Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Yes, they do
    Onyx Panthers are the prime way of transferring gold and the demand is so incredibly low so the price drops, and the alternative methods are either less reliable or require higher bulk
    Actually no;
    The prime way of transferring gold is with a guild bank - Which everybody who actually has a stable income of gold has and uses to it's fullest extent.
    Duping is still alive and going; Undermine has tons of actual goblins worried about it already and they have been for well over a month now due to the sudden influx of cheap panthers. (And TCG mounts.)

  2. #22
    He would of bought duped mounts on his old server to resell. Trust me, 99% of the panthers out there are duped, nobody makes them legit now due to the massive loss you'll make selling it.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    1,922
    I'd say its duped.
    Atleast on my server it is, bought several from 35-45k and resold for 50-60k.

    And nobody seems to care, he's been selling them nonstop for last month, im mostly curious just how many he actually has lol :P

  4. #24
    they don't ban you for buying it , but if the mount was duped it gonna be removed and you lose your golds.
    How about we let the parenting of kids to... their parents? No, seriously, World of Warcraft is a videogame. Gaming it's supposed to be a fun activity (if you have that fun through challenges, social interactions, etc is completely up to you). Not some kind of "School of Hard Knocks about the Real World".

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yeah, but there were some, weird things last expansion with mounts on high population servers. Thats why a bit afraid.
    Ah yeah. I got my crimson bony pony for 14k gold on moonguard. ^_^ I still have it. It was a sweet deal.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    I've noticed a couple weird trade spams @ Illidan US recently.
    WTS panther for 50 k / WTS panther for 55k. Price negotiable / Crazy deal on panther. pst me and so on.
    Same with at Arthas, same price.. allll day.

    Something is up.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Haven't gotten any wind of any recent duping or hacking waves. And if anything IS wrong, the guy who sold it to you is likely going to receive the ban hammer, not you.
    He's probably just transferred and wants his gold fast. You lucked out likely.

    You're fine little tinfoil hatted one. *pat*
    This statement is incorrect.

    Back in Cata I was playing the AH heavily and buying quite a bit of stuff from /trade - found myself in a situation where I thought I had lucked out and got a good deal on some items and it turns out it was a hacked account selling duped items. I listed these on the AH and went about my way. A few hours later, I got banned and was required to send Blizzard documentation proving my ownership of my account and my account would not be unbanned until I proved my idenity. All for simply buying something and being unaware that it was a hacked account.

    Should also be noted: The items I bought were removed and gold was not reimbursed.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-03-07 at 05:35 PM.

  8. #28
    panthers been as low as 30k on tarren mill, tons being duped.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,302
    Don't worry, just enjoy a good buy.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yeah, but there were some, weird things last expansion with mounts on high population servers. Thats why a bit afraid.

    There were a lot of ppl dupping mounts. I haven't seen that recently, but that doesn't mean it stopped. With the ppl buying up dupped mounts Blizzard did nothing to them, so history would suggest you are fine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Ah yeah. I got my crimson bony pony for 14k gold on moonguard. ^_^ I still have it. It was a sweet deal.
    Bought 3 for 5,000 it was a hell of a deal. Nice cheap mount for me and 2 for friends. The guy I got them from was clearly cheating he /w a few minutes later saying he made 2 more and wanted to see if I was interested.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Don't worry, just enjoy a good buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There were a lot of ppl dupping mounts. I haven't seen that recently, but that doesn't mean it stopped. With the ppl buying up dupped mounts Blizzard did nothing to them, so history would suggest you are fine.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:41 AM ----------



    Bought 3 for 5,000 it was a hell of a deal. Nice cheap mount for me and 2 for friends. The guy I got them from was clearly cheating he /w a few minutes later saying he made 2 more and wanted to see if I was interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    they don't ban you for buying it , but if the mount was duped it gonna be removed and you lose your golds.

    Not really great advice - the second they get done fixing all the 5.2 bugs, I'd expect a ban wave. Which, based on personal experience, has the potential to get buyers banned even if they are unaware that the items were duped.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-03-07 at 05:44 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    they don't ban you for buying it , but if the mount was duped it gonna be removed and you lose your golds.
    I have and know plenty of ppl with duped mounts they don't remove them from you. As long as it is just mount Blizzard seems to not care. When ppl try to replicate gear on the other hand they swoop in quickly and both parties get nailed.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    This statement is incorrect.

    Back in Cata I was playing the AH heavily and buying quite a bit of stuff from /trade - found myself in a situation where I thought I had lucked out and got a good deal on some items and it turns out it was a hacked account selling duped items. I listed these on the AH and went about my way. A few hours later, I got banned and was required to send Blizzard documentation proving my ownership of my account and my account would not be unbanned until I proved my idenity. All for simply buying something and being unaware that it was a hacked account.

    Should also be noted: The items I bought were removed and gold was not reimbursed.
    in the end you only got a "safety ban" to prevent more accounts from being hacked and compromised, they did not ban you for buying duped items

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuyin View Post
    in the end you only got a "safety ban" to prevent more accounts from being hacked and compromised, they did not ban you for buying duped items
    That makes zero sense. How does me buying an item from someone in game open me up to having my account compromised? And, even if that was the case, every single person buying a duped panther right now is a potential target for a "safety ban"

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    they don't ban you for buying it , but if the mount was duped it gonna be removed and you lose your golds.
    No, they won't. Blizzard used to do that in 4.3 when duping just started, many players who bought duped items without knowing got upset, now Blizzard ban only dupers.
    Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Not really great advice - the second they get done fixing all the 5.2 bugs, I'd expect a ban wave. Which, based on personal experience, has the potential to get buyers banned even if they are unaware that the items were duped.
    They might take the mount away and that is a huge maybe like maybe I'll get hit by lightning while reading my winning lotto numbers in my house today maybe. They certainly aren't going to ban the person that bought the mount.

    Really if you aren't comfortable doing it or don't want to risk the ever so tiny chance you lose the gold, then it is simple don't do it.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They might take the mount away and that is a huge maybe like maybe I'll get hit by lightning while reading my winning lotto numbers in my house today maybe. They certainly aren't going to ban the person that bought the mount.

    Really if you aren't comfortable doing it or don't want to risk the ever so tiny chance you lose the gold, then it is simple don't do it.
    I'm just letting people know. Maybe it's changed and blizzard doesn't give a crap anymore - but in my personal experience (read: not my guess, my actual experience) blizzard can/will/may ban you for buying duped items. Just because they haven't caught you, your friend, or whatever, doesn't mean it's doesn't happen to people or isn't a distinct possibility, or at least once was.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I'm just letting people know. Maybe it's changed and blizzard doesn't give a crap anymore - but in my personal experience (read: not my guess, my actual experience) blizzard can/will/may ban you for buying duped items. Just because they haven't caught you, your friend, or whatever, doesn't mean it's doesn't happen to people or isn't a distinct possibility, or at least once was.

    Since right before D3 launched ppl have been buying and selling duped mounts like crazy and not once in game or on forum boards like this have I seen anything about a single warning much less ban.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,058
    I got mine for 29k, sounsd really cheap :O

  20. #40
    Pandaren Monk Eis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,879
    As long as you aren't trying to profit off the dupers, I'm pretty sure Blizz gives you the benefit of the doubt and lets it slide. Because really, how bad would it be if they started banning every single person who bought a duped item? It'd create huge issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •