Deleted
    Went through last three weeks logs and it seems my Havoc macro isn't working properly and my copied spells are not cleaving the supposedly havoc'ed target. Looks like the havoc is being applied to my present target.

My macro is :

"#showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Havoc
    "

(it's part of Brusalk's UI which I am also using).

Also, i'm raiding in a very high-end environment that i've come into both undergeared (563-565) at a time where everyone else is in the high 570's and where everything is farm for them and progress for me. Any tips for maximising my performance in this environment (I'm quite sure the ranged officer isn't looking at my numbers until I get on a reasonable gear footing but still, be nice to put a smile on his face).

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocfff5d2f529; 2014-04-29 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xdenek View Post
    Went through last three weeks logs and it seems my Havoc macro isn't working properly and my copied spells are not cleaving the supposedly havoc'ed target. Looks like the havoc is being applied to my present target.

My macro is :

"#showtooltip Havoc
    "

Also, i'm raiding in a very high-end environment that i've come into both undergeared (563-565) at a time where everyone else is in the high 570's and where everything is farm for them and progress for me. Any tips for maximising my performance in this environment (I'm quite sure the ranged officer isn't looking at my numbers until I get on a reasonable gear footing but still, be nice to put a smile on his face).

Thanks.
    As long as the thing you're mousing over is an enemy and isn't dead then it'll cast it on the unit your mouse is over. You may be encountering the Havoc bug where it'll not copy spells correctly if your current target is the thing with Havoc and you're casting the spell via mouseover.

Quote Originally Posted by Xdenek View Post

My macro is :

"#showtooltip Havoc
    "

Thanks.
    In that type of situation you should probably be particularly aware that adds are probably going to 1. Die extremely fast and you need to be on top of SB and aware of which adds you just won't be abe to get or 2. Die super slow because of farm padding in which case you can make particularly good use of havoc SBs. It'll probably be option 1 though as AoE/cleave tends to lend itself to padding better than tunneling bosses

Deleted
    Hello, i recently returned to wow after a break and have been dusting off my destro warlock. This guide has been amazing for getting back!

Just 1 question, whats the optimal opener for aoe, say dark shamans ? I've been doing rain, fnb immo, waiting for embers, fnb conf, but it feels clunky for some reason. Often waste procs.

The most annoying thing with warlock ?? Having cooldowns on the gcd, its making me cry ;(
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-05-04 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Good day fellow warlocks, could I please have some feedback on my performance? I feel like I am underperforming on a LOT of fights mostly due to the numbers i put out vs my simmed damage (and our sick Enhancement shammy).

This week's logs (note: i swapped out on some farm bosses): first 8, Malk, Spoils and some Thok attempts.

Profile for reference.

Also, some tips for Thok heroic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akatama View Post
    Good day fellow warlocks, could I please have some feedback on my performance? I feel like I am underperforming on a LOT of fights mostly due to the numbers i put out vs my simmed damage (and our sick Enhancement shammy).

This week's logs (note: i swapped out on some farm bosses): first 8, Malk, Spoils and some Thok attempts.

Profile for reference.

Also, some tips for Thok heroic?
    Had a quick look over your logs, you're performing well you have to bare in mind a lot of the people you are competing against are 14/14H and have everything on farm and are only playing for ranks.

For the malk log where you did 362K the only mistake I can find is that you didn't line up the second dark soul with PBoI don't be afraid to sit on dark soul until PBoI procs. Apart from that my advice is to look at the top ranks of people who are in a similar position to you (have kills of similar length) look at What they did on the pull, look at their buffs and how they overlap, look at where their damage came from, what they did damage on and What they spend their time doing. For Thok make sure to glyph unending resolve to reduce the CD to 2 min and learn to weave your cast in-between the interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Just 1 question, whats the optimal opener for aoe, say dark shamans ? I've been doing rain, fnb immo, waiting for embers, fnb conf, but it feels clunky for some reason. Often waste procs.

The most annoying thing with warlock ?? Having cooldowns on the gcd, its making me cry ;(
    Optimal opener would be to pre-cast incinerate and immolate as usual, start off with rain of fire and do two FNB conflagrates before you apply immolate. Immolate and incinerate have a large and small delay in returning embers respectively. Conflagrate is instant and with sufficient crit should give you more embers back than you spend on it, allowing you to start off with FNB rotation.

