Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    Nerfs based on SimCraft will always be misguided and wrong headed. Numbers generated based on best possible gear, with a rotation run by a computer, with zero accountability for movement or mechanics, will ever be an accurate reflection of in-game numbers. Years of experience have told Blizzard this, but they still will drop sims as an excuse to nerf certain classes and specs (or buff them) as they deem fit. Willing to bet that these nerfs are knee-jerk responses to the lingering fear of Monks becoming "too strong" like Death Knights were in Wrath.
    They never give a damn about simulation...
    At least GC repeatedly dismiss any simulation DPS complainant on tweeter during the entire PTR.

They never give a damn about simulation...
    At least GC repeatedly dismiss any simulation DPS complainant on tweeter during the entire PTR.
    They just don't like stack ranks because it doesn't control for the quality of the theorycrafting or the action lists.

Simcraft for gemming/stat weights = good.
    Simcraft for comparing class A to class B = bad.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a 5.2 setup for simcraft so we can actually start playing with numbers? I went to their website and couldn't find much.

Nerf and call it a bug that's blizz new strategy with nerfing. Anyway i'm not going to say time to reroll or anything as i have every class at 90 and some actually geared ( PVP gear).I was expecting a nerf to WW tbh but not in damage, i was thinking RoP, FoF or something like that. They promised us that WW would be viable in PVP with 5.2, so I have some concerns right now because every day I check mmo champion I see a nerf

- is this going to be the last nerf? ( I doubt it)

- Our range is really low, once i was trying to dps + disable the car on the BG I actually saw where the engine was made for that car and i couldn't get in range to disable it :/

- If monks can't compete, will monks receive some buffs? ( idk have you heared of Rets?)

- I know it's really cool having a tiger every 3 mins and this is actually what made me level a monk to 90 but really its dps is very low compare to that CD.

- out of TEB our damage seems low

just a suggestion since they nerfed the sustained damage and our damage become all burst from TEB then a spell with CD of 1 to 2 mins that instantly give 10 stack of TEB would be mandatory for pvp at least.
    Last edited by derpx; 2013-03-08 at 01:05 AM.

knee-jerk responses to the lingering fear of Monks becoming "too strong" like Death Knights were in Wrath.
    Undoubtedly.

Welcome to the club.

All the best,
    Retribution Paladins

P.S:
    For a second there I actually though they would let a hybrid be a top-notch PvP spec.

Well, dps without tigerbrew at 10 stacks is awful.

On a 3 mob trash pack with the absolutely fail storm earth and fire things up, my dps was below the tanks.

Thanks, Blizz!

Looks I'm playing my Dk again.

this nerf is not as substantial as everyone is taking it to be at my 509 ilvl i am holding around 5-6th in my 25man guild on dps middle of the pack usually getting beat by F DK/Ele sham/Lock but through the nerf we ARE a usable class ive played it since the day mop came out through thick and thin and hate to tell you guys, but were still in a just fine place. just because some of you are FoTM people and did not expect not to be top dps on release. sucks to suck my friends.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...depityz/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    this nerf is not as substantial as everyone is taking it to be at my 509 ilvl i am holding around 5-6th in my 25man guild on dps middle of the pack usually getting beat by F DK/Ele sham/Lock but through the nerf we ARE a usable class ive played it since the day mop came out through thick and thin and hate to tell you guys, but were still in a just fine place. just because some of you are FoTM people and did not expect not to be top dps on release. sucks to suck my friends.

Sorry, but in world of rangedcraft melee can't be "fine" they have to be great.

Stop trying to talk down to people when you have no clue what you're talking about.

First, I don't know how a 10% nerf to the stance we are always in can be anything less substantial than 10%.

Second, your single data point means nothing. Your entire guild could be mouth breathing mongoloids who slap their dicks on the keyboard because facerolling became too mainstream. So congratulations that you're better than some of your guildies who may or may not have worse gear or be awful players.

Pve aside, WW monks are still garbage in pvp, Still too much ramp up time even with the Tigerseye brew compared to every other class which can use there burst whenever the hell they want, we have to wait til we get 10 stacks to have good burst, and even then you cant compare it to any other dps class. Its actually funny how blizz looks at things, when DK's came out they were OP as shit, now i understand they have said they do not want to go down that path again, but its better than completely making the spec fucking useless. I rerolled a monk to have fun and experiance a new class, but that has all but gone away from the class now. We cant FC in RBG's because guardian druids/prot warriors put us to shame, dps spec is nothing compared to any of the other classes specs low utility. Seems if you wanna do anything in pvp on a monk you have to heal. Blizz needs to get there shit together and stop stealth nerfing us.

15+ Year Old Account

If your Rogues & Boomkins aren't beating you they are the issue, However I know you are in a guild with some top players but middle of the pack is a little hyperbole out of all the dps classes we are tied with Ret the only class below us is Shaman. Every other class has a dps role they can perform above us. So we are pretty close to the bottom the nerf was overdone.

Players vs Player with the same exact raid and skill, Monk will come nearly last every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

i do apologize for that post being a bit offensive however, i do plan on keeping it as is.

