Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Well Blizzard made the call and decided that killing both multiboxers and botters in one hit was worth it.
    not really killing botters since most bots use programs now not auto follow

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Why do you multiboxers think you deserve to be better in BGs because you have more funds IRL then some other people.
    Well, according to the Goblins, time = money.

I don't have more than 3-4 hours that I can play this game per week. So therefore, by the transitive property, anyone who spends more time than me playing this game, is cheating. In order to combat this cheating then, Blizzard should limit everyone to 3-4 hours of gameplay per week.

Blizzards should just change their ToS to say that a real life individual is required to be controlling no more than one character at a time in the game regardless of number of accounts or number of physical machines.

Or state that game input must be coming from a manual entry device such as a keyboard or mouse (not virtualized via a keystroke capture tool). If someone can control more than one keyboard/mouse at a time, then that should be allowed.

Then they can just start banning people that multibox using keystroke duplicator tools.

Definitely not shedding a tear for the poor multiboxer. I never saw the point of it except that the boxer must get some immature thrill from "pwning noobs" with their 5 dks. Buh bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out. The community is much better off without you.

The irony is that you can run multiboxing without /follow using KeyClone or similar programs.
    Which y'know, is how Multi-boxing works.
    Takes a bit more getting used to (I tried it once with trial accounts, too much effort with Collect X quests to bother leveling all the way)
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    The irony is that you can run multiboxing without /follow using KeyClone or similar programs.
    Which y'know, is how Multi-boxing works.
    Takes a bit more getting used to (I tried it once with trial accounts, too much effort with Collect X quests to bother leveling all the way)
    As a very experienced multiboxer (4+ years), this is not true. For PvP you absolutely need /follow.

Btw, KeyClone is outdated now and has been replaced by a much better system, ISBoxer. Interestingly enough, the author of KeyClone, Tim, is also the author of oQueue, the must "beloved" addon for assembling pre-made PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Definitely not shedding a tear for the poor multiboxer. I never saw the point of it except that the boxer must get some immature thrill from "pwning noobs" with their 5 dks. Buh bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out. The community is much better off without you.
    Because in a game about slaying dragons an what not, the multiboxers are immature for playing the game how they see fit within the rules set forth by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Learn to play. When our 5 man arena team queues for a random BG together, we "pwn noobs" and multiboxers alike.

Personally, they should only allow 1 account per billing address.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Because in a game about slaying dragons an what not, the multiboxers are immature for playing the game how they see fit within the rules set forth by blizzard.
    Nice post.

In general, multiboxers are older than the general WoW community. Multiboxing takes $$, obviously, but it also takes a massive amount of time working with macros and setting up systems. Many ignorant/uninformed players think it's mashing one button and getting a kill. Can't convince them otherwise, but between my primary teams (shamans, pallys, druids, and rogues) I have a combined 300+ macros.

If you ran into a good multiboxer it's not because they pushed that one button better than others, it's because they designed a system of macros that allow them to move fluidly. Anyone can blow up a standing target not popping defensive cooldowns or trying to break LOS, but not many can kill multiple targets while avoiding all the toons trying to kill the boxer... and peeps LOVE to kill boxers, so you're never left alone. This whole 5v1 is ridiculous - my 5 man team often is assaulting a node that has 5+ toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    As a very experienced multiboxer (4+ years), this is not true. For PvP you absolutely need /follow.

Btw, KeyClone is outdated now and has been replaced by a much better system, ISBoxer. Interestingly enough, the author of KeyClone, Tim, is also the author of oQueue, the must "beloved" addon for assembling pre-made PUGs.
    Well unfortunately, you're apparently gonna have to do without it.

OT: Never been against multiboxers.
    Been on a team with one back in BC (10 Shaman Box)
    Seen 1-2 5man boxers around on my server, but that's about it.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Its also funny that on the WOW forums, all the ones complaining about Multiboxers in BG's saying "good riddance" are all in either no PVP gear or a mix of the blue craftable and PVE gear if you armory them.

Multiboxers have no effect on good PVPers. This change won't fix or change botting 1 bit. Its simply going to cause the multiboxers to cancel additional accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post

There are ways to get around it. You can use click to move and clone your mouse clicks, for instance. This will slow down multiboxers for a few weeks till everyone figures out the work around.
    It'll still lower the amount of them, which is good imo.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Well unfortunately, you're apparently gonna have to do without it.

OT: Never been against multiboxers.
    Been on a team with one back in BC (10 Shaman Box)
    Seen 1-2 5man boxers around on my server, but that's about it.
    Kil'Jaeden has a 40 boxer on horde that goes around wrecking shop. He gets killed, but it takes an organized group in vent/skype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Multiboxing is not cheating period.
    It's a pretty cheap tactic though, much like graveyard camping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post

I don't have more than 3-4 hours that I can play this game per week. So therefore, by the transitive property, anyone who spends more time than me playing this game, is cheating. In order to combat this cheating then, Blizzard should limit everyone to 3-4 hours of gameplay per week.
    Uhm... no? You can easily get more time to play WoW., Just quit your job or whatever. But you can't easily get more money. Thats how it works, and thus you can't compare these things like that. <.<

I lol'd hard when I read they fucked bots/multiboxers by disabling /follow. Been a long LONG time coming imo.

Deleted
    Hmm.. Multiboxing was mostly an issue back in Wotlk with 5 elemental shamans all casting a bloodlusted lava burst at the same time... Currently not so much.. 5 players with good communication and equal gear will always win ahead.. But just as it is annoying to face a coordinated and super geared 5man premade group, the same goes for facing a group of 5 multiboxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    There are ways to get around it. You can use click to move and clone your mouse clicks, for instance. This will slow down multiboxers for a few weeks till everyone figures out the work around.
    It'll still lower the amount of them, which is good imo.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:23 PM ----------

Kil'Jaeden has a 40 boxer on horde that goes around wrecking shop. He gets killed, but it takes an organized group in vent/skype.
    So many posts from players who have no idea what they're talking about. Broadcasting keystrokes doesn't have a prayer of keeping your toons together. One fear bomb and they're all facing different directions. Even without fear small differences will cause large discrepancies in a short amount of time. I already selectively broadcast mouse clicks (for example when using the portals in IoC), and I make heavy use of IWT and CTM when melee boxing, so these concepts aren't new to boxers... they simply will not work as a substitute for /follow. Those who claim they will just don't have a clue what they're talking about - I have yet to hear an actual multiboxer say it will work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post

dude, i luled

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Uhm... no? You can easily get more time to play WoW., Just quit your job or whatever. But you can't easily get more money. Thats how it works, and thus you can't compare these things like that. <.<
    Get a 2nd job. Work Overtime. Ask for a raise. Sell blood.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 05:50 PM ----------

Also, when the multiboxers state the are done and quitting, the anti-multiboxers state good riddance and won't affect WOW because they are in such low numbers:

If the Multiboxers are in such low numbers, you should barely see them in a BG then. THEN WHY ARE YOU QQING ABOUT THEM SO MUCH?!?!?!