Poll: Which side will you choose to fight for?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It's not our fault. We had a good thing going. All you guys had to do was expand parliament and expand government and we could have had one large nation or empire.

The first flag we made was to express that very hope that we could still have a grand union with Great Britain. The Grand Union Flag replaced stars once it was obvious that an equal, collective union wasn't possible.
    That flag looks hideous, I am glad the USA won just so I dont have to see that abomination.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    That flag looks hideous, I am glad the USA won just so I dont have to see that abomination.
    Only reason America didn't use it is because Britain used it on their trade ships in India. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Star spangled seizure anyone?

The good news is that the angry people in the middle east would have no way to effectively make their own flags to burn so instead they would have to buy them from companies potentially in the US or UK

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    The situation in Hawai'i was/is far and away a different thing, not even remotely the same.
    No. Its the same. Just personal bias making it confusing. A thief will never call himself a thief

10+ Year Old Account
    Death to the Nobility! Death to the king!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I would have sided with the brits. If every farmer goes against the establishment as soon as he decides the taxes are too high, we would have anarchy everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Death to the Nobility! Death to the king!
    You would wish death upon the mentally ill? He was not called "Mad" King George for nothing you know?

You would wish death upon the mentally ill? He was not called "Mad" King George for nothing you know?
    Only for the greater good.

The greater good...

The greater good...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Only for the greater good.

The greater good...

The greater good...
    Play Warhammer as the Tau by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    *puts on his assassins hood*

for liberty!!!!!

Patriots.

I know what happens to the loyalists after the American Revolution. No thanks!

Play Warhammer as the Tau by any chance?
    Never played it.

I was quoting Hot Fuzz...

If I was like how I am now, I probably would have sided with the redcoats

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    What? They rebelled against a leader they felt "Corrupt" because he asked them to pay their fair share. They would have been up on arms if Britain HADN'T sent troops and then when they were asked to pay for them they whined and moaned.
    We know it was a fair share, the vast majority of the colonists didn't. My wife's Masters thesis was on silver in the colonies and she explained that during the Seven Years War, the British troops were often barracked in colonial homes (wayhey 3rd Amendment) who went out of their way to demonstrate their "Britishness" and bring out their posh goods. It meant that the soldiers going home had a false impression of American wealth that caused the British Parliament to be much angrier and stricter on the taxing side than they normally would have been. Add in the fact they were asking for only an eighth of what the British were paying for the American war and you have a fairly justifiably furious British Parliament.

Meanwhile the colonists were suddenly getting taxed with brute force, their representatives in Parliament ignoring their pleas (assigned reps, not elected) and they could not understand why representation wasn't being offered. They were equally pissed off, and sensing a pre-Glorious Revolution kind of situation, they felt as Brits they had a right to rebel. Frankly, they claimed, Britain's colonial laws were actually restricting the colonials by discouraging any militia-like or army-like units and making them rely upon Britain for their defence. France and Spain posed threats and were all around; the colonials had enlisted and fought in the Seven Years War and thought they'd earned their "loyalty" quotient. It's where Washington got his training, after all.

I think both sides are justified.

The Flag of the Grand Union is the only flag to have represented both Britain and America, and I have it hanging in my dining room
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Where's option C? "Move to Canada."
    Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *puts on his assassins hood*

for liberty!!!!!

Rebels all the way.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Rebels... Im not one for the monarchy... i think they are a complete waste of time and space
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton