Deleted

Why is this so hard?..

Why is it so hard to add a passive ability for Retribution that goes like this:

<Insert Awesome name>: While a shield is equipped, all damage taken is reduced by 20%..

How come it's so hard?..

By equipping a shield, our damage done will reduced by A LOT!..

This could add some interesting gameplay to the Retribution Spec. and it's such a simple change.

Because that's effectively a huge defensive shield wall with no CD?

Deleted
    only if it also reduced all damage done by 20%, on top of the damage you already lost from going from 2H to 1H.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have this already. It's called going prot. yw
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Because that's effectively a huge defensive shield wall with no CD?
    Def stance says: Hello.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    They have this already. It's called going prot. yw
    And again.. i would like to say.. Def Stance says: hello

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Def stance says: Hello.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 12:31 AM ----------

And again.. i would like to say.. Def Stance says: hello
    Paladins have stances?
    Think you're confusing them with warriors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugrim View Post
    Paladins have stances?
    Think you're confusing them with warriors...
    Nope.. I'm just saying that warrior already have this kind of "passive" ability with no CD what so ever..

- And all they lose is some rage, it doesn't even require them to equip a shield

Deleted
    Because it won't change Ret from being trained all game. They effectively eliminate you from the fight by rendering you absolutely useless and not being able to fulfill your job as a DPS. I would love for them to rework Divine Shield into something weaker, but on a much shorter cooldown (similar to dispersion maybe?) so we can confidently push into the other team without having to rely for a 5 minute cooldown for reassurance that we won't just drop dead.

Nope.. I'm just saying that warrior already have this kind of "passive" ability with no CD what so ever..

- And all they lose is some rage, it doesn't even require them to equip a shield
    And what happened to def stance? It received a significant nerf. Not to mention that if you've ever played a warrior, it reduces your rage generation by a substantial amount to sit in D stance, so. Generally for a kill you swap to Battle Stance while your target is in a shockwave.

It's called Seal of Insight and it just is horribly ineffective. Really, Seal of Insight should be altered to be our "defensive" Seal by making it passively reduce damage or provide a permanent regen effect outside of actually attacking. Considering the huge loss in actual damage by using the Seal, it wouldn't be a bad trade to make it do something that passively keeps us alive better. Perhaps reduced damage taken while unable to control your character?

It would only be viable if you could only do it out of combat. During combat would make it OP with macros and such

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so hard to add a passive ability for Retribution that goes like this:

<Insert Awesome name>: While a shield is equipped, all damage taken is reduced by 20%..

How come it's so hard?..

By equipping a shield, our damage done will reduced by A LOT!..

This could add some interesting gameplay to the Retribution Spec. and it's such a simple change.
    It wouldn’t be hard.

It would be overpowered.

And before anyone cries about warriors, Defensive Stance was (rightly) nerfed.

I do, however, agree that something needs done about Divine Shield - for me, it's holding the class back. Alas, I doubt anything will be done because the developers consider it such a signature ability.

Because Frost DK's got buffed again. But hey we have 'good healing potential' so it all works out I guess.

/breaths into a paper bag