So, I came back to playing recently and FINALLY got my 4 set. What's the general consensus for using it?

Trying it out on a dummy I was able to CB on every proc, but I didn't generate embers fast enough to bank any for DS/Bindings proc. I tried building my embers first, and casting Immolate on the procs until I was sitting at 3, which worked out fine, but I was more or less forced to ignore KTT Int procs so as not to go down too low. Also, maybe it's my gear, but the KTT proc seems to increase CB more than the 15% crit does, though maybe with raid buffs that will change?

What are y'all doing with these procs?

Hey all,

We are currently at Garrosh HC 25 and I'd like to ask you a few questions or verify things I do with the others that have done it already or are doing it now...

1. At pull, do you do your usual rotation against Garrosh or save the 2-2.5 embers for F&B-ing the adds?

2. At the end of phase one and just before first intermission, my PBoI procs and DS comes off cooldown. I cannot do anything on the trinket but what do you do with DS? Do you use it even in Jade Serpent phase just to keep it in sync with PBoI or do you delay it till the end of the intermission and start of the next phase?

3. Is there a particular reason I should not take Soul Link and Glyph of eternal resolve (to get passive huge life + 10% decrease dmg taken) and instead get damage reduction CDs?

Thanks in advance!
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    So, I came back to playing recently and FINALLY got my 4 set. What's the general consensus for using it?

Trying it out on a dummy I was able to CB on every proc, but I didn't generate embers fast enough to bank any for DS/Bindings proc. I tried building my embers first, and casting Immolate on the procs until I was sitting at 3, which worked out fine, but I was more or less forced to ignore KTT Int procs so as not to go down too low. Also, maybe it's my gear, but the KTT proc seems to increase CB more than the 15% crit does, though maybe with raid buffs that will change?

I have things set up so I know when I'm about to proc the 4-piece. I'm able to get off an Immolate and Chaos Bolt each time (unless I've screwed up and I have 3 backdraft charges at the wrong time). If I get lucky I can fire off two Chaos Bolts ... one that I basically pre-cast while hoping an immolate tick will crit, then the Immo and other Chaos Bolt.

If I can get another couple upgrades I think I might drop a bit of haste for a bit more crit so I can try to fish for two CBs per proc more often. Usually it only lines up during my trinket procs or Dark Soul, as if I'm just CBing to bleed off an ember without capping I try to do that before I get that 4th full ember.

Also on that note, has anyone noticed the 4piece sometimes not proccing when it fills up your 4th ember ? I haven't done too much testing with it, but I swear that sometimes it just doesn't proc on the 4th ember. I have a timer set-up so I know it's not the ICD preventing it. But, again, haven't looked too deep into it. Guess I'll have to try it in a more-controlled situation and report back.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

not sure why, sometimes the timer is screwy. it lied to me a few times as well

onto Xorns post, id switch from Sac pact to soul link. its better for pretty much every fight.. aside from something like dark bargain for paragons heroic if u need it.
    (our group always solo soaks aim, we have 4 + hunter dps)
    anyway for my opener i usually do potion->immolate-> incinerate spam till i hit just before a full ember->conflagrate(full ember)-> dark soul-> chaosbolt x2-> immolate again with all buffs up, spam incinerate-> more chaos bolts-> more incinerates.

KTT is a love hate relationship. i hate it when its first to proc cause the bugger only lasts 10 seconds, which is a piss poor time to build some massive chaos bolt procs

meanwhile pBoi lasts 20 seconds, but sometimes it doesnt proc till my rotation is halfway over with, sometimes i feel like i wanna strangle the rng of these trinkets.

othertimes i jus get lucky and both trinkets proc right when i hit 1 full ember, then i get like 99% crit chance in total.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Hey all,

We are currently at Garrosh HC 25 and I'd like to ask you a few questions or verify things I do with the others that have done it already or are doing it now...

1. At pull, do you do your usual rotation against Garrosh or save the 2-2.5 embers for F&B-ing the adds?

2. At the end of phase one and just before first intermission, my PBoI procs and DS comes off cooldown. I cannot do anything on the trinket but what do you do with DS? Do you use it even in Jade Serpent phase just to keep it in sync with PBoI or do you delay it till the end of the intermission and start of the next phase?

3. Is there a particular reason I should not take Soul Link and Glyph of eternal resolve (to get passive huge life + 10% decrease dmg taken) and instead get damage reduction CDs?

Thanks in advance!
    1) Usual Rotation. Can fit in 1 to 2 Chaos Bolt and a fully buffed/refreshed Immolate. Can just do 1x chaos bolt if you really want to maximise FnB damage on adds. Drop RoF whilst adds clump up then go to town. Make sure to Havoc Garrosh and copy across 3 shadowburns. Don't immolate the first set of adds, they die too fast.

2) As you fine tune p1 your trinket won't proc til you get into the heart phase. Just keep Dark Soul synced up with PBI as best as you can. I never delay it.

3) I (and many others) took Soul Link/Eternal Resolve on progression. A few months ago I switched to SacPact but keeping Eternal Resolve and haven't looked back. Either option is fine, but with SacPact you can activate it 10-15 seconds before first empowered whirling and it will be up for the next one, whilst still granting full benefit for the first (shield lasts 20 seconds and there's hardly any raid damage other than the big spikes during Whirling). You can choose either really, but my HP doesn't move an inch during empowered whirling which allows healers to focus on the squishier members. I think the above point hold more weight in 10 man to be honest, but I've done the fight on both and found the same results. I also macro in Twilight Ward with it for ease of use, though the latter can be used in between uses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I have things set up so I know when I'm about to proc the 4-piece. I'm able to get off an Immolate and Chaos Bolt each time (unless I've screwed up and I have 3 backdraft charges at the wrong time). If I get lucky I can fire off two Chaos Bolts ... one that I basically pre-cast while hoping an immolate tick will crit, then the Immo and other Chaos Bolt.

If I can get another couple upgrades I think I might drop a bit of haste for a bit more crit so I can try to fish for two CBs per proc more often. Usually it only lines up during my trinket procs or Dark Soul, as if I'm just CBing to bleed off an ember without capping I try to do that before I get that 4th full ember.

Also on that note, has anyone noticed the 4piece sometimes not proccing when it fills up your 4th ember ? I haven't done too much testing with it, but I swear that sometimes it just doesn't proc on the 4th ember. I have a timer set-up so I know it's not the ICD preventing it. But, again, haven't looked too deep into it. Guess I'll have to try it in a more-controlled situation and report back.
    Two questions:

1) What do you do with other procs, KTT for example?

2) How do you have enough embers for that?

Perform as normal, however try and keep your Immolate's buffed w/ the 4pc crit. Use the 4pc w/ Chaos Bolts if you'd otherwise use that chaos bolt with no buffs to avoid capping. Your trinkets will benefit Chaos Bolt way, way more than the 4pc will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
    They come in pretty fast. A RoF w/ FnB-Conflag should be more than enough to get your AoE started. Just make sure you have 1 ember as they come in and dump the rest.

You'd use it with PBoI. Keeping it timed with PBoI will net you way more damage over the course of the fight than using it by itself on CD will.

MCs will get substantially harder to clear you out w/ increased health. In addition, SacPact can absorb most of the damage on that fight since it's all in bursts and not sustained.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the ICD is a bit finicky if you fill it up right at the 10 seconds. I've noticed the same.

Two questions:

1) What do you do with other procs, KTT for example?

