Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Got the panther mount really cheap. Quick question.

Long story short, a guy said he server xfered to my server. He brought over some onyx panthers to sell off at 55k instead of the mat cost at 72k. I have anything to worry about? He has invincible and has over 10k achievement points so I can assume he does play quite a bit. He even has the salty title. Just wandering if I got a good deal since im a worry wort over the whole mount sinanagains last xpac.

He probably has so much gold that he doesnt mind losing money on the sales, it's a good way to take more gold than the server transfer allows.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

That's a pretty standard way to xfer gold exceeding the cap, you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's a pretty standard way to xfer gold exceeding the cap, you're fine.
    Yeah, but there were some, weird things last expansion with mounts on high population servers. Thats why a bit afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't gotten any wind of any recent duping or hacking waves. And if anything IS wrong, the guy who sold it to you is likely going to receive the ban hammer, not you.
    He's probably just transferred and wants his gold fast. You lucked out likely.

You're fine little tinfoil hatted one. *pat*
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Haven't gotten any wind of any recent duping or hacking waves. And if anything IS wrong, the guy who sold it to you is likely going to receive the ban hammer, not you.

Well you cant be too careful these days really.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

a guildie bought that panther for 40k today so there is probably something going on with it.

I've noticed a couple weird trade spams @ Illidan US recently.
    WTS panther for 50 k / WTS panther for 55k. Price negotiable / Crazy deal on panther. pst me and so on.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2013-03-07 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    I've noticed a couple weird trade spams @ Illidan US recently.
    WTS panther for 50 k / WTS panther for 55k. Price negotiable / Crazy deal on panther. pst me and so on.
    Were they level 1s? lol

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Were they level 1s? lol
    the guy i bought mine from was level 90. I wouldnt even dare it from a level 1

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 01:03 AM ----------

Just saw two level 1's selling the mount on my server for cheap. Now im getting more worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yeah you're fine, I was asking moriat.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 06:06 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 01:03 AM ----------

Just saw two level 1's selling the mount on my server for cheap. Now im getting more worried.
    Dont worry they wont action your account even if something is off, trust me.

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't going to ban innocent players buying stuff from trade chat unless it is super obvious (I heard somebody bought 640,000g worth of duped epic gems in trade at the start of Dragon Soul and was banned)

It's the sellers that will get banned.

Anyway, the panthers are just people transferring gold; it isn't a dupe. They take their 1 million gold, turn it into 40 Panthers, then mass sell them all on the new server.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    They aren't going to ban innocent players buying stuff from trade chat unless it is super obvious (I heard somebody bought 640,000g worth of duped epic gems in trade at the start of Dragon Soul and was banned)
    I wonder how stupid you gotta be to buy that much obviously duped items lol.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:12 AM ----------

Strangely enough I just saw 3 different level 1s selling this mount for 50k, weird.

Deleted
    Probably he's reselling duped panthers. Bought them for 20-30k each from random level 1, now selling for twice more but lower than materials price.

Its safe to do that, Blizzard doesn't punish people buying duped stuff anymore, they punish only dupers (who then switch to different hacked account and continue duping).

It's most likely a compromised account. Or reselling duped items. Also, while you probably won't be banned for buying duped things, you will probably lose the mount. And the money... Good luck!

PS No WoW millionaire is that retarded to lose money, even when transferring, that's why they are millionairs...

I would be suspicious. Anyone with half a brain that wants to xfer their gold to another server & not run the risk of losing any of it will buy a level 4+ guild and do a guild xfer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    PS No WoW millionaire is that retarded to lose money, even when transferring, that's why they are millionairs...
    Yes, they do
    Onyx Panthers are the prime way of transferring gold and the demand is so incredibly low so the price drops, and the alternative methods are either less reliable or require higher bulk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

No he isn't. Duping is alive and kicking. There are several TCG mounts being sold right now on the auction house from the same guy who also sells loads of panthers and other stuff far below production costs. Do I have to mention that he also sells "rare" pets such as the crusader ones from the argent tournament and others?

He was big in duping in Cataclysm and doesn't seem to have slowed down in the least. For a time the onyx jewel panther was down to around 20k here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short, a guy said he server xfered to my server. He brought over some onyx panthers to sell off at 55k instead of the mat cost at 72k. I have anything to worry about? He has invincible and has over 10k achievement points so I can assume he does play quite a bit. He even has the salty title. Just wandering if I got a good deal since im a worry wort over the whole mount sinanagains last xpac.
    Or might be a hacked asccount....

Deleted
    I bought one on Saturday for 60k, there were 3 on the ah for 60-70k all from different sellers