Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Early 5.3 spoiler?

Dave Kosak: The Darkspear tribe is about to go into open rebellion against the Warchief. We'll see just how strong they are!

I didn't think one race openly rebelling was how the rebellion would be kickstarted. surely Garrosh will just wipe the floor with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Dave Kosak: The Darkspear tribe is about to go into open rebellion against the Warchief. We'll see just how strong they are!

I didn't think one race openly rebelling was how the rebellion would be kickstarted. surely Garrosh will just wipe the floor with them?
    Depends on how fast reinforcements arrive. If the Tauren make it there in time they might stall long enough until the other rebels and the Alliance arrive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially considering there aren't that many Darkspear trolls. It's really just one tribe. Hopefully the Tauren and Blood Elves come soon to help them out.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Rigimi44 View Post
    Especially considering there aren't that many Darkspear trolls. It's really just one tribe. Hopefully the Tauren and Blood Elves come soon to help them out.
    Having an island in your favor, along with stealth, smarts, and strategy is much better than using brute force like Garrosh's Forces will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Remember that Garrosh is anyway on Pandaria, so his cronies in Org are none the wiser about it. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-03-06 at 08:51 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    I like this idea alot.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account

That would actually be really cool, and something different from the usual "break into villain's lair/castle, kill some people defending and then go the bad guy's main place and kill him" thing that many raids are.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

15+ Year Old Account

But how would you explain that for Alliance side? since Siege is supposed to be a raid,meaning for both sides.Why would ally DEFEND capital city of their own enemy?

10+ Year Old Account

Whao that's actually a nice twist. Great Idea, wouldn't know how it would work out though.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    But how would you explain that for Alliance side? since Siege is supposed to be a raid,meaning for both sides.Why would ally DEFEND capital city of their own enemy?
    The Horde rebellion forces asking for help to defend from Garrosh's invading army of sha and other soliders.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account

That's interesting. One of the first interviews about MoP did say that we'd get a reason to "knock down Garrosh's walls" though, so eh.

TAZ'DINGO!

Bout time someone did!

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second alliance defeat the end boss i want the real horde eg thrall and co to show up and kick the alliance to the other side of the planet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    First blood elves being a major factor in this with lor'themar finding some kind of power from the thunder king to use against Garrosh, and now the darkspears rising against him, which is pretty cool.

But we don't have enough information. Where is Thrall in this, does he get the darkspear motivated into it, or do they decide to do it despite him saying otherwise. Where is Vol'jin in this too, since we're waiting for the book to be released. And since kosak said its the start of the rebellion against the warchief, surely they won't be rebelling against him if he's not even around.

"Real Horde"?

If anyone is 'Real Horde' it's Garrosh and his Horde. By real, I'm going with the assumption you mean the original, War-Horde of Draenor.

Don't get me wrong, Thrall had best intentions as leader, but when it came to WARCHIEF, Garrosh is far more fitting of the title (and its past title-wearers, such as Orgrim and Blackhand) than Thrall is.

10+ Year Old Account

Story-wise, I like this a lot. Game design wise, it gives me visions of ToC...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not looking forward to this patch at all..

I'm glad it's the Darkspear who are starting it for a couple different reasons.

- The main one is that the Darkspear are part of the original "brotherhood" that defined the faction before Garrosh's rise to power. Lor'themar or Sylvanas starting the fighting could come off as a power grab on their part rather then an act in the best interests of the Horde.

- Otherwise, I have advocated Vol'jin for Warchief since before it became known we'd be getting a new one, and the Darkspear starting the rebellion gives him a lot more credit for the position.

On a related note, Kosak also said that we'd get to know Nazgrim's true loyalties. Personally I believe his apparent loyalty to Hellscream has far more to do with an unusually strong (even for an Orc) sense of military duty then any explicit approval for Garrosh's ideals. However when it becomes clear Thrall is backing the rebellion rather then Garrosh, Nazgrim might decide that it's his duty to heed the call of the original Warchief as Garrosh was technically appointed as "Acting Warchief".

What we do know for sure is that Baine trusts Nazgrim's judgement, which would be odd if Nazgrim truly was just another Garrosh supporter.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    This. This reverse siege (defending the city) is interesting but it won't let the Alliance play. Therefore it is a no go!