Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I'm not looking forward to this patch at all..
    Lmfao, I wouldn't expect YOU to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    This. This reverse siege (defending the city) is interesting but it won't let the Alliance play. Therefore it is a no go!
    Sure it would. Just have alliance players be forces sent by Varian and Jaina to either;
    A)Attack Org while Hellscream is away, and inadvertently run into Thrall and the Darkspear, or (and my preference)
    B) Have Varian and Jaina knowingly back and support Thrall's coup attempt, based on previous experience with Thrall, Vol'jin, and Baine as more moderate and trustworthy allies against Hellscream. Each of those three have had workable relationships with Alliance leaders, Vol'Jin even reached out to the Alliance while hellscream has been warchief.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    "Real Horde"?

If anyone is 'Real Horde' it's Garrosh and his Horde. By real, I'm going with the assumption you mean the original, War-Horde of Draenor.

Don't get me wrong, Thrall had best intentions as leader, but when it came to WARCHIEF, Garrosh is far more fitting of the title (and its past title-wearers, such as Orgrim and Blackhand) than Thrall is.
    You have a bad definition of the horde then. Hasn't the lessons in the story meant to have taught people anything? The old horde died out in the end and the alliance beat them because for all there bluster and brovado, they were weak at there core, and were doomed to fail because so much of the old horde walked the bad guys road.

The true horde is the one that bound itself together under an oath of brotherhood with misbegotten races, one that held real value to things like honor and wisdom of the elders. This horde is one that has never been defeated, because even now with the cancerous elements of Garrosh's horde infecting it, the real spirit of the horde is now rising up against him, you see it with the darkspears, with the blood elves, and soon with every other horde race.

Garrosh's horde is just a reflection of those following the worst example without caring for anything they do, acting without any morality, and think there entitlement extends to everything.

I'd rather have 5.3 focus on the Forsaken, but Darkspear gearing up with Zandalari artifacts can work too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Prediction: We'll have to do even more dailies to aid the Darkspear in their rebellion.

Deleted
    trolls = assassins + poisons + voodoo

can't beat that <3

Deleted
    Wow, this sounds like there won't be much of a Horde/Alliance war at all.

I mean, there's that little sequence in Jade Forest, but that's mostly monkeys fighting fish people. And then you have a few situations which are basically empty threats and name calling. And now we're going to see some kind of a civil war already.

We haven't even seen a true war between the Horde and Alliance! I don't want it to end already. This is really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    But how would you explain that for Alliance side? since Siege is supposed to be a raid,meaning for both sides.Why would ally DEFEND capital city of their own enemy?
    garrosh has gone crazy and is now a loot pinata, we require alliance assistance with promises of fat loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    First blood elves being a major factor in this with lor'themar finding some kind of power from the thunder king to use against Garrosh, and now the darkspears rising against him, which is pretty cool.

But we don't have enough information. Where is Thrall in this, does he get the darkspear motivated into it, or do they decide to do it despite him saying otherwise. Where is Vol'jin in this too, since we're waiting for the book to be released. And since kosak said its the start of the rebellion against the warchief, surely they won't be rebelling against him if he's not even around.
    Indeed, were is Thrall in all this? He needs to answer for his crimes against Azeroth due to enabling Garrosh to take command of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Story-wise, I like this a lot. Game design wise, it gives me visions of ToC...
    Nah, it sounds like it'd be more like Hyjal. You wouldn't just be sitting in one place--at the very least, there are three major weak points in the city walls (the main gate, the side gate, and Ragefire Chasm), and they could have aerial attacks in various parts of the city as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xenosege View Post
    dave kosak: the darkspear tribe is about to go into open rebellion against the warchief. We'll see just how strong they are!

i didn't think one race openly rebelling was how the rebellion would be kickstarted. Surely garrosh will just wipe the floor with them?
    *prolonged pterodactyl noises and screams of joy*

EDIT: I think the quote implies very much that they won't be floor-wiped.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Rigimi44 View Post
    Especially considering there aren't that many Darkspear trolls. It's really just one tribe. Hopefully the Tauren and Blood Elves come soon to help them out.
    After Cataclysm the Darkspear tribe has grown and militarized. While not a full on army on the scale of the Alliance or Horde, they have enough power and individual strength to defend their island from any of Garrosh's forces left on Azeroth for at least awhile. Especially if Vol'jin is back and they full Utilize their newel y awaken Loa Bwondsami.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I'm glad it's the Darkspear who are starting it for a couple different reasons.

- The main one is that the Darkspear are part of the original "brotherhood" that defined the faction before Garrosh's rise to power. Lor'themar or Sylvanas starting the fighting could come off as a power grab on their part rather then an act in the best interests of the Horde.

- Otherwise, I have advocated Vol'jin for Warchief since before it became known we'd be getting a new one, and the Darkspear starting the rebellion gives him a lot more credit for the position.

On a related note, Kosak also said that we'd get to know Nazgrim's true loyalties. Personally I believe his apparent loyalty to Hellscream has far more to do with an unusually strong (even for an Orc) sense of military duty then any explicit approval for Garrosh's ideals. However when it becomes clear Thrall is backing the rebellion rather then Garrosh, Nazgrim might decide that it's his duty to heed the call of the original Warchief as Garrosh was technically appointed as "Acting Warchief".

What we do know for sure is that Baine trusts Nazgrim's judgement, which would be odd if Nazgrim truly was just another Garrosh supporter.

i hope nazgrim is a supporter of thrall, he was so inspiring in vashjir and on pandaria. would make a great warchief imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    But how would you explain that for Alliance side? since Siege is supposed to be a raid,meaning for both sides.Why would ally DEFEND capital city of their own enemy?
    The Alliance could come to break the siege, instead of defending the city.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Indeed, were is Thrall in all this? He needs to answer for his crimes against Azeroth due to enabling Garrosh to take command of the Horde.
    He has no crimes to answer for. He led the Horde peacefully for years and saved the world. One lapse in judgement of someone as close as a brother's son is not something that he should answer for in the slightest. I would assume, however, Thrall would fight beside Vol'Jin

More like mount hyjal than ToC. Org has multiple walled areas and entrances. Do you really think it would be just 1 boss following another at the same gate?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    Hyjal raid 2.0?

No thanks.

Really, Hyjal would be a closer approximation.

Deleted
    But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    This sounds exactly like "hyjal summit" from BC. And this raid sucked hard.

10+ Year Old Account

Never thought of it this way, but I think that'd be pretty fun. However, how would the Alliance side of it work? Would they have taken Orgrimmar? I doubt Varian would just hand the keys of the city back over to Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).