Why does everything about rogues revolve around PvP

I have been wondering thing a lot lately. Why does everything about rogues revolve around PvP. I am here trying to find information about rogues and even about the new patch that was just released patch 5.2. Mostly as it relates to PvE content and raiding. And all I am finding on youtube and other medias are videos and information about sub rogues, rogues doing arena's, rogues doing BGs... pvp this and pvp that. Is it that 99.9% of the rogue population all they do is nothing but PvP. I am just wondering, where are all the PvE rogues where are all the hardcore raiding rogues?

People are just excited about the recent buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunny View Post
    People are just excited about the recent buffs.
    That's really the most of it. There is a current thread talking about handling a particular boss with MfD, but otherwise, PvE hasn't really changed. See the "5.2 tuning pass" thread for theory/information on where the specs stand, yatta yatta.

i guess pvp rogues play pve also when they dont raid they do pvp i for myself pve only
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Because pve rogue takes zero skill. Keep slice n dice up, keep rupture up, spend excess on eviscerate or envenom, use backstab or sinister strike to generate combo pts depending on your weapon......thats it.

Pvp on the other hand isnt brainless banging on someone, you have to live, cc, burst and generally be good.

Mod edit: infracted - trolling/flamebait.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-03-07 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    Because pve rogue takes zero skill. Keep slice n dice up, keep rupture up, spend excess on eviscerate or envenom, use backstab or sinister strike to generate combo pts depending on your weapon......thats it.

Pvp on the other hand isnt brainless banging on someone, you have to live, cc, burst and generally be good.

Mod edit: infracted - trolling/flamebait.
    Sure, infract him. But he's right, you know.

Rogue PvE is one of the most boring things to play in this game. Energy regen is so slow, it's not even funny. As Assassination you can alt-tab between keypresses and still do maximum performance. Plus Rogues bring next to nothing to the raid in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post

Rogue PvE is one of the most boring things to play in this game. Energy regen is so slow, it's not even funny. As Assassination you can alt-tab between keypresses and still do maximum performance. Plus Rogues bring next to nothing to the raid in PvE.
    yaeh we all know rogues are boring in pve and we all know rogues have a high skillcap in pvp but thats not the point he asked why everything about the rogue class resolves about pvp and i think thats because our classe gets alot of pvp skills each expasion which i dont like to see this has to change imo or sometime ill just quit playing wow everyone else just gets cool new pvp/pve skills what did we get ? mass stealth hooray !
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    yaeh we all know rogues are boring in pve and we all know rogues have a high skillcap in pvp but thats not the point he asked why everything about the rogue class resolves about pvp and i think thats because our classe gets alot of pvp skills each expasion which i dont like to see this has to change imo or sometime ill just quit playing wow everyone else just gets cool new pvp/pve skills what did we get ? mass stealth hooray !
    Actually that is exactly the point. PvE is boring as a rogue and PvP is somewhat exciting, the way the class is built at the moment is the reason why you don't hear a lot of rogue PvE talk but a lot of PvP.

Also that infraction was really too hasty, the poster is spot on with his opinion and answered the question of OP. Even if his words were a bit harsh the infraction was unwaranted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mineth View Post

You know, LFR PvE is about doing arenas or rbg at 1300ish mmr: in both cases, it takes zero skill indeed.