Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    And about the new Warchief I think it will be vol'jin (or Rexxar if kosak changes mind about him), certainly not Lor'themar, or Baine! But what about orc-s who will be their leader ? Don't they need someone to lead them?

We meet shaohao in 5.3 we also find out about the 7th sha, and some other stuff Baine appears again and is doing stuff (this has been confirmed by davekosak in an interview with buffed.de)

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Go to google translate or just translate it from some other site.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2013-03-10 at 12:26 AM.

Source link please, as always.

Even if Vol'jin or whatever becomes Warchief the Orcs still need a leader, and Warchief is technically the orc leader title, so...

I still think Thrall will be Warchief again and the Horde will just be lead council style.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why would the Alliance help either side? The only reasonable course of action is for the Alliance to let the rebels and Garrosh duke it out and then storm in when one is down and the other is weakened and occupy Ogrimmar.

Also, I fully expect Dalaran to move to Durotar for 5.4
    There may be extenuating circumstances involved.

The big one would be if Garrosh finally gets his hands on something legitimately powerful. Something that would make the mana bomb that destroyed Theramore look like a stick of dynamite. Something dealing with the Sha is the most likely path since he still has a stated interest in controlling it and it would nicely tie the events of the SoO to the events of Pandaria.

So essentially the SoO would be a race against time to stop Garrosh before he can unleash the Sha's full power. Because if he does, he'll be in a position to not just quash the Horde rebellion, but destroy the Alliance as well.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I think the retweet he did after that is much more intesresting.

He actually retweeted this from a random guy

"I cant wait to kick Garrosh's ass and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. We need a proper Warchief as leader again."

This, coupled with what Chris Metzen and J Allen Brack said before (they said Thrall was going to be Warchief again) pretty much settles who the enxt Warchief is going to be.
    No.

"What was said back then... Isn't entirely accurate anylonger." It's not 100% confirmed, even if blizzard had NOT posted stuff things can change from patch to patch and in the story as well, things get scrapped out and such things.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Story-wise, I like this a lot. Game design wise, it gives me visions of ToC...
    Actually, it reminds me of Mount Hyjal, which was one of my favourite raids during its time as current content. I like the idea a lot, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    My only issue with this is it doesn't give potential to have interesting environments, something they went back into action with ToT, and moved away from the bland formula of Dragon Soul or ToC. (ToC was my favorite raid, but I guarantee they want 5.4's raid to be memorable as well, and in the best way. People hated ToC in general, and...Dragon Soul...yeah....

If it's just defending, I don't see it turning out any different. If it's not, we can go into unexplored parts of RFC, see all of a totally transformed Org, etc.

Well how about a compromise between a defending Raid, like Hyjal, and an assault, like almost every other raid?

1-2 Bosses outside Org, fight upto Grommash Hold in Valley of Strength and kill a boss there. At this point you're given the task of clearing out the city, clear Wisdom first, then move into Spirits. This turns out to be an ambush, you defend here until a boss comes. Next is Honor, which you fight upto and then you need to defend Honor from an assault from Azshara. You then return to Strength where [insert NPC] has been preparing to destroy the gates of Grommash Hold, inside is Malkork. He mocks you, saying that you're too late to stop Garrosh and proceeds to fight you inside Grommash Hold. Partway through the fight, he smashes the floor and you fall down into an unexplored area of Ragefire Chasm; finish him off and you look for a way out. This leads you to 1-2 RFC-related bosses, possibly failed test subjects from the Dark Shaman who you cleare out at level 15. This then comes to a vast cavern with Garrosh in the center with [item that gets revealed in 5.3/4]. Defeat him here and Blizz can end it however they wish.

Guess you could add an optional boss or a HC boss like Ra-Den after, something fairly unrelated that just adds a level of challenge or something darker and more sinister than Garrosh. Whatever you want, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    But how would you explain that for Alliance side? since Siege is supposed to be a raid,meaning for both sides.Why would ally DEFEND capital city of their own enemy?
    The alliance aren't so much at war with the Horde as they are at war with Garrosh's Horde. Common enemy.

I dont think Voljin will show his face until the raid itself, and then maybe pull a Tirion on us.

Garrosh will be all "HAHA you cannot defeat me" and then. . . STABBY STAB STAB! "I told ya mon"
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    Reminds me of the "Orgrimmar live raid" Paragon did at Blizzcon pre-cata

So like... CoT: Hyjal but not in the past.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    I dont think Voljin will show his face until the raid itself, and then maybe pull a Tirion on us.

Garrosh will be all "HAHA you cannot defeat me" and then. . . STABBY STAB STAB! "I told ya mon"
    It will certainly be that way. It would be strange if the Horde is saved from Garrosh by the Alliance. So Horde characters must be involved, even during the Alliance raid.

Besides, it would be cool to watch Vol'jin fulfill his promises...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Besides, it would be cool to watch Vol'jin fulfill his promises...
    Don't forget Saurfang's promise!

High Overlord Saurfang: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes ...

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Don't forget Saurfang's promise!

High Overlord Saurfang: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes ...
    Jaina and Varian have also made direct threats against Garrosh. And by the time we actually confront Garrosh, this list will probably be even longer.

So to avoid a hilariously convoluted situation where Garrosh is simultaneously dealt mortal blows by more named characters then are players in the raid, a lot of people are going to be left out of the final encounter. I'd say Varian and whoever the next Warchief will be are the only two friendly characters involved in the final encounter. We could have upwards of dozens of characters show up at different points in the raid, but ultimately only a chosen few will be in the final encounter.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    So to avoid a hilariously convoluted situation where Garrosh is simultaneously dealt mortal blows by more named characters then are players in the raid
    Nothing wrong with that. Make it happen Blizz

As much as everyone dislikes Garrosh and his Horde, I seriously doubt the Trolls would be fighting by themselves for long. The Blood Elves would come, the Tauren, the Undead, and even the Goblins. Bloods Elves are just fodder to Garrosh, Sylvanas doesn't like Garrosh breathing down her neck, and the Goblins in my view are almost slaves to him. Tauren for obvious reasons dislike Garrosh :P

The Alliance would help defend the Horde from Garrosh depending on what is so horrible that he has done (Which we all know is going to happen because Varrian says "We are not here to conquer but to free them." I would love seeing them fight side by side again like at Wrath Gate to rise up to an enemy.

BTW has anyone noticed the new music playing in Orgrimmar as of late? Domination point music? I just came back a few days ago and noticed it. Thought it was interesting.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post

It won't be stabby stab stab, get it right man! It will be his arrow that pierces his heart.
    Last edited by Usako; 2013-03-11 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    As much as everyone dislikes Garrosh and his Horde, I seriously doubt the Trolls would be fighting by themselves for long. The Blood Elves would come, the Tauren, the Undead, and even the Goblins. Bloods Elves are just fodder to Garrosh, Sylvanas doesn't like Garrosh breathing down her neck, and the Goblins in my view are almost slaves to him. Tauren for obvious reasons dislike Garrosh :P

The Alliance would help defend the Horde from Garrosh depending on what is so horrible that he has done (Which we all know is going to happen because Varrian says "We are not here to conquer but to free them." I would love seeing them fight side by side again like at Wrath Gate to rise up to an enemy.

BTW has anyone noticed the new music playing in Orgrimmar as of late? Domination point music? I just came back a few days ago and noticed it. Thought it was interesting.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

It won't be stabby stab stab, get it right man! It will be his arrow that pierces his heart.
    Why would thrall or varian poke garrosh with arrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Why would thrall or varian poke garrosh with arrow ?
    I meant it as Vol'jin.

It was a reply to someone but I didn't get the quote. Editing it now.
    Last edited by Usako; 2013-03-11 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    They already have, when they fought back the Kor'kron together with Thrall. That's really not much of a spoiler.