2) How do you have enough embers for that?
    I try my best to only spend embers on KTT / PBOI / Dark Soul / 4 piece (and, ideally, at least two of those simultaneously). Between the four it's somewhat rare (but not super ultra rare) that I have to just bleed embers with an unbuffed CB to prevent capping. If you can manage to keep a fairly high uptime on buffed Immolates (dark soul / 2piece / 4piece ... and, again, ideally two or three of those simultaneously if you can) you're gaining embers at a pretty steady rate. Between timers and practice / muscle memory you get a feel for your ember generation rate, and when your trinket procs / dark soul will be available. Smash the target dummies often if you need to, in order to figure things out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I think the ICD is a bit finicky if you fill it up right at the 10 seconds. I've noticed the same.
    You know, all the info I'm seeing says the ICD is 10 seconds, but for some reason I had my timer at 5 seconds and I'm pretty damn sure it works after 5 seconds for me. Going to test it right now.

edit/update: Ahhh ok, I see what the discrepancy is: I have my timer start when the buff expires. The buff being 5 seconds means, yes, it's a total 10-second ICD.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2014-05-06 at 07:34 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I try my best to only spend embers on KTT / PBOI / Dark Soul / 4 piece (and, ideally, at least two of those simultaneously). Between the four it's somewhat rare (but not super ultra rare) that I have to just bleed embers with an unbuffed CB to prevent capping. If you can manage to keep a fairly high uptime on buffed Immolates (dark soul / 2piece / 4piece ... and, again, ideally two or three of those simultaneously if you can) you're gaining embers at a pretty steady rate. Between timers and practice / muscle memory you get a feel for your ember generation rate, and when your trinket procs / dark soul will be available. Smash the target dummies often if you need to, in order to figure things out.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, all the info I'm seeing says the ICD is 10 seconds, but for some reason I had my timer at 5 seconds and I'm pretty damn sure it works after 5 seconds for me. Going to test it right now.

edit/update: Ahhh ok, I see what the discrepancy is: I have my timer start when the buff expires. The buff being 5 seconds means, yes, it's a total 10-second ICD.
    Yeah. The way I keep it straight is remembering that the ICD of PBoI is 115 seconds and typically procs when DS is up. Therefore the ICD is the cooldown on it procing, and not it being active.

I have a question, not sure if its been answered before, but when exactly do spells like Immo, CB, and Incinerate snap shot your procs? Is it as soon as you start casting or is it when the cast actually goes off? There are times I'm torn on saving an ember but I wasn't sure exactly how it works.

Also, on SB, should I be spamming it when I get good procs, or cast SB, cast other spell(immo/conflag/etc), the SB again? Better way to say it, but should I be staggering my SB with a spell between each one?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I have a question, not sure if its been answered before, but when exactly do spells like Immo, CB, and Incinerate snap shot your procs? Is it as soon as you start casting or is it when the cast actually goes off? There are times I'm torn on saving an ember but I wasn't sure exactly how it works.

Also, on SB, should I be spamming it when I get good procs, or cast SB, cast other spell(immo/conflag/etc), the SB again? Better way to say it, but should I be staggering my SB with a spell between each one?
    They snapshot when the cast ends.

As for SB, do you mean CB? I see no reason to stagger Shadowburn, but there may be cause to stagger CB due to GoSac DoT ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    They snapshot when the cast ends.

As for SB, do you mean CB? I see no reason to stagger Shadowburn, but there may be cause to stagger CB due to GoSac DoT ticks.
    Excellent thank you very much. Love the guide keep up the good work!

Thanks both Brusalk and Liquidsteel for the tips. Yesterday we extended in order to keep the momentum. So, I tried your suggestions and here are my conclusions:

1. Rotation: I tried several times the usual 2xCB at 20 emberbits and with PBoI proc + DS and DPS was really lower. What I did after sever tries was 1xCB at 20, a quick RoF, F&B Conflagrate and I was full on for AOE. I was successful most of the times to SB snipping the adds onto Garrosh.

2. Really, my PBoI always procs at first intermission phase. I am really pissed on it since I lose so much dps this way. The 3 adds die in 5 seconds and I have the rest of the proc+DS sitting there waiting for all to gather and get the buff to avoid Annihilate side damage... This sucks.

3. You were both right on SacPact is very good on this. Thanks LiquidSteel for the tip on activating it a bit earlier in first whirl so that to have it ready for second as well.

I always play destro with crit reforges but for this fight I felt (and I think it actually) is better to switch to haste reforges. What did you do?

Since I was absent in the first 2 months of T16 raiding, I am the least geared in our raid team ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AAl/advanced ). Do you think Heroic(WF or not) PBoI would be tremendous dps increase comparing to my poor flex one?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.