Deleted
    Are you only counting active time on Skeer? He may already have gained some embers from rikkal/hisek already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Yes getting 4 embers within 12 seconds is very easy, however, getting 4 embers and spending 4 embers within 12 seconds seems strange to me. Though I do not play with beserking so maybe it makes a huge difference?
    he wasnt using 4 embers, he was using glyph of havoc to get 4 chaos bolts off, hitting 2 targets with 2 chaos bolts each, so he was actually only using using 2 embers.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-12-24 at 02:26 AM.

Granted im not the best at reading logs, but did you only start the fight with 1 ember? If I am reading it right you got 4 chaos bolts out in the first 12 seconds of the fight? Please correct me if wrong, not used to 'warcraftlogs' also.
    Yeah. Most of the time I pull Skeer and die

If you use this view and hover over my name it shows the number:

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=116858

I think I've gotten 5 off before. I'll have to find the attempt (might have been 2 weeks ago).

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    he wasnt using 4 embers, he was using glyph of havoc to get 4 chaos bolts off, hitting 2 targets with 2 chaos bolts each, so he was actually only using using 2 embers.
    Nope. 4 CB's on Skeer. No reason to CB Rik'kal.
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-12-24 at 02:53 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uruguaiana City, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil
    Hey Brusalk!
    I have a simple question for you, simple very very simple: please tell me (once more) which priority attributions order to get an awesome dps single target?
    And, of course, which minion is better: observer or fel imp?
    Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasthul View Post
    Hey Brusalk!
    I have a simple question for you, simple very very simple: please tell me (once more) which priority attributions order to get an awesome dps single target?
    Thanks!
    Once more. It doesn't matter. Get Mastery then do whatever you want with haste/crit.

The difference between observer and fel imp is small. Observer theoretically higher on single target, but imp can target switch better. Imp has mass dispel, observer has interrupt. Shivarra has knockback.

With enough gear you can even use GoSac.

If you want to know why, read through the last dozen or so pages and you'll learn a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasthul View Post
    Hey Brusalk!
    Thanks!
    M > C > H it's very very slightly better for single target where M > H > C it's very very very slightly better in aoe.

Yes getting 4 embers within 12 seconds is very easy, however, getting 4 embers and spending 4 embers within 12 seconds seems strange to me. Though I do not play with beserking so maybe it makes a huge difference?
    Berserking speeds up the process by 20% on casted spells, maybe that's what is off for you. First 6 spells are 1s each (gcd capped), then Chaos Bolts with cast times of 1.1s (repit/berserking/pyroclasm), 1.5s (repit/berserking), 1.5s, 2.5s(nothing). Also, he hasn't spent the 4th ember at 12 seconds, he's only started the cast on the 4th (finishes at 14.8s). He'd still need the ember bits to cast it, but it completes outside the window of KTT and only fits into T16 2pc if it procs on the 2nd conflag.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    The biggest thing with this opener is using glyphed havoc to get those high crit ember generating spells afflicting 2 targets (60% crit immolate/conflag, 85% crit incinerates). Looking at the damage events table, it's basically crit city.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-12-25 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Holy! I'm mindblown by your excellent work! If you're going to create one for Demonology I'll literally explode of joy <3

- Rift

Deleted
    Quick question regarding Galarkas hc, I am not really sure which is best, MF or AD? and trinket wise, hc wf amp + hc ktt, or hc wf amp+ hc Frenzied crystal of rage. For pure dps perspective, no tower duty just aoeing downstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Quick question regarding Galarkas hc, I am not really sure which is best, MF or AD? and trinket wise, hc wf amp + hc ktt, or hc wf amp+ hc Frenzied crystal of rage. For pure dps perspective, no tower duty just aoeing downstairs.
    If you need more aoe take mf, otherwise ad. in my opinion p2 is far more important and dangerous so i would take ad.

Deleted
    thx, its not progress though, just on farm now so im talking purely dps wise, as I mentioned

So I got a quick question to see if there is anyway to fix this little problem of mine. With so much of destro's dps coming from the embers acquired by havoc+sb (or just regular sb) I've encountered a problem recently where because of my latency (only 200 ms on average) I can only get a sb off half the time on short lived adds before they just crumble to some other class. Now it's not like I'm being slow regarding this either most of the time the mob will get to 23-25% and I'll begin mashing sb but like I said earlier it's never enough and I seem to get sniped a majority of the time, part of this comes from it taking so long for the game to register the mob is in execute range and sometimes it will get to using the gcd (but not the ember atleast) but no actual SB. Is there any way to really fix this problem other then finding a new isp which doesn't exist where I live?

Deleted
    Short answer? No. All you could do is spotlight enemy nameplates at like 25% (and increase scale, color or both) and be ready with a Shadowburn stopcast/mouseover macro.

Sometimes adds just melt sub 20%, even with ideal latency, and especially if there are multiple other execute classes in your group. Not much to do about it except being on your toes and hoping for the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    thx, its not progress though, just on farm now so im talking purely dps wise, as I mentioned
    I personally get better results with MF, when not on tower duty and having it easily on farm. The increased AoE throughout the first phase outweighs the loss of an extra AD. By the time your MF runs out, adds are in SB range.

Quick question! If you're sitting at 7-8 bits, and ~1s left on immolate, is it better to refresh before it falls off, or go 1-2 seconds without immolate to make sure when you do cast it, it's 4pc buffed?

EDIT: Also, if you finish a cast while buffed (4pc, ds, trinkets) and there's no time to cast another spell before stuff expires, is casting a fel flame worth it (since it's roughly the same DPCT as incinerate but will be buffed since it's instant) or do the potential mana problems casting fel flame creates offset the small gain?
    Last edited by Signals-ZJ; 2014-01-04 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Signals-ZJ View Post
    Quick question! If you're sitting at 7-8 bits, and ~1s left on immolate, is it better to refresh before it falls off, or go 1-2 seconds without immolate to make sure when you do cast it, it's 4pc buffed?

EDIT: Also, if you finish a cast while buffed (4pc, ds, trinkets) and there's no time to cast another spell before stuff expires, is casting a fel flame worth it (since it's roughly the same DPCT as incinerate but will be buffed since it's instant) or do the potential mana problems casting fel flame creates offset the small gain?
    For question one, you're basically asking whether 15% extra crit on the full duration of an Immolate (non-pandemic) is worth more than the last tick of a previous Immolate.

Worst case, you will get a crit on the last tick of Immolate which will give you one emberbit. Best case, you get a non-crit and all you lose is the damage. Ignoring the damage component for a second and going solely based on the crit, on average an additional 15% crit will give you 15% more emberbits over the duration of the Immolate (non-pandemic).

With 0 haste, 15% additional crit on 5 ticks will likely give you an additional emberbit you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. With more haste the number of emberbits you can get only goes up, so even with 0% haste, based on ember generation alone it'd be worth it to wait on casting Immolate.

The only other component of the situation here is the lost damage from one tick of Immolate, but really it's pretty insignificant to the point where I don't think it really matters.

So my answer, after giving you my reasoning would be a yes, it's better to wait one tick of Immolate for a crit buff. (For two ticks, I think you'd have to reach a certain amount of Haste to make it worth it, but without thinking about it if you're going Mastery>Haste>Crit then you likely have that amount if you have an average ilevel.

As for your second question, this is a little harder to answer, but I'd be inclined to say no. The mana cost really is quite prohibitive especially if you'll either have to move soon (very likely in SoO), or just spent all your embers (which considering the situation is the last second or so on buffs, then it's pretty likely this is the case).

HTH!

Deleted
    I am using Shadowed Unit Frames and wanted a simple text indicator for tracking Burning Ember bits when out of combat (I'm using Affdots in combat and it's hidden ooc). After some research I made a following custom tag:

Code:
    function(unit, unitOwner)
    local power = UnitPower(unit, SPELL_POWER_BURNING_EMBERS, true)
    return power
    end

So if there are other locks using SUF and your other addons don't show ember bits, you can use this tag. If you don't add "true" after "SPELL_POWER_BURNING_EMBERS", it will show whole embers (0-4) not ember bits (0-40).

When creating a tag, make sure your "Events" value will be "UNIT_POWER_FREQUENT" (SUF should automatically detect this).
    Last edited by mmocf440640a40; 2014-01-05 at 05:49 PM.

I just picked up the Frenzied Crystal of Rage (normal mode). Is there any fight where this trinket is good to use? I can not see dropping my H bindings of BBOY for this trinket. Should I just shard it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    I just picked up the Frenzied Crystal of Rage (normal mode). Is there any fight where this trinket is good to use? I can not see dropping my H bindings of BBOY for this trinket. Should I just shard it?

Thanks
    Normal yeah. Heroic is debatable but still pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Normal yeah. Heroic is debatable but still pretty bad.
    You would actually need roughly 85-90% uptime on 3 targets, with uptime scaling inversely with # of targets obviously, for it to even be competitive. Kind of silly

Use it on trash. Sometimes (rarely) it can proc after CB/SB, and your co-raiders will be pretty amazed when they look into recount.
    Otherwise, don't use it. Even on Gala. It can help you, if you've got problems with add-handling, but if you have problems with adds, you'll probably face huge pain on the last phase, and this trinket is next to useless on this phase (well, if you're very lucky, you'll get chain of procs, but this can happen with almost every other trinket).
    Though I guess you can try using HC WF FCoR for padding. If you're lucky, you can get huge results on Gala.
    If only this proc could be timed...