Deleted

VP gear choice help

So i have the doubly updgraded relic and the bottle of infinate stars.
    I only have the 502 neck from spirit kings though and I'm a bit lost as to whether I should buy the vp neck or the trinket? any thoughts?

here is my armoury:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enoid/advanced

Cheers for the help
    Pallen

Deleted
    I was in the exact same situation and went with the trinket. My reasoning was that the necklace will be upgraded as soon as something drops and the trinket is something I will be using for probably months. On top of that I really dislike the Relic of Xuen trinket because of how long it takes to proc in some cases.

Whether it's actually better right now at this moment, I don't know. I saved up enough valor so I can buy the necklace as well around tomorrow. Hence why I didn't put that much thought in it.

I went for trinket+bracers since bis bracers pre 5.2 was from MSV hc. Was the biggest upgrades for me. 3d item will be ring but thats another reset +250 vp :/

I will also be doing trinket+bracers since I've been wearing these 502 SG bracers since the first week of heroics.

would the trink replace relic or bottle ? i'm leaning towards bottle. the proc is relatively the same.. Just more hit instead of mastery. Which would be reforged to crit.

For the pieces you can buy from neutral/friendly:

-Trinket is the best piece and possible BiS for the tier, including heroic trinkets, if that bottle is the normal one that replace that. If H then replace relic.
    -The ring is actually BiS normal modes because it's well-itemized and the ones that drop from the raid are not and should probably go to other classes first as well anyways
    -Neck is kind of meh, but so are the ones from the raid, which I'm also personally going to pass on to other people
    -Wrists are also well-itemized

Anyways, I'd say Trinket > Wrist/Finger > Neck. Trinket is a must for everyone the other ones vary based on what you have already.

I looted trinket from council (Bad Juju) and for VP I bought ring and wrists. Both with crit + mastery. My second trinket is 517 Terror. And what is better 517 terror or 522 VP trinkt? Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post

-Trinket is the best piece and possible BiS for the tier, including heroic trinkets, if that bottle is the normal one that replace that. If H then replace relic.
    -The ring is actually BiS normal modes because it's well-itemized and the ones that drop from the raid are not and should probably go to other classes first as well anyways
    -Neck is kind of meh, but so are the ones from the raid, which I'm also personally going to pass on to other people
    -Wrists are also well-itemized

Anyways, I'd say Trinket > Wrist/Finger > Neck. Trinket is a must for everyone the other ones vary based on what you have already.
    THen why have u bought the neck first?

Quote Originally Posted by pallen202 View Post
    THen why have u bought the neck first?
    Needed friendly to buy the trinket, which I just did. Bought necklace first because I have 510 bracers and fairly decent rings so the neck was a bigger upgrade.

My first purchase was the ring since it was a pretty big upgrade from my 503 ring from Protectors. I already have a 517 necklace with better stats than the VP-one so I doubt I will ever buy that one. Next item will likely be the trinket if it turns out to be better than my 517 Terror in the Mists - otherwise bracers.

I got the Trinket > Ring. Now I'm deciding between the bracers (Small upgade), and the Neck (Meh secondary stats). But it's going to be about 2 weeks because next week valor capping I would have 1225. I'll decide after seeing what drops and if I upgrade anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post

Are you sure of this? Even with the relic random proc? The VP trinket hasn't got a good proc rate as well , Cuz I've got the relic and Normal Bottle and Normal TiTM Trinket all of them 2/2, not sure which one to equip tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
    Are you sure of this? Even with the relic random proc? The VP trinket hasn't got a good proc rate as well , Cuz I've got the relic and Normal Bottle and Normal TiTM Trinket all of them 2/2, not sure which one to equip tbh
    Relic 'random proc' is only going to get better as our crit gets higher. The VP trinket is based off of hit, not crit, and I forget the ICD right now but it does proc pretty reliably and with a beefy amount of agil which is what makes it good. Anyways, just go to the 5.2 agil trinket discussion thread in these hunter forums and you can see people who really know their stuff (as in not me) talk about them there.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-08 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not arguing, I'm actually asking xD, because I really wanna know what to Equip =), thanks for the info :P