@refquital even if that is the case which isnt what i saw but nonetheless can be true as a class our scaling will be insanely tuned around 4piece, Rune of Reorgination and high secondary stats. would this not lead 2 us performing much better on the heroic mode push? and as long as you hold your weight in NM's you can get to that point of getting our essential gear.

i feel were just in a bring the player not the class situation right now

Deleted
    All the "pros" cry like babies, and unsub because they lost some dps. Let me ask you QQers a question, if you lose your arm, do you give up on life or do you adapt to your new situation?

If our damage is tuned around T15 4pc and Rune, well I hate to be that guy, but you won't have that when HM progression starts next week. What to do now? Be a monk and do so-so damage and bring nothing to the raid or go back Ret, do so-so damage and actually bring utilities to the raid? Well, sounds pretty simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    If our damage is tuned around T15 4pc and Rune, well I hate to be that guy, but you won't have that when HM progression starts next week. What to do now? Be a monk and do so-so damage and bring nothing to the raid or go back Ret, do so-so damage and actually bring utilities to the raid? Well, sounds pretty simple to me.
    "Our damage is tuned around something we will get in the future" is the same thing i heared on rets forums this autumn. "Our scaling is so good!" "In BiS we will be ok! In t15 we will be top dps!" etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    All the "pros" cry like babies, and unsub because they lost some dps. Let me ask you QQers a question, if you lose your arm, do you give up on life or do you adapt to your new situation?
    If humans lose an Arm, we can't get Ghostcrawler to re-attach it and make it work again.

Unlike videogames.

Your analogy is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    If humans lose an Arm, we can't get Ghostcrawler to re-attach it and make it work again.

Unlike videogames.

Your analogy is retarded.
    He obviously made peace with missing a brain.
    In before infraction.

Please do not insult other forum users. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-03-08 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know, my ilvl 496 ret (only t14 2p) still sims considerably lower then my 492 WW (no set bonus at all).
    117k vs 98k patchwerk fight sim using the latest realaese but adding chi wave to the priority list.
    (This one's actually very important. It's not only a DPS increase of 6k, but also changes the stat scaling values heavily in favour of agility vs secondary stats)

Maybe i'll find the time to sim my estimated boss dummy DPS later and compare it to live results for both specs, but WW doesn't seem "broken" to me.
    Slight energy gaps still at 5500 haste, but that's more of a gear issue.

Still haven't had a chance to test both in a raiding environment as i damn often have to tank instead,
    but last night on Zorlok normal i did 72k DPS with stam food/flask, no propot, beeing mind controled literally every time, playing very cautiously on attenuation (possible loss of autoattack damage), and not caring about the last invoke xuen.... all while delaying RSKs / FoF way too often to count as "elite" player skill - with suboptimal raid buffs.

Under this conditions - it could be way worse if we actually were severly underperforming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    I don't know, my ilvl 496 ret (only t14 2p) still sims considerably lower then my 492 WW (no set bonus at all).
    117k vs 98k patchwerk fight sim using the latest realaese but adding chi wave to the priority list.
    (This one's actually very important. It's not only a DPS increase of 6k, but also changes the stat scaling values heavily in favour of agility vs secondary stats)

Maybe i'll find the time to sim my estimated boss dummy DPS later and compare it to live results for both specs, but WW doesn't seem "broken" to me.
    Slight energy gaps still at 5500 haste, but that's more of a gear issue.

Still haven't had a chance to test both in a raiding environment as i damn often have to tank instead,
    but last night on Zorlok normal i did 72k DPS with stam food/flask, no propot, beeing mind controled literally every time, playing very cautiously on attenuation (possible loss of autoattack damage), and not caring about the last invoke xuen.... all while delaying RSKs / FoF way too often to count as "elite" player skill - with suboptimal raid buffs.

Under this conditions - it could be way worse if we actually were severly underperforming.
    Stopped reading at Sim.

Me dropping from 120-130k to 100k dps in more than enough proof for me that they went overboard with the nerfs. and thats me ranking top10 on maegera and tortos and high on others.

Deleted
    Even if you want to talk about simming, we're simming DEAD LAST of all classes and specs if we go 2H or way below mid with 1H in T14H gear. While we're simming 3rd with T15H which most people will not even dream of achieving. Meaning throughout all of normal mode, we'll be utter shit with these nerfs.

I dropped from constantly being #1 or 2 on the DPS meters (I've constantly ranked between 12 and 100 throughout T14) to being one of the last. I haven't lost my touch and yet I've dropped to one of the last spots after these nerfs.

This nerf is retarded and should be undone. If they're afraid of our DPS in full T15H, then change our scaling values and for crying out loud... change the trinket. And if we still happen to do too much DPS in a few months - THEN and only THEN start thinking about nerfing our damage.

Edit: It's also fun that people are looking at the overall DPS charts on raidbots.com... it includes trash and therefor our really good AoE. Check individual boss fights if you want any decent results.
    Last edited by mmoc814469773f; 2013-03-08 at 03:11 PM.