Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Affliction 5.2 trinkets

How does the VP one (the shado-pan one) match up against the 522 raid ones? I've read somewhere that it's better, but I can't tell if that's a fact or if it's because it's outdated.

Has anyone made any calculations on this? Perhaps even a list of our best trinkets?

10 second duration 45 second ICD procs almost right away

It's much better and more reliable than 509 EoT so you should get it if you're not confident that you'll get lei shen/wooshulay/breath

Deleted
    I'm also highly interested in where the VP trinket matches up, both against upgraded 5.1 trinkets and the new raid trinkets.

At the point where I've got the VP to spend on it, but unsure if it's a safe purchase.

Deleted
    Alright - so, I just bought it. Question is though, which should I replace it with? RoY 2/2 or EoT N 0/2?

Replace EoT, it's just a terrible trinket overall. Especially the normal version.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if this trinket is better than DMF 2/2 Or Light of the cosmos 2/2 normal version? Thinking of buying it for my aff specc

UP for this thread.Can anybody help with trinket rankings for this tier for affliction.
    Everything is clear now with all guides updated.But trinket choice is worrying me.
    Got LotC heroic+RoY both upgraded,and i dont know if i should buy VP trinket and pass Breath of the Hydra,cos ppl say its terrible.
    Cha-Yes with maximum stacks is sweet and Lei-shen trinket with entire stack of dots critting sounds awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    UP for this thread.Can anybody help with trinket rankings for this tier for affliction.
    Everything is clear now with all guides updated.But trinket choice is worrying me.
    Got LotC heroic+RoY both upgraded,and i dont know if i should buy VP trinket and pass Breath of the Hydra,cos ppl say its terrible.
    Cha-Yes with maximum stacks is sweet and Lei-shen trinket with entire stack of dots critting sounds awesome.

i have the same question, same stuff, lotc heroic upgraded and yu'lon upgraded, either i buy the VP trinket, or the ring (i have all the 489 + 496 rings but not better), i'd like to have any piece of advice

It should be pretty good as it gives you 3 Agony ticks, 2 Corruption ticks and 1 UA tick if you're sitting at 7725 haste (+ Pandemic). Looks like a significant upgrade over any versions of RoY and EoT, especially when you combine it with LotC which has the same ICD.

Deleted
    What's this that I'm hearing?

A 5.2 trinket with an ICD? Whatever happened to the RPPM system introduced and forced upon all future trinkets since 5.2?

i will be buying this trinket next week to replace my RoY 2/2 and using it with lotcH 2/2. i decided to buy the neck and ring this week, since i knew id have enough valor for the trinket next week. The 5.2 raid trinkets are really horrendous, most likely there will be a change to them in the future. From what i can see the valor trinket is an improved version of what the EoT should have been (not just higher base and proc stats but more efficient as well).
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-03-07 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    i compared my setup (faction trinket + lotcH 2/2) with hydra/wushoolay result:

faction+lotc = 120805 DPS
    Hydra/wushoolay = 114186 DPS

can't show you the graphs, got no permission to post images :\

New patch trinkets should never be worse then previous tier trinkets... IMO that is a completely broken design, but then again that kind of makes sense coming from Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    New patch trinkets should never be worse then previous tier trinkets... IMO that is a completely broken design, but then again that kind of makes sense coming from Blizzard
    I disagree. Heroic raid trinkets should always be better then next tier's valor trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I disagree. Heroic raid trinkets should always be better then next tier's valor trinkets.
    you guys are basically agreeing on the same thing. im sure he meant heroic new tier should be better then heroic old teir. and with the ways these new raid trinkets dont work, its looking like we will be using lotcH+valor trinket all the way through t15

After testing couple of the trinkets myself I seriously doubt that.

does haste affect the ppm trinkets? i think i read our haste affects the new legendary meta gems, and even right now simcraft wants me to go up to 10,582 haste (goblin breakpoint) up from the 7606 im currently at using afflic+gosup.

ShadoPan Assault trinket is 3rd BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    There is a sim for the trinkets here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rging-Trinkets
    I find it hard to believe that a crit + int proc trinket is better than haste + int proc. Unless I missed the memo where crit became good for aff.