Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Definitely UH DK's. I don't know why people are saying SP, they're terrible one on one...

BM Hunter, or maybe UH DK.

Arms Warrior is atm best Duel class, with huge burst spells

Quote Originally Posted by Garrosh-Hellscream View Post
    Arms Warrior is atm best Duel class, with huge burst spells
    Utterly clueless. I don't mean to be rude, but Warrior is -far- from the best duel class.

Deleted
    Unholy dk ?! Maybe if you are caster. Nothing happened in 5.2 to suddenly make dks really good at 1v1.

I suggest WW monk for 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Nothing happened in 5.2 to suddenly make dks really good at 1v1.
    I take it you don't know UH DKs can run around with 470k health, spamming death strikes, have second wind on at all times, a pet controlled stun, a 1min silence, buffed diseases and free gargoyles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I take it you don't know UH DKs can run around with 470k health, spamming death strikes, have second wind on at all times, a pet controlled stun, a 1min silence, buffed diseases and free gargoyles.
    And can still be kited to kingdom come by the traditional kiting classes. Can't Death Strike spam if there's nothing in range to hit. Melees will almost never be the best for 1v1 because of kiting. With a hunter no longer having to stop moving for any reason whatsoever, they are pretty much kings of 1v1 combat. Strong offensive CDs. The only thing that can really survive a hunter are healers build to be purely defensive. And that's just surviving, to then kill a hunter you have to be able to out damage the heals that they have, which isn't terribly hard, but can be a challenge if you're busy fighting to keep your green bar up.

Either way, the best in most situation is likely hunters. They simply have the best tools to handle whatever they come up against.
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue in my opinion.

on my unholy dk i can generally beat any class spec one on one, but its rare to ever get a one on one fight without some shows up and helps or attacks me. for me personally its unholy because its my favorite to play and im good at. I dont think theres a true best

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Hunter being the only hard counter to mages (if the mage sucks) and everyone complains about hunter, what fail logic by this horribly demented community
    Shadow priests have almost always been a hard counter to Mages. Back then it was due to Devouring Plague, now it's due to the Shadow Priest's incredible self healing coupled with decent control and defensive capabilities to outplay a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Well this is discussable but it could have something to do with shadow being very stationary, and that they cant kite.
    If you're playing as a stationary Shadow Priest (in a duel) and don't kite melee, you're doing it wrong.

If you take FDCL, Shadow's all about instant cast procs. If you take Insanity, Shadow's all about biding your time until you can get 3 orbs for a DP to Insanity nuke down some unsuspecting fool. Biding your time as a Shadow Priest is exceptionally easy with your 70K PWS, 60K Divine Star, 25K PoM and 60K Renew that you can pop every 15 seconds when you're locked out of Shadow spells.

There are only two consistent stationary DPS spells in Shadow's arsenal: Mind Blast and Vampiric Touch. Mind Flay Insanity is a burst spell and should be used when the enemy is feared or rooted.

Only classes that stand a chance against a hunter with more than 2 neurons are shadow priests and locks (especially demo spec).
    Multiple stuns > hunters though. This can be either from a rogue or a 2v1 fight in a BG. A lot of other ranged classes have better odds against 2 stun happy melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I don't see how playing like a tank is conducive at all to being good at 1v1. Especially against any class that has decent self healing.

Unholy dk ?! Maybe if you are caster. Nothing happened in 5.2 to suddenly make dks really good at 1v1.

I suggest WW monk for 1v1.
    Warriors got nerfed, HUGE, HUGE, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEE FHIWEHFIHWEUIHFUIWEH buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might not be the best option but I would always go for Rogue. They are just so much fun to me with stealth and vanish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    If you're playing as a stationary Shadow Priest (in a duel) and don't kite melee, you're doing it wrong.

If you take FDCL, Shadow's all about instant cast procs. If you take Insanity, Shadow's all about biding your time until you can get 3 orbs for a DP to Insanity nuke down some unsuspecting fool. Biding your time as a Shadow Priest is exceptionally easy with your 70K PWS, 60K Divine Star, 25K PoM and 60K Renew that you can pop every 15 seconds when you're locked out of Shadow spells.

There are only two consistent stationary DPS spells in Shadow's arsenal: Mind Blast and Vampiric Touch. Mind Flay Insanity is a burst spell and should be used when the enemy is feared or rooted.
    Let me know how you kite a warrior and then we can talk. I obviously move as much as possible, but proccs are unreliable, and priests are no where near as mobile as most other casters are in comparison, reliably. Denying the fact that priests are very stationary is just silly.

In my definition of kiting, in involves that you run while slowing your opponent, and using gapopeners. Priests dont have any gapopeners, and they dont have any slows upon which you dont have to stand still yourself. Thats why a priest cant kite. They can CC however, but i was talking about the scenario of when you can't do that, such as against a competent warrior.

And your junk talk about "biding time", while true/agreeable, Is hardly as "godly" as you speak about. PW:S is good, i give you that, but our heals have been nerfed 3 times, are dispellable, and is nothing thats gonna keep you up, certainly not vs a warrior whacking on you with mortal strike aswell. When he sits on you, you then have to do some MBs, upon you have to first fake him. When you've done that he shockwaves you, when thats done he can charge stun you, fear you or whatever to stop it from coming. My flash heal heals for maybe 25k / a cast with MS up. If you get a full fear off on a warrior you're not even topped off spamming flash heal for full duration, and being almost oom.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone said warrior.. LOL

Deleted
    probably rogue! depends on the patch really.

Let me know how you kite a warrior and then we can talk. I obviously move as much as possible, but proccs are unreliable, and priests are no where near as mobile as most other casters are in comparison, reliably. Denying the fact that priests are very stationary is just silly.

In my definition of kiting, in involves that you run while slowing your opponent, and using gapopeners. Priests dont have any gapopeners, and they dont have any slows upon which you dont have to stand still yourself. Thats why a priest cant kite. They can CC however, but i was talking about the scenario of when you can't do that, such as against a competent warrior.
    First off, your definition of kiting is wrong. Kiting as it is defined in WoW PvP is when you can stay out of melee range for whatever reason. Priests have gap openers. Primarily fear and psyfiend/void tendrils. Void Tendrils are exceptionally powerful against Melee but most people roll with Psyfiend. Psyfiend, even against anti-fear classes like Warriors is still exceptionally useful. The Warrior will charge at you so you pop a fear bomb which will be blocked by Berserker Rage. Wait the 10 seconds for Berserker Rage to fall off and drop a Psyfiend. If they don't trinket it, you have roughly 6-8 seconds to pop some DoTs, run like the wind or do some Mind Flaying until the fear breaks. If they trinket it, great! drop a 1 orb Psychic Horror and call it a day.

And your junk talk about "biding time", while true/agreeable, Is hardly as "godly" as you speak about. PW:S is good, i give you that, but our heals have been nerfed 3 times, are dispellable, and is nothing thats gonna keep you up, certainly not vs a warrior whacking on you with mortal strike aswell.
    Let me add it up for you. 70K PWS + 60K Divine Star + 60K Renew + 20K PoM is a reliable uninterruptable 210K every 15 seconds. 50% health over 15 seconds is as powerful as Second Wind.

I don't see how warriors can dispel Priest heals.

When he sits on you, you then have to do some MBs, upon you have to first fake him. When you've done that he shockwaves you, when thats done he can charge stun you, fear you or whatever to stop it from coming.
    First off, you don't cold cast or even fake as a Shadow Priest. Either Mind Blast immediately after a fear or eat the interrupt and heal yourself. Dispersion the shock wave, eat the charge and Fear Ward the Intimidating shout?

My flash heal heals for maybe 25k / a cast with MS up. If you get a full fear off on a warrior you're not even topped off spamming flash heal for full duration, and being almost oom.
    If you're a Shadow Priest and you're healing yourself with Flash Heal, you've lost the fight.

I also like how you've completely forgot about Vampiric Embrace, one of the few spells capable of a full heal in this game when coupled with Insanity.

Deleted
    Maybe it's a bit off topic, but my SP frustrated me a lot in Cata, couldn't play it for more than 1 hour in BGs, for one reason: couldn't force some classes to fight me, if they just don't want to fight me, especially mounted players that just decide to pass. This is also true for world pvp. It's not that bad with a rogue or hunter or warrior.

I don't know if anything changed in MoP, but I still see no snare and guess a SP is still sub par at forcing fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Maybe it's a bit off topic, but my SP frustrated me a lot in Cata, couldn't play it for more than 1 hour in BGs, for one reason: couldn't force some classes to fight me, if they just don't want to fight me, especially mounted players that just decide to pass. This is also true for world pvp. It's not that bad with a rogue or hunter or warrior.

I don't know if anything changed in MoP, but I still see no snare and guess a SP is still sub par at forcing fights.
    Yup, And it definitely does not help when you also massively outgear most of your opponents in bgs.
    Ive completely stopped pvp on my hunter, not because its bad because its so good its dull.
    Only once per full moon will another player duel you, and when you finally dare to ask someone (that you think looks reasonably decent) all you get is complaints.
    Much more fun to play a somewhat mediocre class or under geared char. Alot more action coming your way and you can still take down stronger classes played badly if you play well. The only downside is that if you meet a highly geared/ skilled opponent your doomed without assistance. But to me the amount of action you get completely outshines the pain of losing to someone you know your main would roflstomp.

I would love it if they added a non-rated 1v1 bracket you could queue for.

Dueling on the arena maps = awesome.