Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    well a fat person doesnt have that shame they just eat whatever they want and stuff themselves and go on to blame everyone else.
    or think they can just have lapband surgery to make them skinny again
    We need to shame these fat people that will make them lose weight not make excuses for them and give them surgery to make them skinny.. if they cant give up eating that much then they should be shamed
    Go around shaming fat people and see where that gets you. See if you can make it to double digits before you get your teeth knocked out for being an asshole.

Fat people do not bother me. People that do not mind their own business and think they know what is best for everyone else do.
    I like sandwiches

I will admit it, I am over weight (I'm 5'1 but I won't go into details on the weight) but I have been trying to lose weight. I do not blame anyone else.

You are not right to generalize all overweight people because of one person. Yes, it's my fault. Yes I am fixing it. (I've lost 15 pounds in about 4 months)

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No-one blames anything except their own habits.
    I recommend the thisisthinprivilege Tumblr blog, which is a nonstop stream of people that insist that obesity has absolutely nothing to do with people's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post

watch this, some of the things he covers sort of relate to your topic
    He fucking said something like "if u offend me, I'll eat more to feel better. ", and that's ... idk the word.. but well I used to be fat too, and unless you've a genes problem u'll lose weigh if u take care of yourself (oh the irony I started smoking cigs) but well I loss a lot of weigh a lot, now I'm skinny and still "ugly body" because I don't do a shit in the day(exercises or so) I went to the gym for 6 months in a row then well I got 3 toes broke so I couldn't go anymore to the gym, for around 4 months I couldn't do a shit. but well after 2 of that I didn't go back to the gym yet, I'm still skinny because I just eat the necessary things, well junk food too but I don't abuse it like I used to do before. So stop being a pussy.

But still I do agree with him in a lot of things. Just wanted to share that.

even he said something like try to cut your calories to half, (because he has to do it cause he eat around 4000? or so rofl) I mean c'mon like I said it's your own fault, stop making the same mistakes and learn, it isn't easy but it's for you but if u like eating a lot, do whatever u want stay fat or do enough exercises to burn those calories, Michael Phelps eat around 12000 calories a day or so rofl

he also said rofl, it takes too much self control, to stop eating too much, c'mon please stop being a pussy ( sorry for saying this word). who the fuck doesn't like to eat a lot of junk food all the damn time 24/7? well every1, but after you try and start losing weigh, u'll still eating but u'll lose that "love" for food, just yeah it takes self control
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-03-07 at 03:57 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

As much as it is, that it is the persons own fault in which they are overweight, I myself being one thou I barely ever eat , Just drink alot of pop and game all day long. Seriously, it's a miracle I havent ODed on coke or something lol, I barely ever touch water. Anyway, You also gotta think, If you go to the store or some really good restaurant or something and you compare the food which is VERY healthy for you , and then look at all that crap on the menu that's unhealthy. Which one do you think is more expensive? The healthy food, That plays a pretty big factor on why people choose to eat food which is unhealthy for them. I eat pretty damn healthy either way thou, salads, your average amount of meat, ect. I think my only down fall is the amount of milk and pop I drink.

Excuse my shitty grammar, I atleast try.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-03-07 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard generalizing people based on one person you know means you should make a thread on how bad all these people are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    Less than 20% body fat
    Under 20% body fat is considered underweight for women. And if only just below, overweight for men.

Ideal for a woman (medically speaking) is 20-21%. Men is 13-17%.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

[QUOTE=superstarz;20442641Why do fat people never take responsibility for being fat and blame genes/others?[/QUOTE]

Never? Sweeping generalizations ahoy!

I'm overweight and take full responsibility due to years of a sedentary lifestyle and over-consumption of soda.

But they're not entirely wrong. Genetics and other factors do play a pretty big part in weight gain. Even running the heat during winter and the air during summer causes our hypothalamus to not have to work nearly as hard to regulate our body temperature, which is a pretty substantial contribution to our basal metabolic rate.

The studies are there to find. The same conclusion has been reached by multiple sources. First and foremost, despite what the media makes it out to be, it's not just an American problem. ALL first-world countries with the same modern conveniences and factory-food as America has shown dramatic increases in the obesity rates across the whole population, and studies indicate that we, as a whole, are putting on weight much more quickly than the average daily lifestyle and caloric intake suggests we should, so other things outside of just over eating and lack of exercise are contributing.

This being said, genetics DO NOT make a person MORBIDLY OBESE. If you're so fat that you can't walk, and you don't have some kind of freak medical condition which causes humongous tumor growths, you have no one to blame for yourself. Genetics and other outlying factors simply make it easier to put the wait on and harder to take it off. There are also the psychological factors. Some people can become addicted to food. And yes, while addiction is almost always the addicted person's fault, once that addiction clicks, it becomes considerably harder to break those bad habits.

I've been working at it for 2 years now, and have lost about 30 pounds total. Every day my coworker that's as thin as a toothpick and does nothing but lounge around outside of work comes in each morning with McDonalds breakfast and leaves to get more fastfood for lunch. And these are not small meals by any means. And he's always sipping on soda and usually makes two trips to the vending machines per day to grab a bag of chips.

And here I am, eating no more than 1600-1800 calories a day and try to get at least 20-30 minutes of physical activity in a day, and I'm still pretty hefty. Of course, people tell me all the time I look nowhere near as heavy as my weight indicates, but I also have a large frame and I lift weights, which might account for a LITTLE bit of it, but with all this effort, I should definitely have lost more than 30 pounds so far in the last year or so.

But hey, at least I AM making progress. Slowly, but surely.

-----------------------------

At the end of the day, though, personal accountability should be a part of everyone's life. Not just for certain things, but for everything.
    Last edited by Veyne; 2013-03-07 at 03:22 PM. Reason: medical != metal :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    So i know this fat person and she is really fat
    So fat to the point she cant walk without having pains in her knee.

But when people ask her to lose weight she says she cant lose weight and shes fat because its in her genes.

When i heard that i was just thinking.
    "oh its your genes making you fat is it? it's not the 2 bacon and egg sandwiches and 3 hashbrowns and sausages you had for breakfast, or the whole pizza, garlic bread and 10 chicken wings and 2litre coke you had for dinner?

seriously people need to own up to their actions.
    If i wanted to be fat i could, i could eat anything i want and get fat but i choose not to.
    Eating is like a luxury, especially eating food that taste good.
    So sometimes people need to sacrafice some food to lose weight..

Do you know a fat person who blames others or genes for their weight?
    Or are you a fat person who blames others?
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Obesity has more than one cause. "Eating too much" might be the most common cause, but it's not the only cause. Hypothyroidism, genetics, hormonal imbalances, clinical depression, several types of allergies, and Celiac are all known causes. By the way, acausal obesity also happens. Eating less, notably, won't help any of these; consuming fewer calories has a slowing effect on the metabolism.

Not that you're telling the truth about what this person eats, of course.

Regards,
    Someone who's never been overweight, but can eat a whole pizza at a sitting.

Sure 210 is a healthy weight, if you're 6'8" tall

I am 6'0 and 150, but I don't even look twiggy

I look a bit more built than this http://oi50.tinypic.com/2d8jtld.jpg
    So because I'm not you 200-210 isn't healthy? You realize people are different? I'm 6ft tall and just have a bigger build and I've been weight lifting for over a year now so yeah if I didn't lift then yeah my weight would be in the 180 range for healthy. Don't try and generalize everyone. My cousin is 5'10" and weighs 195 and has barely any fat and has been fit his whole life, my family are just big people in general even when fit. Also the BMI scale is a load of shit, I'm pretty sure my doctor knows more then you when it comes to what weight I should be at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like the ideal BMI range isn't the same for everyone, I think it's safe to say that ideal weight isn't the same for everyone either. Trying to fit everyone into one category never has worked, and never will. Same goes for just about everything else that has to do with human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I heard generalizing people based on one person you know means you should make a thread on how bad all these people are.
    as i said before its not just one person though..
    how about the fat people who sue mcdonalds for making them fat.
    or how about the british family who doesnt work because they are too fat and blame it on genetics and they want more money from the government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people do this. Doesn't bother me, except when they tell me i am not fat because of my genes when i actually work for it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure 210 is a healthy weight, if you're 6'8" tall

I am 6'0 and 150, but I don't even look twiggy

I look a bit more built than this http://oi50.tinypic.com/2d8jtld.jpg
    That is quite a bit underweight, unless you are a small framed person (and even then it is still a bit underweight). That can be just as unhealthy as being overweight.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    That is quite a bit underweight, unless you are a small framed person (and even then it is still a bit underweight). That can be just as unhealthy as being overweight.
    Why unhealthy? Because of tenuous correlations? Science tries to deal in absolutes but I don't think the weight/health correlation exists in anything more than relative effects. As in, underweight for your particular weight, or overweight for your particular weight, which can vary based on metabolism, gut flora, hormonal changes, etc.

So i know this fat person and she is really fat
    So fat to the point she cant walk without having pains in her knee.

But when people ask her to lose weight she says she cant lose weight and shes fat because its in her genes.

When i heard that i was just thinking.
    "oh its your genes making you fat is it? it's not the 2 bacon and egg sandwiches and 3 hashbrowns and sausages you had for breakfast, or the whole pizza, garlic bread and 10 chicken wings and 2litre coke you had for dinner?

seriously people need to own up to their actions.
    If i wanted to be fat i could, i could eat anything i want and get fat but i choose not to.
    Eating is like a luxury, especially eating food that taste good.
    So sometimes people need to sacrafice some food to lose weight..

Do you know a fat person who blames others or genes for their weight?
    Or are you a fat person who blames others?
    Im the opposite. Im super skinny but i consume 3000 calories a day. Im sure genes is a factor in it

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Never? Sweeping generalizations ahoy!

I'm overweight and take full responsibility due to years of a sedentary lifestyle and over-consumption of soda.

But they're not entirely wrong. Genetics and other factors do play a pretty big part in weight gain. Even running the heat during winter and the air during summer causes our hypothalamus to not have to work nearly as hard to regulate our body temperature, which is a pretty substantial contribution to our basal metabolic rate.

The studies are there to find. The same conclusion has been reached by multiple sources. First and foremost, despite what the media makes it out to be, it's not just an American problem. ALL first-world countries with the same modern conveniences and factory-food as America has shown dramatic increases in the obesity rates across the whole population, and studies indicate that we, as a whole, are putting on weight much more quickly than the average daily lifestyle and caloric intake suggests we should, so other things outside of just over eating and lack of exercise are contributing.

This being said, genetics DO NOT make a person MORBIDLY OBESE. If you're so fat that you can't walk, and you don't have some kind of freak metal condition which causes humongous tumor growths, you have no one to blame for yourself. Genetics and other outlying factors simply make it easier to put the wait on and harder to take it off. There are also the psychological factors. Some people can become addicted to food. And yes, while addiction is almost always the addicted person's fault, once that addiction clicks, it becomes considerably harder to break those bad habits.

I've been working at it for 2 years now, and have lost about 30 pounds total. Every day my coworker that's as thin as a toothpick and does nothing but lounge around outside of work comes in each morning with McDonalds breakfast and leaves to get more fastfood for lunch. And these are not small meals by any means. And he's always sipping on soda and usually makes two trips to the vending machines per day to grab a bag of chips.

And here I am, eating no more than 1600-1800 calories a day and try to get at least 20-30 minutes of physical activity in a day, and I'm still pretty hefty. Of course, people tell me all the time I look nowhere near as heavy as my weight indicates, but I also have a large frame and I lift weights, which might account for a LITTLE bit of it, but with all this effort, I should definitely have lost more than 30 pounds so far in the last year or so.

But hey, at least I AM making progress. Slowly, but surely.

-----------------------------

At the end of the day, though, personal accountability should be a part of everyone's life. Not just for certain things, but for everything.
    Quoting for truth. Except in very rare cases like that, there's no real excuse for being morbidly obese. Genetics /do/ play a factor in it, though, as well as other issues. Skinny =/= healthy. You're probably way healthier than your friend that lounges around eating McDonalds all day. Generalizations like folks are spouting in this thread are why issues like anorexia are why we have issues like anorexia and ect. The problem is people tend to not differentiate between morbidly obese and just over the average weight limit and juts label it all as "fat." One could quite easily do that with people dangerously underweight and at the average by calling them all "skinny." It doesn't do much good.

Basically, morbidly obese = almost always a bad thing.
    A bit overweight = some people really can't help and yes, it can be the fault of genetics/they can be healthier than plenty of folks that are on the skinnier side.

as i said before its not just one person though..
    how about the fat people who sue mcdonalds for making them fat.
    or how about the british family who doesnt work because they are too fat and blame it on genetics and they want more money from the government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html
    So instead of asking "why are stupid people stupid" you decide to focus on one particular group of stupid people (who happen to be fat)?

But then I have a feeling that you know full well that not all fat people act the same way, because otherwise you'd have to be pretty damn unintelligent. And you're aren't as unintelligent as you're trying to make us believe, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could the OP write that in any way that makes him sound like more of a hateful biggot? Let people live like they want.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Cause that's what fat people do. It's more than weight, it's a lifestyle.

Some people work to lose the pounds though. Not all fat people are fat by choice/laziness.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