Is it worth using Havoc on Paragons for ember generation with 3x incinerate (not when cleaving Korven+Karoz)? You're wasting 1s of gcd but you generate a minimum of 30% of an ember. With 25% crit chance buffed that's almost 40% of an ember in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes. Soon™. Brusalk just got sick and hasn't been able to finish it yet. He's hoping to feel well enough and deliver the guide before the patch launches, so send him your best wishes!
    So what you are telling us is that Brus is putting their own well being before ours? Can we report him somewhere for this...I should be the #1 priority in Brusalks life.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Is it worth using Havoc on Paragons for ember generation with 3x incinerate (not when cleaving Korven+Karoz)? You're wasting 1s of gcd but you generate a minimum of 30% of an ember. With 25% crit chance buffed that's almost 40% of an ember in the long run.
    Yes. Think of it this way: Would you spent 1 second to cast a Havoc and gain at least 30% (@ most 60%) of an ember or spend 1.5 seconds (or whatever the cast time is) on an Incinerate and generate at least 10% (@ most 20%) of an ember.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Yes. Think of it this way: Would you spent 1 second to cast a Havoc and gain at least 30% (@ most 60%) of an ember or spend 1.5 seconds (or whatever the cast time is) on an Incinerate and generate at least 10% (@ most 20%) of an ember.
    Haha. I don't know mate. I guess it depends on the dps of the incinerate vs. dps of 40% of a Chaos Bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. I don't know mate. I guess it depends on the dps of the incinerate vs. dps of 40% of a Chaos Bolt.
    I hope you don't mean Havoc Chaos Bolt, especially on Klaxxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    I hope you don't mean Havoc Chaos Bolt, especially on Klaxxi.
    What, no. Did you even read my original Q?

Let's say you use Havoc for incinerate 10x during a fight vs. not.
    Havoc: You waste 10sec on gcd, but you get 4x chaos bolts.
    Not: The 10 sec on gcd is equal to 7 incinerates with 40% haste. The 4x CB is equal to 8.6 Incinerates.

So the question is if 3.9 incinerates does more damage than 1 CB?

Edit: or maybe the question is more complex than that since the 7 incinerates will generate about 0.9 embers.
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2014-10-13 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    So the question is if 3.9 incinerates does more damage than 1 CB?
    Even if they are, using chaos bolt with havoc on paragons is purely meter padding. I'm not sure if you want to maximize the damage on the important target, or just overall damage on meters. If it's the former, use havoc with incinerates, if it's the latter, I don't know.

Deleted
    He's asking if the GCD on Havoc is worth 3 incinerates for extra embers.

The answer is yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Mists in the rearview mirror it is time to move on from this guide to the new guide for WoD found here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

Any discussion or questions you had about the Destruction Warlock can now be done in that thread while this thread gets locked to prevent discussion taking place in 2 places.

CLOSED.