Surge of Light (FDCL) NOT working as shadow spec.

I just tested this with about 200 casts and not a single proc, does shadow not get the surge of light part of this talent anymore?

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 04:57 PM ----------

Seriously can someone else test this to confirm im not crazy lol. I have went thru 10+ full mana bars and no procs. If this is indeed true i will have to at least consider mindbender now. I have tried respeccing out and back into to make sure there isnt some bug.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 05:20 PM ----------

Confirmed by two other spriest in game this is indeed not working. Now, two possible reasons why:

1. Undocumented patch note. Possible.
    2. Bug, likely.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 05:30 PM ----------

I cannot believe how under the radar this bug is, i talked to the top spriest on my realm and he had no idea either. I did a search on wow bug report forums and not a single mention of this.

The surge of light part of this talent was a large part of what makes it good for offhealing in arena.

Posting to confirm that I'm experiencing this as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm this aswell, 7 manabars spent and no proc.

I tweeted gc about this several times and made a forum post with no responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, I liked that too. Was useful for Shadow-healing challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm this as well 4 vamp touch rolling 2 mana bars later no proc, it's weird though I could of sworn that I got a proc yesterday could of just been my imagination though. Well lets raise a fuss!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would think this is a PvP fix more than anything else.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I would think this is a PvP fix more than anything else.
    True, however they already nurfed shadows main heals by 20% (off set somewhat by PvP power). I don't think they would need to hit shadow's surge of light, and if they did they could of at least told us.

It's possible that it may be bugged for Disc as well. I speced into it last night because I was tank healing, and it barely proced for me.

It's possible it was just bad RNG because I went back to mindbender after two wipes from me going oom, and I haven't had the time to really test it. But to be honest, it felt like the proc rate was nerfed, because a string of bad RNG is normally followed by an endless fountain of chain procs.

Any other healing priests notice it acting funny, or did I just royally piss off the RNG gods?

Edit: Looks like a few other healers have noticed a problem with it as well. It's possible they broke something when they stopped GoMS from interacting with FDCL, but I have a nagging feeling it's a stealth nerf to counter the significant buff to disc single target healing...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8156055777
    Last edited by scandore8472; 2013-03-08 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for mindspike procs:
    Multidotting 5 targets - 634 VT ticks, 18 MS procs.
    dotting 1 target - 130 VT ticks, 16 MS procs.

Seems like the 15% proc chance is being maintained on 1 target - and all other targets not being counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    As for mindspike procs:
    Multidotting 5 targets - 634 VT ticks, 18 MS procs.
    dotting 1 target - 130 VT ticks, 16 MS procs.

Seems like the 15% proc chance is being maintained on 1 target - and all other targets not being counted.
    Wrong part of the talent. We are speaking about the FH procs not the MS ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am seeing the same thing on my level 72 priest...it sucks:/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Sounds reasonable to me, Shadow gets the surge of Darkness, Healers get the Surge of Light.

It would be stupid for shadow to be able to proc the light one, but the healers be unable to proc the darkness one due to not having VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Wrong part of the talent. We are speaking about the FH procs not the MS ones.

still relevant, BOTH parts of the talent aren't working as expected! just tested now.. using vt on 4 target dummies, spamming flash heals and also looking for procs for MS... over 3mins i rarely hard 2 stacks of MS to play with like 2-3 times and also didn't see ANY flash heal procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me, Shadow gets the surge of Darkness, Healers get the Surge of Light.

It would be stupid for shadow to be able to proc the light one, but the healers be unable to proc the darkness one due to not having VT.
    It has been like this all of MoP, its not absurdly OP but it was good for offhealing in arena. The point here is that this is either an undocumented patch note or a bug, which is why i brought up this thread. Please report this in game using the report bug feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Why? They can get extra procs from smite and holy fire (and GH) which shadow can't get - its not like we can spent out GCDs twice, anyway.