
    Woz posted the essentials but I'll just highlight the fact that he isn't hit capped, doesn't have all his sockets gemmed and is missing enchants by the looks of it. Leveling a couple professions could help but at least get him hit capped to start.

  10. #2970
    The Patient Xtrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Exodar
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    To build off that; you can pretty easily get an Immolate + Chaos Bolt within the procs duration at 10124 haste so you can squeeze them both out in either order (Immolate then CB or CB then Immolate).



    Int/Mastery in red sockets, Hit/Mastery in blue, Mastery in yellow. He should just go Hit(15%)>Haste(2021)>Mastery>Crit>Haste with his gear or alternatively Hit(15%)>Mastery>Haste=Crit.
    What are the exact stat weights for Destruction, like from armor?

  11. #2971
    I did a 1 billion dmg dummy parse the other day, self buffed. I wanted to see the best way to optimize 4 piece. Self buffed, I was able to get a 65% crit chance Immolate over 1 billion dmg by doing the following.

    -Incin until 39 emberbits.
    -Start a CB cast and hope that Immo crits and gives me 40 emberbits + 4piece proc. (I've found that this happens quite often. If LMG procs, throw in a RoF before CB cast.) This way CB gets that 15% crit. Even if your CB isn't buffed by 4 piece, it's as if you are doing our normal 35 emberbit CB dump anyway, so it doesn't matter much.
    -After CB, (if 4 piece still isn't up, Incinerate once to activate it) conflag to fish for 2piece, then Immo. Immo will always be in time for 15% from 4 piece if done this way.

    Additionally, there is no downside to pooling up to 39. Now that RoF is largely out of our single target rotation, the only way to passively gain embers while casting something else is through Immolate. Since it's not possible for Immolate to tick twice during my Chaos Bolt (at my haste) there is no waste due to over capping embers. This adds a bit of dps to the rotation without a high risk of overcapping. If you want to ensure that there is absolutely no risk at all, you could do the same thing at 29 emberbits. The only problem here is that if you CB down to 19-20, and then a 10 second RPPM trinket goes off, you can only get 2 CB's out during it, rather than 3.

    Even if you mess up and overcap, it is STILL a dps gain. If no procs or DS are up, and you are casting a purely unbuffed CB, it does X dmg. If you cast a CB with JUST 4 piece, then it is X*1.15 (ish. I know it isn't a 1:1 for crit) This means that for every 7 15% buffed CB's you cast, you are gaining the equivalent dmg of 1.05 (ish) non 15% buffed CB's. It may not be obvious, but this implies that even if you do this method and overcap 1 emberbit EVERY SINGLE TIME, it is STILL a dps increase.

    All of this changes for DS and trinket procs, but a large number of our CB's are unbuffed, so I think it is still relevant.

    Let me know if there are any flaws in the logic.

  12. #2972
    I could use some feedback. I just joined a heroic progression team and I want to perform better. The fights I struggle on are dark shamans (just mass chaos), Spoils ( stuff dies fast and using FnB is useless) and Thok ( the damn interrupts). On THok, I am planning on switching to Afflic but on Shamans and Spoils, if you guys have any general tips to help me, let me know. Should I go affliction for these fights too? BTW on Spoils I am already tab targeting trying to SB snipe.

    Thanks

  13. #2973
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    I could use some feedback. I just joined a heroic progression team and I want to perform better. The fights I struggle on are dark shamans (just mass chaos), Spoils ( stuff dies fast and using FnB is useless) and Thok ( the damn interrupts). On THok, I am planning on switching to Afflic but on Shamans and Spoils, if you guys have any general tips to help me, let me know. Should I go affliction for these fights too? BTW on Spoils I am already tab targeting trying to SB snipe.

    Thanks
    I recommend a mouseover macro for Shadowburn, and include /stopcasting in there as well. I logged out already so can't remember what mine is, but a quick google search should bring it up.

    Dark Shamans is pretty easy (I assume you do split strat?). I glyphed havoc here for the extra burst on pull, this was probably a mistake, but was fun nontheless. Just make sure to have rain of fire down as the adds are spawning and try to cleave off the boss. Saving double conflag here is useful as on 25 man those adds just melt. If you're on 10 man you can solo the blobs no problem so ask your raid leader for this task and enjoy your number one dps spot. Make sure to focus the boss and use a havoc macro to cleave shadowburns from blobs.

    Spoils is another fight you can dominate on. Just focus the big guys, keep rain of fire down at all times on 2+ targets, and make sure you shadowburn snipe everything possible. Havoc on cooldown and get cleaving those shadowburns! I tend to immolate anything that isnt a small add and just chain chaos bolts.

    Thok you can play anything on. Glyph unending resolve for the lower cooldown. Use it at around 8 stacks on first phase for free casting (don't overlap with devo aura) and it will be up again for the bats to spam incinerate. Glyph havoc here for 2x chaos bolts onto jailer and 6x shadowburns from bats to boss.

  14. #2974
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Let me know if there are any flaws in the logic.
    The only issue I can see is you are prioritising ember expenditure during the 4set - if you are skipping procs to do this, it won't be a clearcut win.

    If you mean "use CB with any procs, or when I reach 39bits" - I don't see a dps downside there - but I don't actually reach this that often, unless I have been moving during procs.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-11-12 at 12:22 AM.

  15. #2975
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    The only issue I can see is you are prioritising ember expenditure during the 4set - if you are skipping procs to do this, it won't be a clearcut win.

    If you mean "use CB with any procs, or when I reach 39bits" - I don't see a dps downside there - but I don't actually reach this that often, unless I have been moving during procs. (ie, it won't be a huge gain, still a gain )
    I think it goes without saying that procs outweigh this gain. I am purely talking about unbuffed CB's (which I see a lot of in SoO).

  16. #2976
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    I think it goes without saying that procs outweigh this gain. I am purely talking about unbuffed CB's (which I see a lot of in SoO).
    oops, you beat my edit.

    Most of the time, I have been using the 30 emberbits proc, rather than trying to predict it at X9 emberbits - just because I often find I have periods of unavoidable movement etc, and I will cap out if I run that close. Downside of not having three embers to dump into a trinket proc, but there are downsides to everything :P

  17. #2977
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    oops, you beat my edit.

    Most of the time, I have been using the 30 emberbits proc, rather than trying to predict it at X9 emberbits - just because I often find I have periods of unavoidable movement etc, and I will cap out if I run that close. Downside of not having three embers to dump into a trinket proc, but there are downsides to everything :P
    This is my method.

    I don't hesitate to dump every ember I have during trinket procs unless I get a KTT proc shortly before my ICD on Bindings is up.


    Side note: STILL haven't seen a heroic Bindings (

  18. #2978
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    What are the exact stat weights for Destruction, like from armor?
    ....What? I don't understand what you mean by "from armor".

  19. #2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Side note: STILL haven't seen a heroic Bindings (
    me neither.

  20. #2980
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    me neither.
    I have seen it... coined by other people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •