Chaos Bolt Double dipped by resilience?

Anyone else noticed how low chaos bolts are on players? Or is it just me?
    Im doing 40k crits on 300k players.

Is there a bug currently or am I going crazy?

Deleted
    You are going crazy.

I just crit someone for 290k

Maybe your target has a buff that reduces dmg?

Don't think so. Could you please link me your armory @Shibuya?
    Also, could I really blame my gear?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Maybe your target has a buff that reduces dmg?
    and/or absorption effects

Deleted
    Your gear is quite bad, especially for pvp. No gems/chants and no PvP weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tournique View Post
    Don't think so. Could you please link me your armory @Shibuya?
    Also, could I really blame my gear?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9/advanced
    Sorry but I just have to ask, are you allergic to gems?

Pvp power is realy low btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Nope, just picked up this warlock again, didnt even bother gemming/enchanting before gearing :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Your pvp power is very low, meaning your damage against other players in pvp gear is lessened by quite a bit.

Reasons are the gear you have, not gemming and enchanting.

Fix those and you'll start seeing your desired big crits.

Dude please...don´t use BG´s experience to start a discussion.

Their is so much shit going on in a BG that it is neither balanced or a good way to determine if a spell is bugged or not.

With the recent to warlocks Soul leach a warlock is capable of getting a huge absorb if he manages to avoid being attacked which is possible in a BG, you would hardly notice his buff since their are so many. Or maybe it was a druid who just used a cooldown on himself or on your target or maybe it was a disc priest healing or a paladin spreading his aborp effect around.

Their is ton of shit that you won´t notice from distance which will reduce your dmg, especially in a BG.

who said anything about bgs? im talking about straight on dmg. but dude please, its my gear!

10+ Year Old Account
    On a geared player, a normal chaosbolt crits for about 80k, if you are geared yourself of course. It's really a matter of gear since chaosbolt scales with spellpower, crit, mastery and PvP power.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    On a geared player, a normal chaosbolt crits for about 80k, if you are geared yourself of course. It's really a matter of gear since chaosbolt scales with spellpower, crit, mastery and PvP power.
    Not sure about Mastery,and crit gives little dmg to Chaos Bolt too. Granted that a pvp gemmed player can get ~67-69% dmg reduction and you only have 13% pvp power, your Chaos Bolt does 55% less dmg on him than normal (plus your low gear). 300k on full hp?I think you are lying
    Its pretty rare for me to get more than 250k crit on CB at pretty undergeared ppl, dunno about others (not that i keep tracking my top hits tho).Against a full PvP geared target, i think ~170k is my top dmg.But new honor malevolent geargives more PvP resil over the old upgraded ones, so dmg will drop i guess more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...helie/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    Not sure about Mastery,and crit gives little dmg to Chaos Bolt too. Granted that a pvp gemmed player can get ~67-69% dmg reduction and you only have 13% pvp power, your Chaos Bolt does 55% less dmg on him than normal (plus your low gear). 300k on full hp?I think you are lying
    Its pretty rare for me to get more than 250k crit on CB at pretty undergeared ppl, dunno about others (not that i keep tracking my top hits tho).Against a full PvP geared target, i think ~170k is my top dmg.But new honor malevolent geargives more PvP resil over the old upgraded ones, so dmg will drop i guess more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...helie/advanced
    Chaosbolt scales very good with mastery. It's that good as destruction you should be reforging everything to mastery once you've got the spell hitcap (4%).
    And while the scaling with crit is less, as you get better gear, you get more mastery, more crit, more PvP power, more spell power and chaosbolt scales with all. Because of that, chaosbolt is one of the most gear dependent abilities in game.

Also, your damage calculation is wrong. PvP power and resilience are not additive but multiplicative. In other words, you use *, not +.
    On a target with 67% resilience, having only 13% PvP power, you do is equal to 100% base damage * 1.13 * (1-0.67) = 37.29% damage.

i have known days ago,twice resi for cb existed really,the same as soulf.
    [base * (relsi+ critic%)]ire.For they are affcted by critic.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tournique View Post
    Anyone else noticed how low chaos bolts are on players? Or is it just me?
    Im doing 40k crits on 300k players.

Is there a bug currently or am I going crazy?
    i have known days ago,twice resi for cb existed really,the same as soulf.
    [base * (relsi+ critic%)]ire.For they are affcted by critic.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Chaosbolt scales very good with mastery. It's that good as destruction you should be reforging everything to mastery once you've got the spell hitcap (4%).
    And while the scaling with crit is less, as you get better gear, you get more mastery, more crit, more PvP power, more spell power and chaosbolt scales with all. Because of that, chaosbolt is one of the most gear dependent abilities in game.

Also, your damage calculation is wrong. PvP power and resilience are not additive but multiplicative. In other words, you use *, not +.

On a target with 67% resilience, having only 13% PvP power, you do is equal to 100% base damage * 1.13 * (1-0.67) = 37.29% damage.

I messed up what i wanted to say sorry. I meant not sure about mastery, but crit gives low dmg on Chaos Bolt. (i forge to mastery if you check my armory).For sure i know that that mastery benefits chaos bolt more than crit, not any numbers to prove it tho (personal testing).

Also thanks for the resil info, didnt know about it