Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    How does this work properly? I tried it several times - sometimes i got the bombdamage and sometimes i got kicked into the air after i teleported back to my demonic circle.
    I tried it myself earlier this week and I couldn't get it to work. If I ported as I was jumping onto it (but after clicking it), the bomb wouldn't be dismantled.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    As I said before, I tried it this ID.
    Sometimes it has not worked out, but most of the time it went just fine.
    Klick on the Mine and instantly use the Demonic Circle. It also has something to do with how far away from the mine you stand, when clicking on it ("travel time").
    Just give it another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I'd be careful with that reasoning. Incinerate is a big part of destruction's damage (in comparison so say shadowbolt for Demo) and Destro's Dark Soul is probably the weakest of the 3. It's nice to have a second one during execute, but if you're in the position where you want a talent that offers the most "forgiveness", then KJC is 100% the way to go.
    Actually, you're 100% right. I've been playing over the past week after adjusting my play style, while keeping AD. I've found myself in many, MANY situations in SoO where casting incinerate while moving would have been VERY USEFUL. Instead, I find myself running oom or doing far less DPS than I could via Fel Flame.

I'm still very new to warlock - been at it for 4 weeks now, so forgive me

Quote Originally Posted by Sargiean View Post
    I'm still very new to warlock - been at it for 4 weeks now, so forgive me
    It isn't worth the pain of using AD unless you are trying for #1 parses, and even then it is situational - while learning lock, it is one less thing you have to manage too, so don't worry about it

By worth, I mean even best case standing still single target it is along the line of 2-3% gain, and as soon as you bring repeated movement in over a few seconds (fflame vs mana pool), you have lost your gains already - especially when you consider the cost of broken casts, rather than just fflame vs incin dpct. If there is situational burst aoe, you may end up on top of logs, but the only points I could think of where that is the case is siegecrafter double mines in 25m and thok bats, both of which you can line up with a non-AD DS anyway.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2014-02-04 at 09:27 PM.

Hey Warlocks!

Would Destruction be the go-to spec of choice for newer Warlocks at a lower iLvl (~510)? I know in previous expansions, Affliction was the go-to but I was just reading a thread stating that it isn't advisable without the Legendary Meta (which I don't have). I like Destruction, despite it being a lot to learn off the bat and I'm hoping it's the one that performs well at lower item levels.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Hey Warlocks!

Would Destruction be the go-to spec of choice for newer Warlocks at a lower iLvl (~510)? I know in previous expansions, Affliction was the go-to but I was just reading a thread stating that it isn't advisable without the Legendary Meta (which I don't have). I like Destruction, despite it being a lot to learn off the bat and I'm hoping it's the one that performs well at lower item levels.

Thanks in advance!
    Yes. .

Hey guys I have played a warlock for a while but I have been out of the game since November, I am recently coming back and my first raid is Monday Feb 10, when I left affliction was my MS with Destro as my OS recenltly looking at simcraft it seems that for locks its Destrp > Demo > Affli so I am curious what spec has the highest performance on each fight right now. My guild is currenlty 9/14 heroic so if any spec has a niche for any of those 9 please inform me!! I have expierience with 14/14n but it has been a while since I raided last lol. anyway I will post a link to my armory in hopes that many of you knowledgeable locks can help me out while I try to get back in the swing of things.

thanks alot

armory link(not allowed to post links so please add in the punctuation or look up Steady on Arthas Troll lock): http//us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Steady/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Blackfuse HC.

Any suggestions about dealing with mines that are spread out (tipically waves 2,4,6...)? F&B is not worth to use, maybe glyph of havoc and cleave some cb/sb from the mines to the boss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stedy View Post
    Hey guys I have played a warlock for a while but I have been out of the game since November, I am recently coming back and my first raid is Monday Feb 10, when I left affliction was my MS with Destro as my OS recenltly looking at simcraft it seems that for locks its Destrp > Demo > Affli so I am curious what spec has the highest performance on each fight right now. My guild is currenlty 9/14 heroic so if any spec has a niche for any of those 9 please inform me!! I have expierience with 14/14n but it has been a while since I raided last lol. anyway I will post a link to my armory in hopes that many of you knowledgeable locks can help me out while I try to get back in the swing of things.

thanks alot

armory link(not allowed to post links so please add in the punctuation or look up Steady on Arthas Troll lock): http//us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Steady/simple
    This highly depends if you're raiding 10 or 25 men. Demo is #2 in Simcraft but at the moment WoL shows, that it's behind Destru and Affli all the time.
    If you're playing 10men, you can almost always specc Destru - in 25 men it depends if your healers got problems keeping the raid alive - if they do, always play Destru - if they don't, choose your specc depending on the encounter (take a look for the specific encounter). Additionally: you should always remember that Affliction is weaker the worse your gear is. So in your case (562) Destru probably is still ahead a tiny bit in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Blackfuse HC.

Any suggestions about dealing with mines that are spread out (tipically waves 2,4,6...)? F&B is not worth to use, maybe glyph of havoc and cleave some cb/sb from the mines to the boss?
    Get mines AE gripped by a DK. Slow them with F&B conflag (Glyph of Conflagrate), stun with Shadowfury and bomb them with F&B. If you don't have a DK, tell people to cluster in a way, that the mines don't spread. I wouldn't waste a CB on them, as they die to fast (at least in our raid).

10+ Year Old Account
    Would a HWF Miasmic Skullbelt be better then a H Belt of Ominous Trembles for Destro/Affliction? I can never tell how much int is worth when compared to secondaries.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Would a HWF Miasmic Skullbelt be better then a H Belt of Ominous Trembles for Destro/Affliction? I can never tell how much int is worth when compared to secondaries.
    Stick with the Juggernaut belt.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Blackfuse HC.

If you are in a 10man and don't have a DK (like me), I havoc another mine and not the boss (since boss dmg really isn't an issue, but controlling the mines is). One CB and other misc damage will easily get the mines in SB range. If you need the extra knock back, sac your Succubus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelm View Post
    If you are in a 10man and don't have a DK (like me), I havoc another mine and not the boss (since boss dmg really isn't an issue, but controlling the mines is). One CB and other misc damage will easily get the mines in SB range. If you need the extra knock back, sac your Succubus.
    25 here. I've already come to the same conclusions. I keep rof on the boss for ember generation and i cast cb on the mines (glyph of havoc is not a bad idea)

So I'm coming back to the game after a couple month's break and I got all confused when I saw Brusalk reforging for haste. What happened to the no haste rule? Is haste > crit now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    So I'm coming back to the game after a couple month's break and I got all confused when I saw Brusalk reforging for haste. What happened to the no haste rule? Is haste > crit now?
    there's really no difference between haste and crit. Choose whichever you like better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    No functional difference realistically. I prefer Haste because it lets me spend embers faster when there is periods of high-generation such as AoE, Shadowburn generation from adds, etc. I don't really care all that much about my Incinerate going under the GCD, I just try to minimize using backdraft w/ meta proc/lust.

Also, if anyone cares, I'm starting to stream our farm kills of both the alt-run and main-run if you want to watch.

Yeah I always liked Haste over Crit for that reason, and also for the synergy with 4pt16. On my gear level (561), I cant make that much Haste without sacrificing Mastery, but it's good to know that Haste is a workable option again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    No functional difference realistically. I prefer Haste because it lets me spend embers faster when there is periods of high-generation such as AoE, Shadowburn generation from adds, etc. I don't really care all that much about my Incinerate going under the GCD, I just try to minimize using backdraft w/ meta proc/lust.

Also, if anyone cares, I'm starting to stream our farm kills of both the alt-run and main-run if you want to watch.
    Do you use the LMG so you don't have to switch helms for your OS or did I miss something ? Last I was aware, they're both about on par with one another but the haste proc could lead to sub-gcd Incins with a moderate amount of haste on your gear. Thought I'd been keeping up with the thread. No reference to it in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Do you use the LMG so you don't have to switch helms for your OS or did I miss something ? Last I was aware, they're both about on par with one another but the haste proc could lead to sub-gcd Incins with a moderate amount of haste on your gear. Thought I'd been keeping up with the thread. No reference to it in the OP.
    No real difference between the two. Mostly just convenience at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    No real difference between the two. Mostly just convenience at this point.
    Gotcha.

Convenience for me right now is having one less proc to track :P

I think I'm gonna try haste>crit, tho ... your point earlier about being able to bleed Chaos Bolts faster during high generation periods is well taken. That, and being able to build back up to that next ember quicker / more reliably during execute when something's about to die.

Haha on a couple Iron Juggernaut kills I just about screamed when being a single freaking gcd away from getting off another Shadowburn would have been the difference between being 2nd on damage done and 1st