Something people don't understand about zerging rares.

If you wait and let other people get in on the kill, more people have a chance to loot the stones, faster progression to phase 2. So people stop being asshats and zerging down the rares just to deprive other people.

I mean we have people that are popping hero and going all out just so people cant make it in time on my server(cenarius-us).
    Last edited by Amiright; 2013-03-07 at 03:36 AM.

Dont think people care tbh.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I don't think people realize they changed the mechanics yet. I was in a group earlier that killed a rare and then a fight ensued because one guy was accusing another of being a ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like someone was a slowpoke
    Sorry I'm not holding up a kill for some slowbie sitting on the other side of the map crying "waaaaiitttt furr meee!"
    Deal with it.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

How dare people fight and kill a rare without waiting for every tom, Dick and Harry to run half way across the map to their position and get credit for the kill, just so dam selfish.

Deleted
    I start to kill the rare when I see it. If noone makes it there in time. Too bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    If you wait and let other people get in on the kill, more people have a chance to loot the stones, faster progression to phase 2. So people stop being asshats and zerging down the rares just to deprive other people.

I mean we have people that are popping hero and going all out just so people cant make it in time on my server(cenarius-us).
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure progression is limited to a certain amount per day, that most decent population realms hit rather easily. So it won't really help you unlock phase two faster.

In the same logic as waiting for more people to tag it and get in on the kill, couldn't you just wait and get in on the next one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to wait for just anybody if I see rare. Not going to risk getting killed by Alliance guy or by the rare. That is, if I'm already in combat with the rare. If I spot a rare that nobody is fighting yet, I can wait.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-03-07 at 08:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I don't think people realize they changed the mechanics yet. I was in a group earlier that killed a rare and then a fight ensued because one guy was accusing another of being a ninja.
    Because people are idiots not understanding how things work in the game - but understandable when blizzard changes things on a whim, and only zone to zone basis (not updating old stuff with it).

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm not going to wait for just anybody if I see rare. Not going to risk getting killed by Alliance guy or by the rare. That is, if I'm already in combat with the rare. If I spot a rare that nobody is fighting yet, I can wait.
    If they don´t help you kill it its their own fault for being idiots, or was the sharing limited to one side?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    If they don´t help you kill it its their own fault for being idiots, or was the sharing limited to one side?
    I believe both Horde and Alliance can get the credit at the same time, but what I meant by waiting is that I would announce in general chat that rare x is up in spot y, wait for a few minutes, and then go for it. Yeah, that does sound like me. I would definately do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit the mob 2-4 times then stand there and wait, no point in killing the mob in 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

They made the stone drops once per week per toon anyway so people really need to stop farming them after they get their stone.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I start to kill the rare when I see it. If noone makes it there in time. Too bad for them.
    Beyond a shout in /general or on some servers their rare spawn channel people shouldn't expect much more. After missing one rare spawn because I waited to let ppl jump in on another and draw out the fight and wait time to pull. I wont be sitting and waiting again. They spawn fast enough that if a quick announcement that one has spawned isn't enough then hey I tried but too bad if you didn't get there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't blame people for killing something ASAP in fear of: Being killed by the rare or by being killed by an enemy player.

I mean.. my realm isn't so safe for Horde ya know. Not going to wait for every alliance to came and gather so they can grief and kill me.

I saw a rare yesterday and did a /yell to let people know they should come help me kill it. Beyond that, I'm not going to wait, and wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

That said, these rares seem to have a pretty low respawn timer (I saw the haywire construct being killed while its corpse was lying around nearby, f.ex.), so it's not a huge deal if you miss a kill.