Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I assume you have been valor upgrading your gear these past few weeks?

Actually no. Ive been saving valor with hopes of drops to blow the full 4/4 upgrades on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I found the opposite to be true for me. I was heavy haste and switched it to crit with mastery being my top secondary obviously and my numbers this week shot up from the last few weeks. Could have just been better attempts, who knows.
    It's a pretty ember saturated fight so crit works pretty well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I assume you have been valor upgrading your gear these past few weeks?
    Just to point out. I wasn't saying Brus was wrong or arguing with his statement at all. Just posting my observation that when i tried out a more crit heavy build I noticed higher gains at the end. Side note I got the pieces of loot i was banking valor for and can't wait to try them out in the raid next week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Just to point out. I wasn't saying Brus was wrong or arguing with his statement at all. Just posting my observation that when i tried out a more crit heavy build I noticed higher gains at the end. Side note I got the pieces of loot i was banking valor for and can't wait to try them out in the raid next week lol.
    Sorry I worded it poorly anyways, it was not intended to sound so snide.

Deleted
    Is putting immolate/havoc incinerate on unimportant targets actually a single target dps increase or is it just something we tell ourselves, do you do it on the shredder during black-fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    Is putting immolate/havoc incinerate on unimportant targets actually a single target dps increase or is it just something we tell ourselves, do you do it on the shredder during black-fuse?
    I'd use it on Mines if your doing a strat that has them up frequently, if not, yes. Especially a 4p Snapshot Immo

Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    ya, it's a dps gain cause of the extra embers gained. using a chaos bolt is complete scumbagging though

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    ya, it's a dps gain cause of the extra embers gained. using a chaos bolt is complete scumbagging though
    But those silly weapons on Garrosh need to die so our tanks can LOS us on the stairs! Kidding, only happens when I lose track of havoc charges

Hi Ade,

<3 Papa

Hey, was wondering if there was a BiS set for destro? I know about the debate between HWF KTT and HWF BBoY, but besides that, does anyone have the BiS list for other pieces?
    Graviity

I've noticed sometimes while attacking the dummy that I won't get Ember Master when I should, is this a known issue or is there any way to avoid it?

Deleted
    It has a 10 second ICD.

That would explain it. Is that ICD something worth tracking or not? Also on IJ I noticed you can havoc Incinerate on the mines and get an emberbit from them. Is this worth doing? half a GCD for 3 emberbits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Hey, was wondering if there was a BiS set for destro? I know about the debate between HWF KTT and HWF BBoY, but besides that, does anyone have the BiS list for other pieces?
    There are several options but a rough best in slot set is:

4Set
    Off Set Shoulders from Fallen Protectors
    Norushen Neck
    Legendary Cloak
    Spoils Bracers
    IJ Waist
    Dark Shamans Boots
    Thok + Klaxxi Rings
    Immerseus + Dark Shamans/Garrosh Trinkets
    Sha/Garrosh Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That would explain it. Is that ICD something worth tracking or not? Also on IJ I noticed you can havoc Incinerate on the mines and get an emberbit from them. Is this worth doing? half a GCD for 3 emberbits.
    I think it's not worth it, as you get a feeling for it quite fast. If you don't, it's an improvement to track it of course.
    -
    It is worth it if you are sure to get out 3 Incinnerates/Conflags before someone jumps on it and you don't have to waste a Havoc charge for an Immolate.
    As the mines usualy get blown up very fast in my raid, I wouldn't waste the GCD for havoc.
    Left aside that you should play Affli if you want to do max DPS anyway (not that I do - but it definetly is better on IJ)
    Last edited by mmocf671b58f24; 2014-06-22 at 02:40 AM.

Deleted
    4Set(helm, chest, gloves legs)
    Off Set Shoulders from norushen
    Norushen Neck
    Legendary Cloak
    Spoils Bracers
    IJ Waist
    galakras Boots
    Thok + Klaxxi Rings
    Immerseus + Dark Shamans/Garrosh Trinkets
    spoils wand/garrosh offhand

im fairly sure this is the bis list , but it really comes down to what you prefer as the value of haste and crit is about equal where haste edges out on aoe and crit on single target from what ive been told, anything that maximizes the amount of mastery you have is the way to go.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-06-22 at 03:13 AM.

I've have a quick couple questions as my guild has finally started to get some progression in heroics. The first and foremost is what strategies for the interrupt phases of heroic thok are fellow destruction locks using? I'm finding each weeks kills my dps is variable as the server being the trash it is makes it so if I don't finish or interrupt my cast before the .4 sec mark on his screech I get the lockout. Trying to figure out ways to get around that that don't completely gut my dps, and preferably let me not cap on embers (when meta hasn't procced that is and outside of bat phase obviously)

The next one is my guild is starting heroic seigecrafter progression tomorrow and I was wondering if the fight is doable as destro or if it's "aff or gtfo" as I have not seen a lock do it as destro yet. The reason I ask is honestly I'm garbage as aff, admittedly I'm not using the right trinket but I'm on average 60k lower on all fights as aff then I am as destro and heck can only do 470 on protectors. So wondering how much I'm nerfing my guild by playing destro on siege. And if possible if anyone has any tips for it (I'm not on belt team)

edit: also almara pretty sure galakras boots aren't bis because while they do have haste/mastery on them where as toxic tornado treads are crit/haste the toxic treads have a little over 100 mastery more on them even at 4/4
    Last edited by Thragtusk; 2014-06-22 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    I've have a quick couple questions as my guild has finally started to get some progression in heroics. The first and foremost is what strategies for the interrupt phases of heroic thok are fellow destruction locks using? I'm finding each weeks kills my dps is variable as the server being the trash it is makes it so if I don't finish or interrupt my cast before the .4 sec mark on his screech I get the lockout. Trying to figure out ways to get around that that don't completely gut my dps, and preferably let me not cap on embers (when meta hasn't procced that is and outside of bat phase obviously)

The next one is my guild is starting heroic seigecrafter progression tomorrow and I was wondering if the fight is doable as destro or if it's "aff or gtfo" as I have not seen a lock do it as destro yet. The reason I ask is honestly I'm garbage as aff, admittedly I'm not using the right trinket but I'm on average 60k lower on all fights as aff then I am as destro and heck can only do 470 on protectors. So wondering how much I'm nerfing my guild by playing destro on siege. And if possible if anyone has any tips for it (I'm not on belt team)

edit: also almara pretty sure galakras boots aren't bis because while they do have haste/mastery on them where as toxic tornado treads are crit/haste the toxic treads have a little over 100 mastery more on them even at 4/4
    the galakras boots are bis because they have a yellow socket and overall net stats better than the shamans one, even if they have a small amount of mastery less.

is your guild 10 or 25? makes a big difference for spec choice. for 25 you want a lot of good aoe classes for the mines, and destro is one of the best. for 10, you can be either.

10 man sorry forgot that tid bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melian View Post
    I think it's not worth it, as you get a feeling for it quite fast. If you don't, it's an improvement to track it of course.
    -
    Is it worth it reacting(idling for a second, using Twilight Ward etc.) to the ICD at all? I prefer Mastery>Haste playstyle over Mastery>Crit and often find myself not getting 4p procs every ember even if the only thing currently benefitting from a haste and/or crit proc is my Immolate. Sometimes I fill up an ember so fast that the ICD doesn't finish even when I casted a CB during the last proc, should I idle? Lower my haste?

Another question: how strong is the LMG proc compared to the 4piece for ember generation from Immolate?

Quote Originally Posted by Thragtusk View Post
    The first and foremost is what strategies for the interrupt phases of heroic thok are fellow destruction locks using?
    Affliction is vastly superior on Thok, if you can handle your stopcasting macro well it is miles ahead of destruction, I'd suggest giving it a whirl if you haven't already, playing the overpowered spec is what you want on progression. It will always be better to play the spec you're most comfortable with of course, but spending some time on Affliction (which really doesn't have that much to it once you are good at snapshotting) might be worth it. I can't speak for 10M though.

The next one is my guild is starting heroic seigecrafter progression tomorrow and I was wondering if the fight is doable as destro or if it's "aff or gtfo" as I have not seen a lock do it as destro yet. The reason I ask is honestly I'm garbage as aff, admittedly I'm not using the right trinket but I'm on average 60k lower on all fights as aff then I am as destro and heck can only do 470 on protectors. So wondering how much I'm nerfing my guild by playing destro on siege.
    I find Destruction to be very good on Siegecrafter, we're 25M and use the mine strategy (as I'm sure most guilds do) and Destruction is better suited for dealing with the mines. Again, I can't really speak for 10M, but with the gear available Affliction (in it's very broken state) beats Destruction on nearly every 25M encounter.
    Last edited by striderZA; 2014-06-22 at 08:47 AM.

I probably would consider aff if it wasn't like I said that I'm so bad at it I lost ~70k dps on a good day as aff.