Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    the /follow command

    Why do you multiboxers think you deserve to be better in BGs because you have more funds IRL then some other people. They never supported this type of game play. Why do you think you should have an UNFAIR advantage in BGs? If you go play perfect life or any other item bank game you get an unfair advantage because you have(or just are)wasting money on that game outside the normal parameters to accomplish something that someone else works in game for why are you mad that blizzard fixed it? It isn't there fault you cheated and they couldn't call you cheaters and ban you it's yours for wasting all that energy to find a work around to cheat. They don't want to come right out and call you cheaters cause well of course they would lose even more players for the inflammatory remarks but I mean come on, did you really think they would just look past it forever? Multiboxing is cheating. This is how I feel. Anyway my question is, why do you think that it isn't cheating? You can call it poor game design, but taking advantage of game design outside the normal parameters of the game itself is cheating. Why do you multiboxers feel like taking advantage of a design flaw is acceptable, please let me know? Your money should not have impact on a game that is not item bank, period.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord joepesci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany (EU Outland)
    Posts
    773
    Which part of multiboxing is explicitely defined as cheating, by blizzard? I'm not asking for what players "feel", I'm asking for facts.

  3. #3
    How do they have an unfair advantage? Are you not intelligent enough to form a group of equal power and engage the multiboxer?

    They are alot easier to defeat than you probably think.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkd View Post
    How do they have an unfair advantage? Are you not intelligent enough to form a group of equal power and engage the multiboxer?

    They are alot easier to defeat than you probably think.
    I always wonder this, all it means is they always have team mates with them, following the same objective.
    Now if everyone had 1 or 2 like minded friends, wouldn't that just be the same?

  5. #5
    If multiboxers are so powerful, how come all of them don't have gladiator titles and the mount awards? How come they get destroyed in RBG and Arena? How come they don't dominate in the "E-sport matches"?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    If multiboxers are so powerful, how come all of them don't have gladiator titles and the mount awards? How come they get destroyed in RBG and Arena? How come they don't dominate in the "E-sport matches"?
    we have a winner
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    If multiboxers are so powerful, how come all of them don't have gladiator titles and the mount awards? How come they get destroyed in RBG and Arena? How come they don't dominate in the "E-sport matches"?
    You're absolutely right. In a group that can communicate, have healers, cc on command, focus targets, and generally be coordinated, multiboxers are easy to handle. In a random BG when you get death gripped by 5 dks alone running to an objective...well not so much.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    You're absolutely right. In a group that can communicate, have healers, cc on command, focus targets, and generally be coordinated, multiboxers are easy to handle. In a random BG when you get death gripped by 5 dks alone running to an objective...well not so much.
    Yes, going 1v5 will always get you killed regardless if they are multiboxing or not.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yes, going 1v5 will always get you killed regardless if they are multiboxing or not.
    And you don't always have an option. Think of your average unratedbg groups. They can't even focus a healer most of the time.

    So what happens is that the fight gets boiled down to the 5 man multiboxing, the 2-3 teammates, and your 7 teammates. Your teammates are attacking 7 different things, maybe 5 if they're good.

    This means the multiboxer can pull out any 1 person they want and destroy them. If the multiboxer is smart he will pull out the healers one at a time and kill them in 1-2 globals.

    The good thing is that them killing people isn't what wins bgs, but it does mean that they can do a good job of wrecking shop while their teammates achieve the objectives.

    I'm not saying it should be banned or removed or anything like that. I am saying that is more difficult than most people make it out to be to take them out. It requires more coordination than a random group generally has.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Sound911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    355
    Little bit of a missleading title.

    Anyway, no multiboxers really aren't that good, just LOS, fear and target and kill them one by one, sure the burst is good but it's not too bad

  11. #11
    The whole situation is made worse if there is a healer following the multiboxer. This happens frequently in my experience, the one smart healer in the group goes..." Hey, that guy is going to wreck shop, if I keep him alive he'll wreck ALL the shops."

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Which part of multiboxing is explicitely defined as cheating, by blizzard? I'm not asking for what players "feel", I'm asking for facts.
    OP said he feels as though they're cheaters.
    [
    QUOTE=Hulkd;20440109]How do they have an unfair advantage? Are you not intelligent enough to form a group of equal power and engage the multiboxer?

    They are alot easier to defeat than you probably think.[/QUOTE]
    GL trying to form a group in BGs. Sure it's possible, but it's really rare lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    If multiboxers are so powerful, how come all of them don't have gladiator titles and the mount awards? How come they get destroyed in RBG and Arena? How come they don't dominate in the "E-sport matches"?
    Because it's not about the skill, it's about 1 person being able to controll 2 to 40 other characters in an organized way and then going 40v1. Or if he has a shitton of DKs... basically like 40v40 ._.

    I myself haven't found as many multiboxers yet. Only met one, which I managed to get rid of quite easily (this was in wpvp). But I've never met 1 in BGs. In the wpvp scenario with equal minded players on a PvP server, it's a lot easier to organize a group to kill him. But in a BG I reckon it's a lot harder, if not impossible.

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,986
    Man, this made me think of an event a couple of days ago that happened to me in a BG. A DK multiboxer (I think it was 5 of them, or 4) ran off, ALL of them cast army of dead, then ran right directly after me. It was horrible, but also hilarious.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I myself haven't found as many multiboxers yet. Only met one, which I managed to get rid of quite easily (this was in wpvp). But I've never met 1 in BGs. In the wpvp scenario with equal minded players on a PvP server, it's a lot easier to organize a group to kill him. But in a BG I reckon it's a lot harder, if not impossible.
    It really comes down to his gear and skill. A decent multibotter with good gear is nasty, really, really, really nasty. A bad one is a nuisance at best. I remember one guy who had like 300k HP, a sole DK with T2 farmed him easily because of howling blast.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkd View Post
    How do they have an unfair advantage? Are you not intelligent enough to form a group of equal power and engage the multiboxer?

    They are alot easier to defeat than you probably think.
    In a random BG, even with 5 vs 5, good luck getting your teammates to stop five simultaneous chaos bolts/obliterates/mind flays/lava bursts.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Why do you multiboxers think you deserve to be better in BGs because you have more funds IRL then some other people. They never supported this type of game play. Why do you think you should have an UNFAIR advantage in BGs? If you go play perfect life or any other item bank game you get an unfair advantage because you have(or just are)wasting money on that game outside the normal parameters to accomplish something that someone else works in game for why are you mad that blizzard fixed it? It isn't there fault you cheated and they couldn't call you cheaters and ban you it's yours for wasting all that energy to find a work around to cheat. They don't want to come right out and call you cheaters cause well of course they would lose even more players for the inflammatory remarks but I mean come on, did you really think they would just look past it forever? Multiboxing is cheating. This is how I feel. Anyway my question is, why do you think that it isn't cheating? You can call it poor game design, but taking advantage of game design outside the normal parameters of the game itself is cheating. Why do you multiboxers feel like taking advantage of a design flaw is acceptable, please let me know? Your money should not have impact on a game that is not item bank, period.
    Blizzard has come out and said specifically on the topic of multiboxing that it is not cheating. The better question is why do you think you deserve the right to tell other people how to play the game.

  17. #17
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,513
    Multiboxing is not cheating period.
    Good the disabled followmode though, sucks for the people who multibox but they are very few compared to every other player that suffer from botters based on /follow.

    Good change imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Did you read how US is trying to destabilize pacific (china-jap) area too? They are sending warships down there. We might be seeing a new military force being created out of those two nations that will counter NATO (with EASE)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Blizzard has come out and said specifically on the topic of multiboxing that it is not cheating. The better question is why do you think you deserve the right to tell other people how to play the game.
    Well Blizzard made the call and decided that killing both multiboxers and botters in one hit was worth it.

  19. #19
    Whether or not multiboxing is cheating is irrelevant, it was never supported by blizzard, they didn't go out of their way to stop it, but they never tried to encourage it or give multiboxers extra tools normal players don't already have. When they removed /follow in bgs to hinder some bots, multiboxers got hit with collateral dmg, blizzard dosn't really mind it.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Well Blizzard made the call and decided that killing both multiboxers and botters in one hit was worth it.
    This won't affect botters one bit. Botters use programs to enter in way points for movement. Everything is programmed: Movement, looting, attacking, heck, even responses if you get a tell. They can even logout and back in automatically.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 04:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Because it's not about the skill, it's about 1 person being able to controll 2 to 40 other characters in an organized way and then going 40v1. Or if he has a shitton of DKs... basically like 40v40 ._.

    I myself haven't found as many multiboxers yet. Only met one, which I managed to get rid of quite easily (this was in wpvp). But I've never met 1 in BGs. In the wpvp scenario with equal minded players on a PvP server, it's a lot easier to organize a group to kill him. But in a BG I reckon it's a lot harder, if not impossible.
    I want to roll a class that can take on 40 opponents at once! But only I should be allowed to have this "uber toon"!

    I rarely if ever seen multiboxers in the game. Last one was a 15 boxer in Arathi Basin, he chased me around the whole BG while the rest of my team 5 capped.

    If anything, this will cause MORE bots in BG's. Botters do NOT use the follow command. I'd take someone 5-boxing any day of the week over 5 bots in my BG.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •