Skinning - Yellow and Oranges not giving skill ups?

Apologies if I completely missed it in my search, but I was leveling skinning on one of my alts and noticed that when I'm skinning yellow or orange skill level I do not receive a skill up every time. Sometimes it takes 2-3 extra skinning attempts before I can finally get a skill up.

Was there something I missed in this patch that caused this?
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Apologies if I completely missed it in my search, but I was leveling skinning on one of my alts and noticed that when I'm skinning yellow or orange skill level I do not receive a skill up every time. Sometimes it takes 2-3 extra skinning attempts before I can finally get a skill up.

Was there something I missed in this patch that caused this?
    Not that I'm aware of... thats happened to my skinning alts since the first days of Cata... and sadly, I'm not suprised that the issue hasn't been resolved.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Ticket Blizz, the only thing to do I think. Atleast I got skill for all mobs I skinned a few weeks ago so it should work like that.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless I'm missing something, skinning has always been like that.

Or at least, that's how it's been on all of my skinners.

I remember arround the 300 mark there is a part that doesn't always skill up on orange, besides that orange should always level your skinning skill up. Yellow doesn't always. Often arround 2-4 skins per level at yellow.

That is how I experienced it. :P