on 25 man Fire and Brimstone should be doing a nice amount of damage on mines, just try to snipe shadowburns where you can ( can be tough as they die so fast). for a group progressing the boss a Destruction warlock should be beaten only by Ele Shamans on mine damage.
Went through last three weeks logs and it seems my Havoc macro isn't working properly and my copied spells are not cleaving the supposedly havoc'ed target. Looks like the havoc is being applied to my present target.
My macro is :
(it's part of Brusalk's UI which I am also using).
Also, i'm raiding in a very high-end environment that i've come into both undergeared (563-565) at a time where everyone else is in the high 570's and where everything is farm for them and progress for me. Any tips for maximising my performance in this environment (I'm quite sure the ranged officer isn't looking at my numbers until I get on a reasonable gear footing but still, be nice to put a smile on his face).
Last edited by Xdenek; 2014-04-29 at 02:38 AM.
Hello, i recently returned to wow after a break and have been dusting off my destro warlock. This guide has been amazing for getting back!
Just 1 question, whats the optimal opener for aoe, say dark shamans ? I've been doing rain, fnb immo, waiting for embers, fnb conf, but it feels clunky for some reason. Often waste procs.
The most annoying thing with warlock ?? Having cooldowns on the gcd, its making me cry ;(
Last edited by santa666; 2014-05-04 at 01:47 PM.
Good day fellow warlocks, could I please have some feedback on my performance? I feel like I am underperforming on a LOT of fights mostly due to the numbers i put out vs my simmed damage (and our sick Enhancement shammy).
This week's logs (note: i swapped out on some farm bosses): first 8, Malk, Spoils and some Thok attempts.
Profile for reference.
Also, some tips for Thok heroic?
For the malk log where you did 362K the only mistake I can find is that you didn't line up the second dark soul with PBoI don't be afraid to sit on dark soul until PBoI procs. Apart from that my advice is to look at the top ranks of people who are in a similar position to you (have kills of similar length) look at What they did on the pull, look at their buffs and how they overlap, look at where their damage came from, what they did damage on and What they spend their time doing. For Thok make sure to glyph unending resolve to reduce the CD to 2 min and learn to weave your cast in-between the interrupts.
So, I came back to playing recently and FINALLY got my 4 set. What's the general consensus for using it?
Trying it out on a dummy I was able to CB on every proc, but I didn't generate embers fast enough to bank any for DS/Bindings proc. I tried building my embers first, and casting Immolate on the procs until I was sitting at 3, which worked out fine, but I was more or less forced to ignore KTT Int procs so as not to go down too low. Also, maybe it's my gear, but the KTT proc seems to increase CB more than the 15% crit does, though maybe with raid buffs that will change?
What are y'all doing with these procs?
We are currently at Garrosh HC 25 and I'd like to ask you a few questions or verify things I do with the others that have done it already or are doing it now...
1. At pull, do you do your usual rotation against Garrosh or save the 2-2.5 embers for F&B-ing the adds?
2. At the end of phase one and just before first intermission, my PBoI procs and DS comes off cooldown. I cannot do anything on the trinket but what do you do with DS? Do you use it even in Jade Serpent phase just to keep it in sync with PBoI or do you delay it till the end of the intermission and start of the next phase?
3. Is there a particular reason I should not take Soul Link and Glyph of eternal resolve (to get passive huge life + 10% decrease dmg taken) and instead get damage reduction CDs?
Thanks in advance!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
If I can get another couple upgrades I think I might drop a bit of haste for a bit more crit so I can try to fish for two CBs per proc more often. Usually it only lines up during my trinket procs or Dark Soul, as if I'm just CBing to bleed off an ember without capping I try to do that before I get that 4th full ember.
Also on that note, has anyone noticed the 4piece sometimes not proccing when it fills up your 4th ember ? I haven't done too much testing with it, but I swear that sometimes it just doesn't proc on the 4th ember. I have a timer set-up so I know it's not the ICD preventing it. But, again, haven't looked too deep into it. Guess I'll have to try it in a more-controlled situation and report back.
not sure why, sometimes the timer is screwy. it lied to me a few times as well
onto Xorns post, id switch from Sac pact to soul link. its better for pretty much every fight.. aside from something like dark bargain for paragons heroic if u need it.
(our group always solo soaks aim, we have 4 + hunter dps)
anyway for my opener i usually do potion->immolate-> incinerate spam till i hit just before a full ember->conflagrate(full ember)-> dark soul-> chaosbolt x2-> immolate again with all buffs up, spam incinerate-> more chaos bolts-> more incinerates.
KTT is a love hate relationship. i hate it when its first to proc cause the bugger only lasts 10 seconds, which is a piss poor time to build some massive chaos bolt procs
meanwhile pBoi lasts 20 seconds, but sometimes it doesnt proc till my rotation is halfway over with, sometimes i feel like i wanna strangle the rng of these trinkets.
othertimes i jus get lucky and both trinkets proc right when i hit 1 full ember, then i get like 99% crit chance in total.
2) As you fine tune p1 your trinket won't proc til you get into the heart phase. Just keep Dark Soul synced up with PBI as best as you can. I never delay it.
3) I (and many others) took Soul Link/Eternal Resolve on progression. A few months ago I switched to SacPact but keeping Eternal Resolve and haven't looked back. Either option is fine, but with SacPact you can activate it 10-15 seconds before first empowered whirling and it will be up for the next one, whilst still granting full benefit for the first (shield lasts 20 seconds and there's hardly any raid damage other than the big spikes during Whirling). You can choose either really, but my HP doesn't move an inch during empowered whirling which allows healers to focus on the squishier members. I think the above point hold more weight in 10 man to be honest, but I've done the fight on both and found the same results. I also macro in Twilight Ward with it for ease of use, though the latter can be used in between uses as well.
- - - Updated - - -
You'd use it with PBoI. Keeping it timed with PBoI will net you way more damage over the course of the fight than using it by itself on CD will.
MCs will get substantially harder to clear you out w/ increased health. In addition, SacPact can absorb most of the damage on that fight since it's all in bursts and not sustained.
- - - Updated - - -
- - - Updated - - -
edit/update: Ahhh ok, I see what the discrepancy is: I have my timer start when the buff expires. The buff being 5 seconds means, yes, it's a total 10-second ICD.
Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-05-06 at 07:34 PM.
I have a question, not sure if its been answered before, but when exactly do spells like Immo, CB, and Incinerate snap shot your procs? Is it as soon as you start casting or is it when the cast actually goes off? There are times I'm torn on saving an ember but I wasn't sure exactly how it works.
Also, on SB, should I be spamming it when I get good procs, or cast SB, cast other spell(immo/conflag/etc), the SB again? Better way to say it, but should I be staggering my SB with a spell between each one?