DK Tanks on Council of Elders!

Hello, our guild just got to this boss last night at the very end of our raid, so we dont have much experience on the whole fight yet. I was wonder if it was possible to Glyph IBF and use it to break the stun that the Frost boss does every time? Just trying to figure out if it will be up by the time the next 15th stack is applied. Has anyone found the time between each Frigid Assault, and how long it takes to get 15 stacks?

Nope - doesn't work. Can't even bubble out of it.

You need to tank swap Frost guy as soon as the spirit is dead or when the other tank is at 8-12 stacks.

It's pretty random and ramps up very fast.

Yeah, the stacks of frigid assault is annoyingly random. We found it safest to just taunt at 5 stacks, and then whenever you lost your debuff. Seems that avoiding the attack does not give you a debuff, that being said, I am unsure if blood shield helps. Sometimes it would seemingly help and I would not get a stack, sometimes I got stacks regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro9866 View Post
    Hello, our guild just got to this boss last night at the very end of our raid, so we dont have much experience on the whole fight yet. I was wonder if it was possible to Glyph IBF and use it to break the stun that the Frost boss does every time? Just trying to figure out if it will be up by the time the next 15th stack is applied. Has anyone found the time between each Frigid Assault, and how long it takes to get 15 stacks?
    What I found easy was everytime the Loa Spirit CD is about to come up (~5sec) I would make the other tank taunt Malak off me. And once the spirit dies I would taunt back. It's also the same thing when he has Frigid up, depending on how fast we kill the spirit, I would taunt him and the other tank should have somewhere around 9-13 debuff on him. Then the other tank would just taunt off me when his debuff falls off and his Frigid should be gone during the time he is beating on the other tank.

It's also possible just to eat the stun. Use CDs while the stun is up though. IBF, pain sup, etc. Less movement overall.