Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Champion Relaunch: Karma, The Enlightened One

Well, the Visual Update for Karma is out, all we are waiting on now is her Kit remake.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3197509

I like the fact that they kept her Traditional look. Not as fond of the new one so I'll be using the (free!) traditional skin.

The new kit:

Gathering Fire – Hitting enemy champions with Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.

Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area. Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place. Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

Inspire – Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost. Defiance – Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.

Mantra – Empowers Karma’s abilities, adding an extra effect to the next ability cast.

The AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._relaunch_ama/
    Last edited by Axethor; 2013-03-20 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added new kit

Looking good, always been one of my favourite champions. Can't wait for the remake though, even though I liked her, she only got fun when you have a good amount of CDR and AP. She felt a bit like Dota2 invovker when you were low level, you couldn't do what you wanted to do fast enough. I suppose you could argue it really made you think about your skills before using them. But really the game play was just boring.

Anyway I hope the kit feels the same, just has an actual ulti

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    It's happening! I seriously can't wait.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    Apparently she's gonna be a support-mage like Orianna or Lux. More reasons to by her right now for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, she doesn't have the fans anymore, but she gets flying laser beam things.

I hope it looks like the deathstar when she uses spirit bond (if that's even the move still)

Deleted
    Can't wait for it and it seems like it's true. Still a bit skeptical on how good this will turn out but meh...

when is the relaunch ?

btw I cant stand karma due to her kit im not sure I still want to get her or not

Will be missed ~

Deleted
    Vintage Karma will be available for purchase for two weeks after Karma officially hits the live servers. After that, Vintage Karma will be retired to our legacy skins vault.
    So get her while you can if you want the skin!

I seriously don't get how some people could complain about her visual makeover. Have you SEEN her current model?

Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    btw I cant stand karma due to her kit im not sure I still want to get her or not
    Her kit is being reworked as well.

I admit I'm going to miss the fans. The mantle thing looks too much like Irelia, imo.

Still, her kit always felt kind of wonky to me so I look forward to this hopefully being a noticeable improvement.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The reason the mantle looks a lot like Irelia's is because they both have the Mantle of Decorum, which is an honor given to them by the people of their homeland, Ionia.

(Basically, it's a lore reason.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I seriously don't get how some people could complain about her visual makeover. Have you SEEN her current model?
    Yup .

Then you should be able to acknowledge it's dull as shit. The new one adds at least SOME color and I think that will help her a lot.

Deleted
    Mind uploading it to imgur or something? LoL site blocked in school

I've seen this video about a LoL character mocking every other LoL character in the game (at the time) and his mock for her was simply "Who?", I've never seen her played in the entire time that I've been playing LoL so she must have been a very badly designed champion or there were other champions that could do the job a lot better, hope this remake brings her into the fields of justice more.

Deleted
    I actually find her current look is great and, most importantly, unique. She isn't one of the ten thousand barbies that seem to flood the league. With this VU they basically shoved her in that place as well. But oh well, in terms of looks it could be worse for sure.

To be honest, I actually think the new look is cool... it's just not Karma. If this was a new champ (which basically is in the end, considering they are changing VO, lore, abilities, look completely.....) I'd actually be excited, but they are just deleting the old Karma without any care for her fans (pun intended or not). Why couldn't they just make Traditional the base skin and the new "look" a skin or something? I still don't understand.

ALSO I'M GOING TO MISS THE PIMPWALK

Very excited for this. I would obviously have preferred actual buffs, but I'll take what I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    so she must have been a very badly designed champion
    [video]man_laughing.avi[/video]
    Riot could've easily fixed her by just making her tether stun like Wisp does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Then you should be able to acknowledge it's dull as shit. The new one adds at least SOME color and I think that will help her a lot.
    It's fittingly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Why couldn't they just make Traditional the base skin and the new "look" a skin or something? I still don't understand.

ALSO I'M GOING TO MISS THE PIMPWALK
    From surrenderat20:

"anyone who owns Karma before her relaunch will get this Traditional Karma skin for free"

(cant see the image but i suppose its the current Karma skin and VO)
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

We finally have an obviously black champion. HURRAH!

This it not racist, it's an observation.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo