Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    What is the best 1 on 1 class?

    In your opinion, what is the class that overall has the most chance 1 v 1?

    Also, what is the best world PvP class? I would say rogues but they seem to not do enough burst to quickly kill someone before other people can see and come to help.

  2. #2
    Well considering rogues are the only class that does not follow the "pvp isn't balanced around 1v1" rule I'd say them...

  3. #3
    High Overlord Strear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    125
    First, remind that 1 vs 1 is not significant in terms of pvp as you mostly play in team and that's where things truly take place. Anyway, it can be a little indicator of how classes changed ; my mate is a rogue, and when I won 9 matches on 10 tuesday, I lost 9 on 10 yesterday agains him. I don't play rogue, but such a drastic change in somes of their tools (he told me he played the same way he always does) makes more than a difference.

  4. #4
    Shadow Priest.

    They're the only class that is a hard counter to all classes that dominate 1v1 (eg. Rogue, Mage, etc).

  5. #5
    full resilience with conversion talent +blood presence unholy dk spec.no 1 can kill me

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    First, remind that 1 vs 1 is not significant in terms of pvp as you mostly play in team and that's where things truly take place. Anyway, it can be a little indicator of how classes changed ; my mate is a rogue, and when I won 9 matches on 10 tuesday, I lost 9 on 10 yesterday agains him. I don't play rogue, but such a drastic change in somes of their tools (he told me he played the same way he always does) makes more than a difference.
    I know, but I'm talking in a purely world PvP/duel perspective. I play arena just for arena cap, I have more fun ganking/tanking over towns and then fighting the Alliance that come to defend etc. I just find it more spontaneous and fun (I'm not super competitive). I used to always play a rogue, and they were pretty good for this, as vanish/stealth was such a huge deal in world PvP. But after MoP I just couldn't do enough damage like I can with the frost DK I currently play.

    That's why I was wondering if rogues are again good in world PvP.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    That's why I was wondering if rogues are again good in world PvP.
    Stealth makes rogues excellent gankers but they're not a line holding class like a Shadow Priests/Warriors/etc.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Stealth makes rogues excellent gankers but they're not a line holding class like a Shadow Priests/Warriors/etc.
    yeah that's what kinda sucks. with my rogue I'd gank one person, and have to blow a lot of CDs to beat them, but if a second person came along, 80% of the time I'd have to bail before I could finish the kill.

    with my frost DK on the other hand, i have to pop 2 1 min CDs in order to burst someone down to 0 health in under 10 seconds, and if a second person comes alone, I still have all of my moves up and a 50% heal, allowing me to switch to them.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    yeah that's what kinda sucks. with my rogue I'd gank one person, and have to blow a lot of CDs to beat them, but if a second person came along, 80% of the time I'd have to bail before I could finish the kill.

    with my frost DK on the other hand, i have to pop 2 1 min CDs in order to burst someone down to 0 health in under 10 seconds, and if a second person comes alone, I still have all of my moves up and a 50% heal, allowing me to switch to them.
    Shadow Priests are similar, but they can fight 2 people with resilience from the get go.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Shadow Priests are similar, but they can fight 2 people with resilience from the get go.
    as a frost DK shadow priests are probably the easiest class for me to kill. really any caster that isn't a healer tbh.

  11. #11
    Mage is the best 1v1/x class.

  12. #12
    Hunters or warlocks. The only class that a lock should EVER EVER EVER lose to 1v1 is a hunter. And exactly the same thing vice versa for hunters. Anything else should be a free kill for you 1v1 even if you're caught with your pants down with a few abilities on cd.

    And no, this isn't exclusive to any spec of either class. If you're a competent player of the class as a whole you can use literally any spec and make the above hold true.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    as a frost DK shadow priests are probably the easiest class for me to kill. really any caster that isn't a healer tbh.
    this shadow isn't a good spec to recommend the OP for 1v1 especially in a duel scenario.. if you can get Fear> LOS's off then shadows not a problem. but dueling in elywnn its fear > (trinket/fear breaker) > gap closer.

    vs a caster shadow only has a 45second cd silence vs mage/locks 24, combine that with a burst that requires 3 orbs and any dk/rogue/warrior will of locked you down and killed you before you see 3 orbs.

  14. #14
    Huntar

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk Darksoldierr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,813
    Demo lock or rogue
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,847
    Rogue, Warlock, Warrior or Mage.
    Heyoo!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    full resilience with conversion talent +blood presence unholy dk spec.no 1 can kill me
    Any decent bm hunter will kill you w/o popping a major cd.
    The kiting + spirit mends/exhil -> you will lose that fight 100- 0 no way you can do anything atall vs a decent hunt in gear, you will simply not be able to deal any damage/ the little damage you do pull off he will regain faster. All he needs to do offensively is to keep ss & wv up and prioritize AS when you have absorbs up -> and you will die.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Any decent bm hunter will kill you w/o popping a major cd.
    The kiting + spirit mends/exhil -> you will lose that fight 100- 0 no way you can do anything atall vs a decent hunt in gear, you will simply not be able to deal any damage/ the little damage you do pull off he will regain faster. All he needs to do offensively is to keep ss & wv up and prioritize AS when you have absorbs up -> and you will die.
    That's because BM is broken OP since cataclysm. Just roll your face across the keyboard for instant 2400.

  19. #19
    Human Unholy DK,
    sitting in Bloodpresence,
    10700+ resilience,
    super defensiv runic usage to keep 100% conversion uptime,
    spamming DEATH STRIKE,
    with Death's Advance vs kiter and Asphyxiate vs melee.

    very hard to counter in 1v1.

  20. #20
    rogue, spriest, and frost mage are generally all around good at 1v1 and have been for a very long time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •